Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #21
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Draft Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason
Well he did pretty much single handedly win a national championship, I don't think saying he is going to have a great career is the riskiest prediction.
USC defense had more to do with the loss than Young had to do with a win.

Look no further than the absense of Lofa Tatupu. I don't know how many linebackers leave school early only to become a key component of the NFC championship team as a rookie. The entire defense was decimated by injuries. They were playing true freshman last year.

Look what USC did to Oklahoma the year before - 55-19 rout. Young played against the same OU team mid-season to the tune of a 12-0 loss (yes zero points) on 86 yards passing. If you are comparing apples to apples then perhaps the Rose Bowl may not be the best litmus test. Unless beating up on second, third and fourth stringers prepares you as a Top 10 pick.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #22
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Yeah, by bust I mean he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana like he's being hyped to be, much more like Tim Couch.

I also want to add that Domenik Hixon is my triple super duper sleeper pick (even though it's not much of a secret anymore).
I'm thinking better than Tim Couch. The two things you can count on with Leinart is that he can handle the pressure and he is not a problem child. Quite frankly if I were being asked the questions that he had to answer since the Oklahoma Orange Bowl rout, I'd probably be in a straight jacket drooling on a some padded concrete floor.

That being said anyone expecting the second coming of Montana is setting themselves up for disappointment. The supply of NFL-caliber QB's is (thankfully for us now) woefully low. The teams without have no choice but to pay the going rate - it's almost as if they have guns to their heads.

A triple super duper sleeper pick...say that 10 times fast.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #23
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

Is really hard to say, ben was put in a greta situation because the Steelers were not going to be a team that was going to be in last place year after year and that is why i dont really think highly of taking a QB so high. If ge goes to Tenn I think would be best siutation for him because is already familiar with coahing staff and offense and Tenn is already in rebuilding mode. If he went to the Saints or Jets, i look at him to be a bust because i dont feel those teams will be .500 teams and those divisions are in an upswing and getting better. I think at first Young will be a more productive player because a SMART team will use him in a way like we used Stewart just because his althletic ability allows him to come in on different situations and possibly run option, Screens, possibly even at WR, 3rd and short .. 4th and short goaline ect.

I think in the end Leinart will be a decent QB, but he has some serious questions on his arm strength, but so did Brady. So hard to say but i have a feeling we will hear alot more about V Young than we will about Leiardt at the beginning. Until young has to play every down ( like Kordell ), he will be considered a better pick.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:45 AM   #24
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

I think I'm over the idea of getting Lendale. I still think we should do whatever is possible to make him a Steeler. Slam dunk.

But I'm more (barely) intrigued by our mid-round picks. Players like Hixon are exactly the kind of players we should be going after now - 'cap' friendly with huge upside. Would Steve Largent or Jerry Rice mean the difference between winning or losing the Super Bowl. History is speaking for itself.

I want Kevin Colbert to go for the triple super duper sleeper picks this year. It's just plainly smart.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #25
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The key will be where these guys go, so I should clarify. I think Couch would've been a much more servicable QB had he gone just about anywhere else, but that bad OL just ate him up at Cleveland. If Leinert ends up starting in his first year behind an equally shitty OL, he could quite possibly end up in the same boat...but, that being said, I think he COULD start in his first year, along with Cutler.

If Young has to play right out of the shoot, he'll make Vick look like Marino when it's all said and done.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote