Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
ManhattanJet
Water Boy

Member Number: 17948
Default Re: 9/11 comments to Jets fans uncalled for

zulater, just a note: Box seats are 189 face at Heinz and the lowers were 800 each on ticket exchange. You don't exactly have to be a CEO with a security staff to sit there.
ManhattanJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #22
LukesDad88
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12562

So you bought box seats AND lower section on the 45.

Right.

If you did, thanks for preventing somebody else from being able to get tickets.
LukesDad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #23
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

I remember someone near my section yelling "Lets Go Jets" right in the middle of the National Anthem. That left a bad taste in my mouth, as someone who's very patriotic as well. Anyways, I wonder who in the world even would think to invoke the WTC attacks during a football game (probably a liberal).
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #24
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

Hah, I was in Cleveland the last game of the season. Lets just say my Dad wasn't thrilled with some of the things hurled our way and some of the things being said. It's a nasty world out there.

You should of been with my crowd. We had 6 Jets fans next to us and asked us for many of things, in which we helped in return. Hell, it got so much fun that my dad, who is a great cook, were making their burgers for them and flipping them on the grill while we all played corn-hole and beer pong!

Sorry for your experience, but with over 66,000+, there's always going to be one nut-bag and low life drunk out to ruin it for everyone else.

Just ignore it, there's no other way but for the record, I've heard around the world that N.Y'ers are the most dirtiest, loudest, and rudest people anyone can ever walk across. Just put things into perspective that there are scumbags in the United States, and yes, even your precious city of N.Y who have been major jackoffs as well.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

I rescinded what I just said about New York. Never been there. Just go off what people say on television.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #26
ManhattanJet
Water Boy

Member Number: 17948

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Hah, I was in Cleveland the last game of the season. Lets just say my Dad wasn't thrilled with some of the things hurled our way and some of the things being said. It's a nasty world out there.

You should of been with my crowd. We had 6 Jets fans next to us and asked us for many of things, in which we helped in return. Hell, it got so much fun that my dad, who is a great cook, were making their burgers for them and flipping them on the grill while we all played corn-hole and beer pong!

Sorry for your experience, but with over 66,000+, there's always going to be one nut-bag and low life drunk out to ruin it for everyone else.

Just ignore it, there's no other way.
Agreed. Theres guaranteed to be bad people in every crowd, NY certainly not excluded.

I really am not here to cause trouble. Was just looking for honest feedback and wondering if this was typical behavior.

To those who think I'm making this up, its your right not to believe me and I can't force you to think otherwise.

I'm a passionate fan who came out to the game to support my team and wasn't looking to pick any fights.

Mods you can go ahead and lock this if it's going to start fights, not my intention. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Dallas and enjoy your stay there. Good luck and God Bless America.
ManhattanJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanJet View Post
Not sure that's something I'd want to take a picture of. Why would I bother making something like that up??

Like I said, not everyone I encountered was awful. Just wanted to make a note that I was much worse than any other away place I've been. Not trying to get people to say sorry, just was wondering if this is common here. Never heard 9/11 jokes at any other stadiums so wasn't sure why this was the case here.
Because that type of insult is a NATIONAL News Story...not just a "football" thing.

I find it highly doubtful that an American put up a picture of the WTC Event and then, made fun of it. That's why I want a picture. Cause I call BULLLSHIT!

You think that event just hit NY? Seriously? I call BS on 9/11 Jokes, 9/11 Pictures made in regards to the Jets Game. I would have punched a Steeler fan in the face myself if he said anything about 9/11 like that and I would have torn down any picture like that in a bar had I seen it and shoved it down the Bar Owners Throat...

Being a Veteran...and knowing, Pittsburgh is full of God Fearing, Country Loving, Blue Collar folks, I highly doubt that kind of shiiit would have been stood for.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #28
SteelHaven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17811

Quote:
I really am not here to cause trouble. Was just looking for honest feedback and wondering if this was typical behavior.
Anyone can have the art of tounge with intention to bring trouble, like with comments like this.

Now get out and good bye.
SteelHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #29
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Agreed. Theres guaranteed to be bad people in every crowd, NY certainly not excluded.

To those who think I'm making this up, its your right not to believe me and I can't force you to think otherwise.

I'm a passionate fan who came out to the game to support my team and wasn't looking to pick any fights.

Mods you can go ahead and lock this if it's going to start fights, not my intention. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Dallas and enjoy your stay there. Good luck and God Bless America.
Listen Up Pal...and I mean that...there is no way making Jokes or comments about 9/11...which included a Plane crashing in Central PA (Lets Roll) would be something typical.

What would be though...And I mean this...What would be Typical Behavior is a whiney bitch ass Jets Fan coming into an Online Forum and making outrageous claims against the fans of a team that just Beat his team's ass 2 days ago.

Nevermind taking a photo of such an insulting thing like the WTC Event mocking the Jets to the paper. No, You just came into a forum and posted about it....sure thing.

I grew up In Jersey...so your Crap ain't gonna fly with me. I've been to Jets/Giants/Rangers/Yankees/Mets/Nets/Nicks/Devils games...I know all about you guys.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #30
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

oh yeah...and when I went to all those sporting events...I was Rooting for the OTHER TEAM!

Except the time I watched Clemens pitch in Old Yankee stadium...I was just there to see him toss the ball and enjoy that moment for what it was. Getting to watch one of the all time greats. Being a bleacher creature back when that was allowed.