Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #21
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Not many realistic ways to get Pouncey

How about the Steelers get a solid offensive line man and not a back up center because he happens to be the brother of our starting center? Or maybe a defensive back or defensive lineman.

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:16 AM   #22
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
even if butler is ready i think we should still draft a corner or 2. we could always use more depth, and if the opposing team goes 5 wide I don't want madison out there
I couldn't agree more. I believe we will take a CB, even if Butler is ready. Also need to re=sign Ike. All this being said, we aren't going to be able to get it all in one draft (to help the secondary) We are pretty good on D, and helping the OL will help our TEAM.
I still think our recent Super Bowl loss had more to do with an ineffective O than D. We left lots of points out there with turnovers.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #23
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
How about the Steelers get a solid offensive line man and not a back up center because he happens to be the brother of our starting center? Or maybe a defensive back or defensive lineman.
who is a back up center? Pouncey played Guard more then Center in college and can play and start at either in the NFL and more then likely play at a Pro Bowl level just like his twin. if we draft him he will immediatly be our starting right guard
Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,026 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
who is a back up center? Pouncey played Guard more then Center in college and can play and start at either in the NFL and more then likely play at a Pro Bowl level just like his twin. if we draft him he will immediatly be our starting right guard
I think Legursky did a decent job in the Super Bowl.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #25
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I personally don't want to take Pouncey. Guards are not valued as high in the draft. I would prefer to find a RT and move Colon to RG. Willie and his agent will never go for this as there is a lot more money on the table from other teams if he can sell himself as a tackle. I would prefer a starting lineup of LT- Starks, LG- Kemo, C- Pouncey, RG- Colon, RT- Adams. With Legursky, Foster, Scott as backups. Then draft Adams replacement at RT in this years draft. Hopefully he would be ready to play in 2012 as this would be Flozell's last year.

Never happen though. Willie will just not move over to guard. He'd be leaving too much future money on the table.
I don't understand that thinking though. There is a huge possibility that Pouncey is going to be a solid player for years to come. You would prefer to take a RT, nobody in particular but the supposed best one available when we pick. Could be a bust, who knows?

Why take that kind of chance when you have a potential clone of one of your existing Pro Bowl lineman?

"We need a RT, take that guy, he's available and might be good, we didn't scout him, but he's there".

I see that as more of a waste.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #26
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

yea i would take Pouncey over any tackel left at 31. we know Pouncey will be a pro bowler. we really need a new LT but no way would i pass on Pouncey
Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #27
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
yea i would take Pouncey over any tackel left at 31. we know Pouncey will be a pro bowler. we really need a new LT but no way would i pass on Pouncey
Maurkice was rated higher than Mike, which is why he left early and Mike stayed at Florida. I watch a handful of Florida games a year and it was obvious which brother was the better player. Mike is still a good player, but I wouldn't expect him to be pro bowl material just because of the performance of his twin brother.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote