Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882
Default Re: Mock Drafts 2011

2011 Draft (Take 2)
Round 1: Mike Pouncey OG Florida--> would be great pulling guard and the chemistry with his brother he would fit right in.

Round 2: Christian Ballard Iowa DE--> with Aaron Smith and Keisel being aged it would be great to groom a guy like this so theres not a drop off with injury or retirement. over shadowed by Adrian Claybourn. good fit into 3-4 scheme.

Round 3: Johnny Patrick Louisville CB--> yea yea i already know our luck with Louisville corners haven't been great (yea i'm talking about you Gay)but this guy is a good cover guy with great tackling ability. built like mcfadden but with better speed.

Round 4: Casey Matthews ILB Oregon--> not as good as his brother, but with Farrior going on 37 next year we need to start thinking about the future at middle linebacker. Timmons has shown what he can do. I believe Casey will be able to fight Sylvester for the spot opposite of Timmons on the field.

Round 5: Greg Romeus DE Pitt--> i know what your thinking why do we need two D-ends in this draft? well i really do not have faith in getting Ballard in the 2nd. but, if we got Romeus this deep it would be great. It's very possible Romeus will fall this far because of missing all but 2 games this year due to a back injury. He was the Big East Defensive player of the year his Junior year and I think the steelers would be drafting a high caliber player.

Round 6: WR Courtney Smith South Alabama--> with his great size 6'4, 225 this guy still runs a 4.57 40. Compared to Brandon Marshall coming out of college (minus the attitude problems) this guy can fill the Steelers void for a big physical receiver outside. They missed Golden Tate last year and this guy is 5x times better potential in my book.

Round 7: Charlie Gantt TE Michigan State--> This pick is just to get rid of Spaeth. If miller ever goes down Charlie Gantt is a guy that can actually catch a ball. I have 0 confidence in Spaeth. Just look at the Jets game. Gantt is known for his blocking but is like a Nate Byham clone from pitt last year.
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882

Round 7: Charlie Gantt TE Michigan State--> This pick is just to get rid of Spaeth. If miller ever goes down Charlie Gantt is a guy that can actually catch a ball. I have 0 confidence in Spaeth. Just look at the Jets game. Gantt is known for his blocking but is like a Nate Byham clone from pitt last year.
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #13
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold88 View Post
Pouncey isn't even the top ranked guard in this draft and I just don't see us drafting him in round 1, let alone trading up for him. I'd like to get Derek Sherrod in round 1 if Adrian Clayborn or Brandon Harris are gone.
alot of people have him as the top guard
Old 02-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
Wallace17
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17793

Jesus lets take pouncey as long as we can grab a$$ to mouth from the raiders he is an awesome cb would like to spend some money and grab him we are way under cap. Also keep woodly and ike though
Wallace17 is offline   Reply With Quote