Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #31
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 10,725
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,913
Thanked 7,452 Times in 3,111 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
No wonder they hate Pittsburgh so much. Beating them in the playoffs 3 times? Wow that must hurt for a Ravens fan.
yep their hatred for us must rival our hatred for the patriots.

what i never understood about the ravens is how well they match up against new england though. their team is a lot like ours but we have the better qb. for some reason baltimore's defense always gives brady fits though, and he carves us like butter. even their defense is really identical to ours. they have great lb's, and their secondary is crap except for a star at the safety position.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #32
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,707
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 627
Thanked 1,717 Times in 697 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Nonsense. I'm a Raven fan. I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose. I haven't seen any other Ravens fans gloating or rubbing salt in the wound either.

I think most Ravens fans handle both defeat and victory quite well. Baltimore is a class city and as a general rule our fans are gracious in both defeat and victory. Same with our coach. John Harbaugh is a class act.

From reading this board during the last week, I see a lot of fans who can't seem to believe their team lost and certainly are not taking the defeat very well. It's not that different from what I read on the Ravens board after the Ravens lost. It is difficult to lose a Super Bowl, I actually think it is harder on Steeler fans to lose the Super Bowl than it was on Ravens fans to lose in the playoffs.

But let's not pretend that Ravens fans have some kind of inferiority complex and can't take losing. If that were the case M+T wouldn't be sold out year after year, whether we lose in the playoffs, don't make the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl. Baltimore is a good sports city, one of the best in the USA and Ravens fans are some of the best.
Oh, shut the mouth, jr. Don't talk as if the Ravens are some sort of model franchise that every team thrives to be and talk even BIGGER from your piss-poor fanbase when it comes to us.

Calling your head coach a thing of class wants to make me puke. The dude fits your team and their bill well. Punks to the highest degree & scumbags that take their hatred for anything Steelers to a higher level and we love it.

Being the genius you are, if you ever look around other forums after any type of loss, including your own, it's a mad uproar of who should be cut, fired or released! If you haven't noticed, yes, all Steelers fans took the loss hard to a certain extent, as would any other fanbase, but you fail to realize the great sportmanship and RESPECT we all shoved to Green Bay's side of things. You can even pick out many "if we would lose, it would be to the Packers because we respect them so much" quotes from many Steelers fans.

However, I didn't expect you to pick up those kinds of posts judging by the lack of CLASS you and the rest of you Baltimoron partners operate. Just remember you go into the draft to try to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, not the other way around!
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #33
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 350
Member Number: 17949
Thanks: 2
Thanked 230 Times in 77 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
yep their hatred for us must rival our hatred for the patriots.

what i never understood about the ravens is how well they match up against new england though. their team is a lot like ours but we have the better qb. for some reason baltimore's defense always gives brady fits though, and he carves us like butter. even their defense is really identical to ours. they have great lb's, and their secondary is crap except for a star at the safety position.
Yeah Baltimore always gives NE a good game and so does the Jets. The Jets always bring it against them. The key against NE is don't let that jerk (Brady) stand back there for an hour, just blitz the heak out of him. If you can pressure him then he looks average at best and not the same kind of qb he usually does. We played them tough with a backup qb and put pressure on Brady but he was still able to pull out a victory against us. I think the Steelers play too passive against them and play coverage against them too much, just blitz them and play physical and you guys should be able to beat them up next season.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
bobby jr
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 293
Member Number: 15696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
yep their hatred for us must rival our hatred for the patriots.

what i never understood about the ravens is how well they match up against new england though. their team is a lot like ours but we have the better qb. for some reason baltimore's defense always gives brady fits though, and he carves us like butter. even their defense is really identical to ours. they have great lb's, and their secondary is crap except for a star at the safety position.
The Ravens have never been intimidated by Brady and the Pats in recent years., When we lost to them it was close, and when we met them in the playoffs in the most important game the two teams have had two years ago we blew them away in their own stadium.

Your QB isn't all that much better than Flacco. Going into the last week of the season Flacco was ahead of Ben in QB ratings this year.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #35
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,166
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 730 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
The Ravens have never been intimidated by Brady and the Pats in recent years., When we lost to them it was close, and when we met them in the playoffs in the most important game the two teams have had two years ago we blew them away in their own stadium.

Your QB isn't all that much better than Flacco. Going into the last week of the season Flacco was ahead of Ben in QB ratings this year.
But surprisingly your QB couldn't get passed us. Where are your stats now?
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
bobby jr
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 293
Member Number: 15696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
After all bobbyjr. wasnt it you that said the Ravens were gonna win it this year?....how'd that work out for ya.
Well better than Ben's two minute offense in the Super Bowl. Some seemed to believe he would always come through in that situation which is of course impossible.

I recall how Flacco led the Ravens to the winning TD in Pittsburgh this year in the regular season in the waning seconds of that game. And I cannot help but think he would have fared better in the Super Bowl. Give Joe Flacco the ball with two minutes to go against a defense that his depleted due to injury and I think he at least gets it down close and has some shots at the end zone.

Flacco grew a lot this year and with the win in Heinz Field he achieved a status which he has never had before. I'm looking forward to next year.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #37
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,166
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 730 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Well better than Ben's two minute offense in the Super Bowl. Some seemed to believe he would always come through in that situation which is of course impossible.

I recall how Flacco led the Ravens to the winning TD in Pittsburgh this year in the regular season in the waning seconds of that game. And I cannot help but think he would have fared better in the Super Bowl. Give Joe Flacco the ball with two minutes to go against a defense that his depleted due to injury and I think he at least gets it down close and has some shots at the end zone.

