Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: After final further review it is 2 plays that lost the SuperBowl

My two plays were the two penalties in the kick game that killed us with bad field position at crucial times of the game. And the thing is neither penalty aided the play in any way. I've watched Mundy's block in the back about 50 times, and while there's no doubt it was a legitimate call, there's also no doubt on my part that Antoine Brown would have still advanced the ball to the 43 yard line if Mundy never makes contact there, as the Packer defender took a terrible angle on the play and had already run himself out of any chance of making the tackle.

If we get the ball at the 43 as we should have ( without Mundy's stupidity, I'm not blaming the ref) that pick 6 likely never happens.

And of course I think the lack of field position on our last offensive series factored into how poorly we performed with the ball there.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
My two plays were the two penalties in the kick game that killed us with bad field position at crucial times of the game. And the thing is neither penalty aided the play in any way. I've watched Mundy's block in the back about 50 times, and while there's no doubt it was a legitimate call, there's also no doubt on my part that Antoine Brown would have still advanced the ball to the 43 yard line if Mundy never makes contact there, as the Packer defender took a terrible angle on the play and had already run himself out of any chance of making the tackle.

If we get the ball at the 43 as we should have ( without Mundy's stupidity, I'm not blaming the ref) that pick 6 likely never happens.

And of course I think the lack of field position on our last offensive series factored into how poorly we performed with the ball there.
see, i dont buy into those being as impactful as ben missing the easiest read he had all night and throwing an interception that woulda been a TD for any other great qb that made it to a SB.

can ANYBODY name me the 2 penalties in SB XXX that helped lose it vs. dallas? nobody remembers those. people only remember niels 2 ints in regards to us giving away the game

with mundys penalty im still pretty sure bruce woulda called the same scripted play. ben still probably woulda been hit, and collins still probably woulda returned it for a TD (this time for 90 yds instead of 40). the piss poor effort our offense gave in trying to make a tackle, im convinced an int woulda been returned any distance.

as for fox's penalty. it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. the previous sb, the steelers overcame not only a safety, but a penalty that backed them up to almost the same position on their last ditch effort drive.

the steelers inability to gain 5 yards for a 1st down on 3 consecutive plays is what killed them. it woulda killed them at the 40 yard line just as it did at the 30.

10% of the game is physical. 90% is mental. ben and matthews proved why.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #23
Tulsa
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17270
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
yep, you know if we had a REAL fullback this maybe wouldn't have happened. if it was someone like dan kreider leading the charge instead, clay matthews would have been pancaked... ah damn you arians.

We need a fullback with a number in the 30's. Not the 80's.
Tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #24
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Ben missing a wide open Heath on his 2nd pick was inexcusable. You can get the read at the line on that play. If in doubt, look again because Heath is putting his hand up. How Ben misses that at this stage in his career is beyond me.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

....these were ALL impactful plays. Especially those 2 penalties called. HUGE.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #26
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
It is what it is......Packers no turn overs....Steelers 3 turn overs. End of story!
Ditto
Old 02-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
see, i dont buy into those being as impactful as ben missing the easiest read he had all night and throwing an interception that woulda been a TD for any other great qb that made it to a SB.

can ANYBODY name me the 2 penalties in SB XXX that helped lose it vs. dallas? nobody remembers those. people only remember niels 2 ints in regards to us giving away the game

with mundys penalty im still pretty sure bruce woulda called the same scripted play. ben still probably woulda been hit, and collins still probably woulda returned it for a TD (this time for 90 yds instead of 40). the piss poor effort our offense gave in trying to make a tackle, im convinced an int woulda been returned any distance.

as for fox's penalty. it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. the previous sb, the steelers overcame not only a safety, but a penalty that backed them up to almost the same position on their last ditch effort drive.

the steelers inability to gain 5 yards for a 1st down on 3 consecutive plays is what killed them. it woulda killed them at the 40 yard line just as it did at the 30.

10% of the game is physical. 90% is mental. ben and matthews proved why.
Is it bad that I STILL have a bad taste in my mouth about this game?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Is it bad that I STILL have a bad taste in my mouth about this game?
nope. 3rd and 5 woulda been the perfect opportunity to run the ball. we still had a time out when the game ended. i re-watched and looked and clay matthews was left in there to spy ben, its not guaranteed it woulda gone for a huge gain, but im almost certain we woulda atleast got the 1st down, and possibly broke a big one.

in the final series vs the jets, rex ryan admitted he never expected the steelers to throw the ball on that final 3rd and 6 before we iced the game.

the packers woulda never expected a run on that 3rd and 5.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #29
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Ben missing a wide open Heath on his 2nd pick was inexcusable. You can get the read at the line on that play. If in doubt, look again because Heath is putting his hand up. How Ben misses that at this stage in his career is beyond me.
That was hard to watch....Heath wide open and that would of been a huge play for heath.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #30
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
That was hard to watch....Heath wide open and that would of been a huge play for heath.
not the only open guy Ben missed last Sunday either...

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHH!

I'm still MAD!