Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default FA the Steelers shoudl consider looking at

The steelers should look at these guys. Well I hope they take a look at these guys but I doubt they will spend big money on FA when they have to sign Woodley, Taylor, and Colon....so here are the guys I would like the Steelers to look at:

CB: I believe that this is one of our biggest needs besides OL...We need to sign Taylor and hopefully one of these guys in this list for cheap....

Champ Bailey, CB, Broncos. Age: 33 (if he signs for the right price we can develop a cb but he'll probably won't sign for cheap)

Richard Marshall, CB, Panthers. Age: 26.

Eric Wright, CB, Browns. Age: 26

Brent Grimes (RFA), CB, Falcons. Age: 28.

Brandon Carr (RFA), CB, Chiefs. Age: 25.

TE: I want a TE that can block and catch the damn ball better than Speath...that guy can't step up when it matters most.

Zach Miller, TE, Raiders. Age: 25(This guy would be awesome to pick up but again his price would be way too high)

Marcedes Lewis, TE, Jaguars. Age: 27.( This guy is a beast but he is very inconsistent...he's coming off a pretty good year but I think he'll want a lot of money as well)

Kevin Boss, TE, Giants. Age: 27( I think this guy would be a real possibility for us in the offseason...He's a good blocker and is a huge target at 6'7" especially in the enzone...I hope we pick up this guy to replace Speath)

OL: (Hopefully we can sign Willie Colon an if we don't draft a T, then he should remain at RT...If we draft a decent T prospect in the 1st then Colon can be our RG and possibly a probowler)

Marshal Yanda, OT/G, Ravens. Age: 26. (If we don't sing Colon I think this guy can step in at RG...and hopefully draft a good T...we can even put J. Scott as our RT where I think he's suited best...so either way we have options if we're unable to sing colon)

Jared Gaither, OT, Ravens. Age: 25.( when this guy was healthy he was a premier LT in development....if he can come back to 100% despite his back injury I think we should pick him up quick...but thas a big IF)

NT: Hampton is getting up there in age so we need to find a replacement pretty soon....

Paul Soliai, NT, Dolphins. Age: 27. A huge guy at 6'4' 355lbs this guy is a big run stuffing NT that I would love us to pick up to groom...

DE: I don't think this is our glaring need because of Hood's development although we need another guy to back up Kiesel because he's also getting up there in age....a guy I would like for the Steelers but would probably cost way too much would be:

Ray Edwards, DE, Vikings. Age: 26.

OLB: we need some depth at the position because our only good backup is Worilds but he's still in development....

Manny Lawson, OLB/DE, 49ers. Age: 27( this guy is a tremendous athlete that can be a good backup IMO...hopefully we can pick him up cheap so we can add some depth at the OLB...

S: We need a guy to groom behind Polamalu and Clark...with Polamalu injury prone and Clark getting up there in age...we need a guy that can play both safety positions...I know we got 2 backup safeties in Will Allen and Ryan Mundy but I'm going to put in 2 names I kind of like..

Michael Huff, S, Raiders. Age: 28.

Dashon Goldson, FS, 49ers. Age: 26.
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: FA the Steelers shoudl consider looking at

I would love to get Gaither, but aside from him, Bailey, and Aso, there's not really anybody else in FA this year who would help our team all that much IMO. I don't see any of the Tight Ends you listed leavng their current teams either, they'll all be resigned.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
GameTime55
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15914

I wonder if Dashon Goldson becomes available at all if Taylor Mays move into the starting role.

And that could be a "semi big if" because Goldson has started for SF in the past AND played pretty well.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime55 View Post
I wonder if Dashon Goldson becomes available at all if Taylor Mays move into the starting role.

And that could be a "semi big if" because Goldson has started for SF in the past AND played pretty well.
That's what intrigues me about this guy...thumbsup:....another guy that's played well before this year is CB R. Marshall from Carolina...the guy is still young and I think he's flying under the radar because the Panthers whole team was horrible this season!.....I hope we take a look at this guy....He'll be an instant upgrade over McFadden, Gay, Madison, and Lewis.....I honestly hope we keep i. Taylor....
Old 02-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
Mr. Goosemahn
Water Boy

Member Number: 14421

That is one fantastic list of free agents for us, almost all of them are ideal fits and I also have them as targets. Well done!

That being said, most of them would be too expensive for our standards. And finally, Ray Edwards isn't our type of DE. He's a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 DE. Can't hold his ground as well as our guys can, probably can't hold gaps like most 5-techniques can either.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That is one fantastic list of free agents for us, almost all of them are ideal fits and I also have them as targets. Well done!

That being said, most of them would be too expensive for our standards. And finally, Ray Edwards isn't our type of DE. He's a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 DE. Can't hold his ground as well as our guys can, probably can't hold gaps like most 5-techniques can either.
Thanks...you know wha,t I thought Ray Edwards was as big as Kiesel...I just checked...he's 6'6" 275lbs...you're right he is not that good against the run so he's better suited for the 4-3... i really messed up on that one...my bad...lol......I'll c if I can find someone to put in there as a FA DE...
Old 02-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882

If for what ever reason the falcons don't resign Brent Grimes it would be a great addition to the Steelers. I mean just look at him fly to the ball.
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote