Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #21
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034
Default Re: Is it Colbert's fault that we lost the Super Bowl?

We go too nuts with Linebackers. I dont get it.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

It's all The Chief's fault.
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #23
Velvet Elvis
Water Boy

Member Number: 18079

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
this is just flat out wrong and not even worth explaining why to somebody who believes its actually true.
I dont know what people consider good QB play ? Ben had 9 Td passes in 4 games against ClvD x2, Oak, and panthers. That leaves 8 more regular season games he had a total of 8 more. That's a 1 per game average over the other 8 games. For a player that make 100+ million that is terrible. Then you look at the entire playoffs, 4 TD passes and 4 INT's . Again if you think this is good or some say how great he played I'd like to know what you consider "bad play" ? The defense carried this team all year. No doubt about it. Ben barely did anything the entire year. People love to come up with all the excuses in the world for his bad play. Just face it he isnt getting any better, he getting worse. Ben here's an idea for next year. Join a YMCA and find a treadmill and weight room , come to camp in shape for once in your career. Looks like the guy never touched a weight in his life. Start being a professional football player instead of a professional jackass.
Velvet Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #24
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

yeah i blame Colbert... for getting us to the Super Bowl in the first place with his drafting. I bet there's at least 25 other teams that would like to have him draft for them.

He's alright...
Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #25
LegendSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17810

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerohio View Post
yeah i blame Colbert... for getting us to the Super Bowl in the first place with his drafting. I bet there's at least 25 other teams that would like to have him draft for them.

He's alright...
Seriously, some people are too spoiled.
LegendSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #26
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

I'm not sure being spoiled has anythign to do with this case, I think it's more of a case of people being nitpicky... things are good now... yeah the Steelers lost teh Super Bowl, but still, no one except the team itself and some of the fans, expected them to be there in the first place... Hell, it seemed everybody was rooting for the Ratbirds...
Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #27
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Adding 2 OLB's make sense if they don't think they can resign LWood. I'm not sure about Worilds yet, how could anyone be, but I do agree that CB and OLine was much more of a pressing need. In regards to the SB, our offense outscored GB 25-24. Just sayin...
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #28
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
I dont know what people consider good QB play ? Ben had 9 Td passes in 4 games against ClvD x2, Oak, and panthers. That leaves 8 more regular season games he had a total of 8 more. That's a 1 per game average over the other 8 games. For a player that make 100+ million that is terrible. Then you look at the entire playoffs, 4 TD passes and 4 INT's . Again if you think this is good or some say how great he played I'd like to know what you consider "bad play" ? The defense carried this team all year. No doubt about it. Ben barely did anything the entire year. People love to come up with all the excuses in the world for his bad play. Just face it he isnt getting any better, he getting worse. Ben here's an idea for next year. Join a YMCA and find a treadmill and weight room , come to camp in shape for once in your career. Looks like the guy never touched a weight in his life. Start being a professional football player instead of a professional jackass.
Let's disqualify 4 good games in for what for Ben was a 12 game regular season, because it's conveinent for your point? Let's start with the two Browns game that you want to dismiss. Were you aware that if you removed the two Steelers losses from the Browns record their total point differential on the season would have been -11? Money players in Vegas often use point differential to identify up and coming teams going into a season. Or another way to say it is that the Browns weren't nearly as bad as their record. The Browns were also good enough to best Tom Brady and the Patriots and Drew Brees and the Saints, so disqualifying those two games comes off as nothing more than an arbitrary standard by you. Same for the dismissal of the Raiders win. The Raiders were 8-8, they beat Phil Rivers and the Chargers twice, those two losses more than anything else are probably why the Chargers were home for the post season. But since Ben posted good numbers that game let's pretend it didn't happen because you say so. Yeah right. As far as the Panther game, every team plays a powder puff or two, in fact sometimes those can be the hardest games of all, because you end up playing down to your competition. Look at the year Drew Brees just completed against a pretty weak schedule, and you'll see he struggled considerably against some very poor teams. The fact is the Steelers needed and got the 4 wins that you want to dismiss Ben's performance in. That's not the way the league works.

Also just because Ben only threw 8 touchdowns in the other 8 games doesn't mean that his performance was below the bar or inadequete in those games. In fact in almost all of those games his performace was actually very good. Particuarly considering how the offensive line was struggling through a good portion of the season after Starks went down. It wasn't Ben's fault that numerous drives were stalled by one holding call after the other against the Bills and Bengals. That the running game struggled at times etc...

You think Ben is a liability, not worth his pay, and did little or nothing to help this team win. Bullshit! Go check out the Niners or Cardinals season and see how that played out. The Niners have good talent across the board, but their season went nowhere in a bad division because they were lousy behind center. Same with the Cardinals, no Kurt Warner, decent team becomes miserable team, Beanie Wells goes from potential start to putz overnight. Same with the Titans, best running back in the game possibly, but it got them nowhere because no one respected their passing game. Nine or ten men in the box nearly every down.

Speaking of which, I'm sure in your world, where everything Ben is bad, Ben deserves no credit for the win over the Jets in the AFC title game. It was all Mendenhall and the defense. Well guess what, after the game the Jets nearly to a man said the player that concerned them the most was Ben, that's why Mendenhall was able to run the ball so effectively all day.

Look I don't know what Ben did that you hate him so bad? Yeah we all know the accusations, but unless you were that girl in the bathroom you have no more idea what happened than I do that night. And we should all recognize the fact that the accusation wasn't even solid enough to cut mustard with a Grand Jury ( which isn't that high a bar to reach) so imo some presumption of innocence is owed the man.

If you have a personal story concerning Ben perhaps you should share it, at least then perhaps we might understand why you can't seperate the person from the player?

But as it stands now your assessment of Ben the football player comes off as ridiculously biased and completely lacking in credibility. .

Last edited by zulater; 02-20-2011 at 01:34 PM.
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote