Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
LegendSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17810
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
I was like who won the NFC championship game? He responded Bears are division champs.
That's funny, because that's EXACTLY how Cincinnati fans acted in 2005 after the Steelers beat them and ultimately won the SB.

Regarding Browns fans, my parents have a camp in Ohio that is split down the middle between Steelers and Browns. Honestly, it's the same every year no matter what the Steelers and Browns do the previous season.

Last edited by LegendSteel; 02-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.
LegendSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendSteel View Post
That's funny, because that's EXACTLY how Cincinnati fans acted in 2005 after the Steelers beat them and ultimately won the SB.

Regarding Browns fans, my parents have a camp in Ohio that is split down the middle between Steelers and Browns. Honestly, it's the same every year no matter what the Steelers and Browns do the previous season.
HAHAHAHAHAHA I remember that occurring. We won the f*cking Super Bowl and Bunghole fans gloated about how better they were and how they had our number and how they were the new cream of the crop because they won the division!

AFC NORTH > Super Bowl. That's the mentality of a fanbase that's NEVER won. Sad really.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #13
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

Ohio is pretty funny... A good split with Browns, Bengals, and Steelers fans... either one of the three teams will those Ohioans be fans of.

And I don't know why the browns fans are always complaining... everybody takes the Browns to the Super Bowl every single day... when they go to the bathroom.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
Raven fans really hate Pittsburgh just the raven fans I know. I think it is bigitme jealousy. In fact I know it is bigtime jealousy.
When your team wins, all the haters come out of the woodwork. Its kind of a damn if we win, damn if we dont. They will still find something to cry about. The Steelers and their fans of all know this way to well. We get here on the board with the trolls or we get on the streets. But for us Ravens are the worse for us as the bears are to you!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #15
Packerstud
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17932

The Packers vs Bears rivalry is a different kind of animal. There is and always has been a real hate between the fans, coaches and most of the players.

From Martin's after the whistle body slam of Bears QB McMahon to put the Bears out of the playoffs to Lovie in his very first press conference as Bears head coach, " My #1 goal is to beat the Packers" quote and 100s of other examples since 1929.

You can't compare Bears vs Packers to any other rivalry.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #16
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

I don't know... the Steelers rivalry to the Browns (pre95)/Ravens have been intense... One of the Browns defense guys slammed bradshaw on the top of his head.. course that might explains some things today regarding bradshaw...
Old 02-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #17
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerstud View Post
The Packers vs Bears rivalry is a different kind of animal. There is and always has been a real hate between the fans, coaches and most of the players.

From Martin's after the whistle body slam of Bears QB McMahon to put the Bears out of the playoffs to Lovie in his very first press conference as Bears head coach, " My #1 goal is to beat the Packers" quote and 100s of other examples since 1929.

You can't compare Bears vs Packers to any other rivalry.
To me thats not being a bad guy buy saying that, he knows he has to beat the Packers, thats just knowledge on his part......Us Steeler fans get much more trash talk than that.....Ask Jim Harbaugh, we know that guy hates us. And he lets us know it!

Old 02-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #18
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Packers may have a big rivalry with the Bears........Steelers got rivalrys with ....Ravens,Browns,Oakland, in the 70's Cryboys.......

Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
Packerstud
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17932

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Packers may have a big rivalry with the Bears........Steelers got rivalrys with ....Ravens,Browns,Oakland, in the 70's Cryboys.......
I hated it when you guys got moved to the Expansion League, otherwise you could of added the Packers to your list.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Heh as Yogi Berra said, it's deja vu all over again. Like you guys and the Bears, we also lost a close one to the Ravens early in the season. We played them again in Baltimore with Ben starting and we beat them. And the Ravens still made excuses. IF you want to see a whiner of a head coach, I suggest you look at Harbaugh of the Ravens, the man never accepts responsibility after a defeat, only throws out crap like "we gave it away." and then like you guys and the Bears, we met again the playoffs and beat them. I chalk it up to jealously over you guys having more success historically than the Bears. It's the same thing with Ravens fans and us really except the Bears have more history than the Ravens do obvously.
Exactly! Usually fans are the ones that have no class...in the Ravens case, it's not only the fans (not all, but some) but it's also their coach. Even if some Steelers fans have no class, at least I'm proud to say Tomlin is one of the most classy coaches in the NFL. All he had to say after the loss was that it wasn't so much about what we didn't do...it was about what the Packers did. HE gave them all the credit and didn't make a single excuse. Could you imagine what Harbaugh would have said?