Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
SteelHaven
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17811
Default The loss finally hit me hard.

The moment we lost Sunday I was hurt and disappointed but overcome more with positives feelings about the season, next season, and the future. The week goes by and all I see now is the opportunity of a new legacy (in our organization and history) slip away.. coming down to 1 game- that game.

I still feel positive about our team's chances of making it back but what a lot of people felt on Sunday from a negative standpoint is what I'm experiencing now and hitting me hard.

Delayed reaction I guess.

I'm grateful for the season (journey) they gave us but dam..
SteelHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,496 Times in 2,759 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: The loss finally hit me hard.

always sucks to come close and leave empty handed. optimistic because this year's draft class was what our team needed for the future. i think our team is only 1 or 2 corner upgrades from another sb title. we have the pieces on offense and imo, the offensive line is better than average already if all can stay healthy. kugler has done a hell of a job.

arians should go. we need someone who will commit more to the running game and be less predictable.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,426 Times in 590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelHaven View Post
The moment we lost Sunday I was hurt and disappointed but overcome more with positives feelings about the season, next season, and the future. The week goes by and all I see now is the opportunity of a new legacy (in our organization and history) slip away.. coming down to 1 game- that game.

I still feel positive about our team's chances of making it back but what a lot of people felt on Sunday from a negative standpoint is what I'm experiencing now and hitting me hard.

Delayed reaction I guess.

I'm grateful for the season (journey) they gave us but dam..
Same here. After the game, I think it took awhile for the shock to wear off. It was kind of in slow motion when that 4th and 5 ball hit the turf as my brain went into slow motion mode and I was looking for a yellow flag for what seemed to be 20 min. I then got off my seat and congratulated Green Bay having to put on a front in front of my also dissapointed house guests.

That next day was the worst and more specifically, that evening trying to sleep. It was impossible. It still lingers today but it's slowly going away just thinking about this April's draft and 2011 season if they can reach an agreement.

I guess the thing I'm having a problem with is the magic of this season, going back to the big game AGAIN and realizing and asking "When will the next time be?" Who knows when will be our next opportunity. Losing the big one sure does make you wonder where do we go from here but at the same time, VERY optimistic about our team. I love this team.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,247 Times in 1,307 Posts

maybe thats why i've had trouble sleeping...

just throwing this out there would anyone be against kugler as oc? not saying he has experience or would be good just wondering
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,496 Times in 2,759 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
maybe thats why i've had trouble sleeping...

just throwing this out there would anyone be against kugler as oc? not saying he has experience or would be good just wondering
he's done a hell of a job with the offensive line, im not sure if it'd be smart to move him out of that spot yet. but if that gets rid of arians i'm all for it lol.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,280 Times in 569 Posts

The reason why this one doesn't bother me that much is because of the way the season started and that no one expected us to even qualify as a wild card. So we did pretty damned good all things considered.

If we had started the season with a veteran receiver corps and all kinds of depth and the talking heads were picking us to go all the way and even the team believed it would and THEN we lost like this --- that would have hurt a whole lot more.

To me, this season was like going to play golf knowing that your game needs a ton of work but shooting a pretty good round anyway. Maybe it isn't the round you know you could play, but it was better than you expected.

That's a bonus in my book.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Every time someone mentions the words Super Bowl or Green Bay, hell even any word associated with football, I get sick to my stomach. I stayed away from this forum for a few days hoping to let the loss go. I'm back and lurking, but the gloominess is still there.

Last night I saw the commercial for Disney World and wanted to throw up. I'm not sure when I'll get over this one. I might agree FS72, but it still makes me extremely ill!!! I have no idea when this insane, sick feeling is going to subside, but it hasn't yet.

I can't wait until the 2011 season starts ... I'll be at training camp and cheering them on. Until then .....
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

I'm getting over this a lot faster than SB XXX. It still hurts like hell and sucks but we have a brighter future ahead. Young QB, RB, and WR. Young LB's, DE and hopefully we keep Ike. After the SB XXX loss, it was not looking good for the immediate future as some key players were probably going to leave within 2-3 years and that was exactly what happened.
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

by the time next season starts we will all be happy that we made it to the super bowl in 2011. it sucks we lost but there is no point worrying about something you cant change. we were the 2nd best team last season and hopefully we can improve on that next season. its always best to keep looking forward and not dwell in the past
Old 02-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
I'm getting over this a lot faster than SB XXX. It still hurts like hell and sucks but we have a brighter future ahead. Young QB, RB, and WR. Young LB's, DE and hopefully we keep Ike. After the SB XXX loss, it was not looking good for the immediate future as some key players were probably going to leave within 2-3 years and that was exactly what happened.
I would agree with most of those statements, but we need to groom a replacement for James Farrior soon as he is getting up in age. I think Harrison will be fine for about 2 more years because he hasn't played his whole career and have that many injuries. I think Casey can hold up for 1-2 more years as Kiesel and maybe Smith. So I think the NT-DE youth combo draft comes next year. As for our most immediate need is a young speedy CB or probably 2 from the draft. If we get the right CB from the draft this year I like our chances again.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote