Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #141
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,014 Times in 424 Posts
Default Re: Titan / Steeler player swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutchy View Post
Who knows. If you read my OP, I merely say that Ben and Vince are comparable in numbers and talent. Neither passes for big numbers, and neither is a pocket passer. Both rely on their legs and buying time. Steelers have a better defense and recievers. They compare in accuracy and completion percentage.
Typically, they seem to be 15 of 25, for 200 yards, one TD and maybe a pick.
You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Ben's average game is 18 of 28 (64%) for 227 yards, 1 or 2 TDs, and less than 1 INT

Young's average game is 13 of 22 (59%) for 150 yards, less than 1 TD and less than 1 INT

So Ben completes 5% more of his passes (a big difference) for 77 more yards and 1 more TD every game.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #142
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Who knows. If you read my OP, I merely say that Ben and Vince are comparable in numbers and talent. Neither passes for big numbers, and neither is a pocket passer. Both rely on their legs and buying time. Steelers have a better defense and recievers. They compare in accuracy and completion percentage.
Typically, they seem to be 15 of 25, for 200 yards, one TD and maybe a pick.
But none of that is true.

Here. I'll make it real clear for you.

Young:

Completion Percentage: 57.9
Yards/play average: 6.8
Yards/game average: 150
TD %: 3.5 (he has a 1:1 ratio)
Average rushing yards/play: 5.2
Fumbles: 21

Ben:

Completion Percentage: 63.1
Yards/play average: 8.0
Yards/game average: 227.3
TD %: 5.1
Average rushing yards/play: 3.3
Fumbles: 14 (in 45 more games)

Ben is over 22k yards. VY hasn't even reached 9k.

Now, I know that the rushing looks nice and all, but couple that with the fact that even though VY rushes more, his first down % from rushing is lower than Bens.

Please tell me when VY has consistently passed for 200 yds/game.

I just want to know where you are getting your made up numbers that don't back up your statements.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #143
wutchy
Banned

Member Number: 17595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
Ben completed 70% of his passes and threw a perfect pass into triple coverage to win the game. Like honestly.
70% is like 14 0f 20. ASk Holmes if the pass was perfect? He caught it. Theres only one or two other Wr's in the league that could have made that catch, i can think of 5 or 6 QB's who could make the throw, or better.
wutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #144
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,934 Times in 1,838 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #145
wutchy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
But none of that is true.

Here. I'll make it real clear for you.

Young:

Completion Percentage: 57.9
Yards/play average: 6.8
Yards/game average: 150
TD %: 3.5 (he has a 1:1 ratio)
Average rushing yards/play: 5.2
Fumbles: 21

Ben:

Completion Percentage: 63.1
Yards/play average: 8.0
Yards/game average: 227.3
TD %: 5.1
Average rushing yards/play: 3.3
Fumbles: 14 (in 45 more games)

Ben is over 22k yards. VY hasn't even reached 9k.

Now, I know that the rushing looks nice and all, but couple that with the fact that even though VY rushes more, his first down % from rushing is lower than Bens.

Please tell me when VY has consistently passed for 200 yds/game.

I just want to know where you are getting your made up numbers that don't back up your statements.
when i say their numbers are similar, i mean in a middle of the road kind of way.
Put Vince in Pittsburgh and Ben in Tennessee, and you'll see a reversal that Vince COULD put up better numbers. Similar talent and skill sets.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #146
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
70% is like 14 0f 20. ASk Holmes if the pass was perfect? He caught it. Theres only one or two other Wr's in the league that could have made that catch, i can think of 5 or 6 QB's who could make the throw, or better.
That pass WAS perfect idiot! How the hell could Ben have thrown that ball any better where a Cardinal defender wouldn't intercept it or knock it down? You are just digging a bigger hole for yourself. Watch it and explain it to me, oh great football genius.

[YOUTUBE]BOfouSAAkZY[/YOUTUBE]

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #147
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
I just watched the game again last night. It was a lot like the Jets game.
Ben played similar in both games if you ask me. Irrespective of numbers, maybe they were similar too, but thats not the point.
Since you won't bother to look anything up, I'll just tell you. They weren't. Ben's numbers in SBXLIII were much better than in the Jets game.

Quote:
Ben sucked in the cardinals super bowl, except for the first and last drives, and he sucked in the jets game, except for the first and last drives.
Harrison saved the day in one, Gay in the other.
If Harrison saved the day, then why did they need a last minute drive for a TD? I'm not knocking on Harrison or the D...that was a great play, but the D allowed over 400 yards total.

Ben was responsible for 2 TDs, and 2 FGs. One TD came from the D. The safety the Cardinals scored would have been a 1st down and who knows what else if the center doesn't hold.

You are just grasping at straws now. Was he Kurt Warner, Tom Brady good? No....but he didn't "suck". And VY will never be an upgrade to any team except MAYBE the Raiders.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 02-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #148
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
when i say their numbers are similar, i mean in a middle of the road kind of way.
Put Vince in Pittsburgh and Ben in Tennessee, and you'll see a reversal that Vince COULD put up better numbers. Similar talent and skill sets.
BASED ON WHAT???

I keep asking you that and you never answer. What has VY done that impresses you so?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #149
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:

21/30 is exactly 70%.

Those just happen to be the number of passes Ben completed to the number he attempted.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #150
wutchy
Banned

Quote:
I think that if the Steelers win the big one on Sunday, I'd like to see them do a team rebuild without losing a step, because a repeat or three peat is possible.
To accomplish a rebuild and not take a step back, they should trade aging stars with value, for younger guys wh are just as good, or can be just as good in the Steeler system.

I'd like to see the Steelers trade Ben, Troy, and Mendy to the Titans for
Vince Young for Ben.
Chris Johnson for Rashard Mendenhall
Jason McCourty for Troy Polamalu

Young is a similar talent as Ben. He could "manage" games as well as Ben can.
Chris Johnson is a step up from Mendy and has break away speed.
McCourty is a 2nd year up and comer who could make an immediate impact.
I think the Steelers could even get a #1 draft pick out of the deal, and use it to get a top 8 player. They could use the pick to take WR Julio Jones, CB Prince Amukamara, or RB Mark Ingram. Either one would be a great addition. Then they would still have their other pick, #32 hopefully, to take Mike Pouncey.

With two first rounders, a great corner in McCourty, a great RB in Johnson, and a potentially great QB in Vince Young, they could rebuild and get better doing it at the same time.

Ben and Vince put up similar numbers, but Ben plays with a #1 defense, Vince struggles with a ineffective Defense and a lack of good recievers.

Vince could step in for Ben and be a step up.
Lets see, I said Vince is a similar talent as Ben. He could "manage" games as well as Ben if he was in Pittsburgh.
Then i wrote Ben and Vince put up similar numbers, but Ben plays with a #1 defense, Vince struggles with a ineffective Defense and a lack of good recievers.
SIMILAR IS NOT IDENTICAL, AND I NEVER IMPLIED IDENTICAL. SIMILAR IS SIMILAR AS FAIR AND AVERAGE GO. THEIR NUMBERS ARE AVERAGE - AS IN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

And i'm hardly restricting my judgements to this year alone. I'm going from a career perspective and making my statements. The Steelers are a better TEAM, AND DEFENSE. TO COMPARE VINCE AND BEN IS LIKE COMPARING DAN MARINO AND BRETT FARVE. FARVE HAS BETTER NUMBERS, BUT PLAYED ON BETTER TEAMS.

I'D TAKE MARINO ANYDAY.