Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,500 Times in 2,762 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

f the ravens
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #22
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,079 Times in 3,742 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

in my experience with bad fans, they don't believe your team can win it all. When your team does win the SB, they hardly acknowledge it, maybe saying something like there was cheating or luck involved.

After your team wins the SB, they just want to talk about next year, in which your team is going to get what's coming to them.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #23
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

The most crazy are those who have these conspiracy theories like Cowher or Dan Rooney paid off the refs in Super Bowl XL. I think it comes back to jealously mostly. From the outside looking in, wouldn't you be jealous of a team that is a strong team year in and year out. The funny thing for me is when we're compared to teams like the Yankees. Don't want to offend anyone here who's a Yankees fan but the only thing we really have in common with the Yanks is a strong winning tradition. We're not the Redskins or Cowboys who feel the need to plug up any holes with big name free agents. We build our team from the ground up. Don't have the numbers off hand but I'd wager that a very high number of our starters in the SB were originally drafted or signed by us.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #24
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerstud View Post
I hated it when you guys got moved to the Expansion League, otherwise you could of added the Packers to your list.
It didnt bother me...but that would have been interesting tho!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #25
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Heh as Yogi Berra said, it's deja vu all over again. Like you guys and the Bears, we also lost a close one to the Ravens early in the season. We played them again in Baltimore with Ben starting and we beat them. And the Ravens still made excuses. IF you want to see a whiner of a head coach, I suggest you look at Harbaugh of the Ravens, the man never accepts responsibility after a defeat, only throws out crap like "we gave it away." and then like you guys and the Bears, we met again the playoffs and beat them. I chalk it up to jealously over you guys having more success historically than the Bears. It's the same thing with Ravens fans and us really except the Bears have more history than the Ravens do obvously.

Nonsense. I'm a Raven fan. I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose. I haven't seen any other Ravens fans gloating or rubbing salt in the wound either.

I think most Ravens fans handle both defeat and victory quite well. Baltimore is a class city and as a general rule our fans are gracious in both defeat and victory. Same with our coach. John Harbaugh is a class act.

From reading this board during the last week, I see a lot of fans who can't seem to believe their team lost and certainly are not taking the defeat very well. It's not that different from what I read on the Ravens board after the Ravens lost. It is difficult to lose a Super Bowl, I actually think it is harder on Steeler fans to lose the Super Bowl than it was on Ravens fans to lose in the playoffs.

But let's not pretend that Ravens fans have some kind of inferiority complex and can't take losing. If that were the case M+T wouldn't be sold out year after year, whether we lose in the playoffs, don't make the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl. Baltimore is a good sports city, one of the best in the USA and Ravens fans are some of the best.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #26
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

After all bobbyjr. wasnt it you that said the Ravens were gonna win it this year?....how'd that work out for ya.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,332 Times in 3,527 Posts

the ravens suck and MT bank is a shithole.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #28
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Wow bobby, I haven't seen you on these boards since you took that nice long break after your team lost. Too bad you didn't come back here right after the game, although I can't say I'm surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose.
You have nothing to gloat about. Your team didn't beat us.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #29
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
Baltimore fans must depise you guys after losing to you twice in the playoffs. I mean for them that must hurt. I know for Bear fans it hurt alot to lose to us in the playoffs. I cant imagine if we lost to them in the playoffs that would sting.
3 times in the playoffs actually. In fact, the Ravens have NEVER won a big game against the Steelers. Easily, the 6 most meaningful games head to head against the Ravens have all been won by the Steelers. After that, you could argue which games were more important, but they really have never cost the Steelers anything. Most of their wins are early season or late season when we are not in contention or resting starters. For a rivalry, the big games have been very one sided.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #30
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17949
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
3 times in the playoffs actually. In fact, the Ravens have NEVER won a big game against the Steelers. Easily, the 6 most meaningful games head to head against the Ravens have all been won by the Steelers. After that, you could argue which games were more important, but they really have never cost the Steelers anything. Most of their wins are early season or late season when we are not in contention or resting starters. For a rivalry, the big games have been very one sided.
No wonder they hate Pittsburgh so much. Beating them in the playoffs 3 times? Wow that must hurt for a Ravens fan.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote