Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530
Default Flozell Adams: 'I'm a Steeler'

PITTSBURGH -- Offensive tackle Flozell Adams spent the majority of his career with the Dallas Cowboys. But that was the last team he cared to talk about on Wednesday.

"I'm a Steeler," Adams said, dodging any questions in the locker room about Dallas. "So that's how we roll."

[+] EnlargeIcon SMI
Flozell Adams will be returning to Cowboys Stadium, but this time with the Pittsburgh Steelers.After a dozen years with the Cowboys, Adams will return to the place where it all started. This time Adams will be the starting right tackle for the AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers, who will play the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium.

It's yet another twist of irony between the Steelers and Cowboys, who are two of the NFL's winningest franchises, combining for 11 Super Bowl championships. Adams never had the chance to win a title with the Cowboys. But he gets his first shot at a ring on the Cowboys' home turf in his first season with the Steelers (14-4).

"It would mean just as much, if not more, for me to win it for Flozell," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. "To go back to Dallas and he's never had a chance to go to a Super Bowl. To get to play in one, and it's in Dallas, I want to win one for him as much as I do myself."

Adams, 35, was released by the Cowboys this past offseason. Pittsburgh signed him as a replacement for the injured Willie Colon, who tore his Achilles and was out for the season.

Adams had to switch from left tackle to right tackle with the Steelers but got better as the season went on. His run blocking, in particular, has been solid. Adams helped pave the way for tailback Rashard Mendenhall (1,273 yards, 13 touchdowns) to have a career season.

"It was a challenge," Adams said of the position switch. "I had some trouble adjusting with it and learning the scheme in the beginning. But I just stuck with it."

Less than a year after being released, the sight of Adams potentially holding up the Lombardi Trophy at Cowboys Stadium may not sit well with many Dallas fans. But don't ask Adams to reflect on his days as a Cowboy. He's not interested in talking about his former organization this week.

"It's been a while; I don't remember," Adams said, laughing. "I'm just talking about the Steelers and what we're doing for this Super Bowl right now, that's all."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...s-im-a-steeler
Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Flozell Adams: 'I'm a Steeler'

Sorry man, already posted. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=68293

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
Closed Thread