Flacco grew a lot this year and with the win in Heinz Field he achieved a status which he has never had before. I'm looking forward to next year.
So your going to label Ben by his performance of his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 45. Well we can label Ben by his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 43 and he's the greatest QB ever. We can label Manning by his interception hump this year, so does that mean he is Jay Cutler. We can have Flacco labelled by his performance against the Bengals this year with 4 picks, does that mean he's a bust?

A single performance means nothing. It's true Flacco has grown a lot this year, but your pushing it if your saying better than Ben.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #38
bobby jr
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 293
Member Number: 15696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Oh, shut the mouth, jr. Don't talk as if the Ravens are some sort of model franchise that every team thrives to be and talk even BIGGER from your piss-poor fanbase when it comes to us.

Calling your head coach a thing of class wants to make me puke. The dude fits your team and their bill well. Punks to the highest degree & scumbags that take their hatred for anything Steelers to a higher level and we love it.

Being the genius you are, if you ever look around other forums after any type of loss, including your own, it's a mad uproar of who should be cut, fired or released! If you haven't noticed, yes, all Steelers fans took the loss hard to a certain extent, as would any other fanbase, but you fail to realize the great sportmanship and RESPECT we all shoved to Green Bay's side of things. You can even pick out many "if we would lose, it would be to the Packers because we respect them so much" quotes from many Steelers fans.

However, I didn't expect you to pick up those kinds of posts judging by the lack of CLASS you and the rest of you Baltimoron partners operate. Just remember you go into the draft to try to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, not the other way around!
It's true some Ravens fans are too concerned about the Steelers. However I
I recall after we lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game 3 years ago there were some Steeler fans who went to the Ravens forum to gloat immediately after the game. I didn't think that was right. Some Steeler fans are obsessed about beating the Ravens too.

Yeah we want to get over that hill and beat the Steelers that is natural, we don't want to be the Houston Oilers of the 70's, always coming close but never beating the Steelers in the playoffs.. Just as the Packers don't want to lose to the Bears.

I think it's worse to lose the Super Bowl than to lose in the playoffs.
My most painful memories as a Baltimore fan are the losses when the team was on the verge of winning the World Championship. The '69 Orioles losing to the Mets. The '69 Colts losing to the Jets.
The "71 and '79 Orioles losing to the Pirates.

For a fan there is nothing worse than having to dwell on losing the marquee event of his teams sport with the whole world watching. Losing in the playoffs is bad too, but at least you can relax during the Super Bowl and you get a higher draft choice too.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #39
bobby jr
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore Md
Posts: 293
Member Number: 15696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
So your going to label Ben by his performance of his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 45. Well we can label Ben by his 2 minute offense in Super Bowl 43 and he's the greatest QB ever. We can label Manning by his interception hump this year, so does that mean he is Jay Cutler. We can have Flacco labelled by his performance against the Bengals this year with 4 picks, does that mean he's a bust?

A single performance means nothing. It's true Flacco has grown a lot this year, but your pushing it if your saying better than Ben.
Of course Ben has the better history and two Super Bowl rings. But Flacco progressed this year, Ben was already at his peak.

I'm not labeling Ben due to the Super Bowl, but the fact is he didn't get the job done with two minutes to go.
I'm saying Flacco and Ben were very close in their QB ratings this year, and I think Flacco could have likely done somthing against a depleted Green Bay defense with two minutes to go.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #40
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,248
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,577
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts
Default Re: A question for Steeler fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Nonsense. I'm a Raven fan. I haven't posted on this board since the Steelers lost because I'm not one to gloat when the Steelers lose. I haven't seen any other Ravens fans gloating or rubbing salt in the wound either.

I think most Ravens fans handle both defeat and victory quite well. Baltimore is a class city and as a general rule our fans are gracious in both defeat and victory. Same with our coach. John Harbaugh is a class act.

From reading this board during the last week, I see a lot of fans who can't seem to believe their team lost and certainly are not taking the defeat very well. It's not that different from what I read on the Ravens board after the Ravens lost. It is difficult to lose a Super Bowl, I actually think it is harder on Steeler fans to lose the Super Bowl than it was on Ravens fans to lose in the playoffs.

But let's not pretend that Ravens fans have some kind of inferiority complex and can't take losing. If that were the case M+T wouldn't be sold out year after year, whether we lose in the playoffs, don't make the playoffs, or win the Super Bowl. Baltimore is a good sports city, one of the best in the USA and Ravens fans are some of the best.

Welcome back - i guess your ban expired - at last something to cheer me up

I agree Baltimore handles rooting for a chronically underachieving team admirably - we will agree to disagree on Mr. Harbaugh being a class act..

A serious question - given that Joe Flacco had "some problems" in the 2 most recent losses to the Steelers (that makes it 0-6 against Roethlisberger) and your vigorous support for Mr. Flacco on this board prior to his season turning turnover in the loss in Baltimore, would be interested in your view on this analysis by Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun

The Ravens should have an open competition between Bulger and Flacco at training camp. Clearly at this time, Bulger is the better quarterback even though the Ravens would be embarrassed to admit it. After three years, Flacco still hasn't proven he is the answer at quarterback. Bulger gives the Ravens another option, and the competition might bring out the best in Flacco. There are certain snap shots of things Flacco did this season which makes you wonder if he'll ever be a top-notch quarterback.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...lumn?track=rss
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts