Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #11
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts
Default Re: Hines Ward on Dancing with the Stars: 的知 in it to win it. I want to win that tr

Hines on the season premiere.

[YOUTUBE]_0Evt3Jo7aw[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. This is pretty much my first time watching this show.

Those are some creepy judges.

Yay for Franco with the towel!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 03-22-2011 at 07:46 AM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Hines Ward on Dancing with the Stars: 的知 in it to win it. I want to win that tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Hines on the season premiere.

[YOUTUBE]_0Evt3Jo7aw[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. This is pretty much my first time watching this show.

Those are some creepy judges.

Yay for Franco with the towel!
There should have been a flag thrown at 1:44. That was clearly hitting a defenseless dancer.

Hines looked like he had a ball out there. Good for him.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Once upon a time I did competitive ball room dancing and cha cha was, and still is, my favorite. Hines is not bad but I do agree with the judges. He's not smooth enough. He is too stiff in the hips and his footwork was off. His posture was badly off as well. You have to be on the balls of your feet and he leaned forward far to much which threw off his balance and made him clumsy. He was also understandably nervous and it showed particularly when he was not dancing close to his partner. Most importantly, in ballroom dance the man leads, and the woman follows. Hines wasn't leading.

If you really want to see how it should be done watch a real dance sport competition on your local PBS station. If you can catch the world championship or you can check this out.

mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

So what you want me to do is take my eyes off the hot chics and look at the flaming men....uhhhhh....
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
Check out this past week's routine:

Hines did a very nice job. Unlike last week he was actually leading some of the time and his posture was excellent. He was also very light on his feet and traveled well which is essential for dancing the quickstep.

Hines seems more comfortable as a Ballroom dancer rather than a Latin dancer. Quickstep is International Ballroom dance in the same category as the Foxtrot while Cha-Cha is Latin dance. Quickstep is a tough dance to do well but Hines carried it off nicely.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Times guest blogger Hines Ward discusses Week 2 on 'Dancing With the Stars'
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...the-stars.html
March 30, 2011 | 11:39 am

Hw The Times is pleased to have Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward guest-blogging for us while he competes on "Dancing With the Stars." Every Wednesday, Ward, a Super Bowl MVP and two-time Super Bowl champion, will answer a few questions from Fabulous Forum editor Houston Mitchell and give some insight into the competition. Here are Ward’s thoughts about Week 2, which he offered via email.

Q: This week was the first elimination week. Give people at home a sense of what it is like to be standing on that stage waiting to find out if you are safe or in jeopardy.

It's nerve-wracking. I didn't think it would be that bad, but when those lights dim and that serious music comes on, you are just hoping your name is not called as being the one with the lowest score. I was fortunate enough this time to continue on and it's a good feeling. I really want to go all the way to the end and win this thing.

Q: Are any of your teammates giving you a hard time (good-naturedly) about appearing on the show?

Of course. At first I got a bunch of texts from my teammates teasing me about being on a dancing show. And I was worried about having to wear costumes that are too tight and too colorful and all because I try to be very fashion conscious. But I think I earned their respect after these first two performances and fortunately was able to wear outfits that weren't too off the wall. I owe a lot to my partner, Kym. She is a great coach and choreographer. My first week I had Franco Harris, Mel Blount and Jerome Bettis at the show. This week my teammate Rashard Mendenhall came. And so far they all thought I did pretty well so I guess they don't think my dancing is that bad.

Q: If you win the Mirror Ball trophy, will you consider this as the seventh Super Bowl trophy for Steeler Nation?

I really don't think you can compare the Mirror Ball trophy to the Lombardi because they both stand for two totally different things. But I am going to try to win the Mirror Ball trophy just as hard as I would the Lombardi. I feel bad that we couldn't bring our third Super Bowl championship back to the city of Pittsburgh so I really want to bring our fans back their first Mirror Ball trophy and represent the Steel City well. I want to become the first active NFL player to win it and make all of Steeler Nation proud.

Q: Should DWTS have a special "Football Edition" and bring back all the NFL players and compete for the Mirror Ball? And who would win?

I would love to see an all NFL edition of players on DWTS. To compete against Emmitt [Smith], Jerry Rice, Jason Taylor, Chad [Ocho Cinco] and big Warren Sapp would be an honor. As far as who will win, I guess we'll have to wait and see if or when it happens. Right now, I am just concentrating on trying to win this season's competition. It's not gonna be easy. There are a lot of great competitors as you can tell by these first two performances.

Besides being a Super Bowl MVP, Hines Ward is the founder of the Hines Ward Helping Hands Foundation, which focuses on improving literacy among children and provides programs and services to better equip them for achieving and handling success in life.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #18
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

If you missed it or just want to see it again, check out Hines and Kym here:

FIRST 9 OF THE SEASON!!!!!!
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #19
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,279 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
If you missed it or just want to see it again, check out Hines and Kym here:

FIRST 9 OF THE SEASON!!!!!!
Here ya go.

[YOUTUBE]jQEBiVxve0U[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry but I didn't hardly see Hines in that video.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Kym Johnson’s DWTS Diary: Riding High With a Big Tie!
April 5th, 2011 4:22 pm / Author: OK! Staff
http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/04/ky...ith-a-big-tie/

Hi, everyone, and welcome to my OK! blog! Every week, I’ll be sharing with you all the behind the scenes stories as I train NFL wide receiver Hines Ward for this season’s Dancing With the Stars, trying to make the Pittsburgh Steelers pro look as cool in the ballroom as he does on football field for season 12!

Hey guys! What a week this has been already!

Doing so great, like with our tie last night, has been great for Hines and his confidence! Especially last night because it was personal stories and it meant so much to him — to have his mom and his son in the audience, it was a really great feeling. The audience was with us from the get-go so that was just amazing. (Kym is feeling the power of the mighty Steeler Nation! - mesa)

OK! EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: BEHIND THE SCENES AT DANCING WITH THE STARS

We were having so much fun! It was just a great night with everybody. Everyone’s got a story to tell and it was a really sweet, emotional night. All the celebrities put their heart and souls out there by telling their stories, and each dance meant so much to everybody. It was a beautiful night.

We have a busy week coming up! We have to go to Pittsburgh tonight because Hines is getting an award, and then he’s talking at The Mel Blount Youth Home All-Star Celebrity Roast, which honors former Steelers player, Jerome Bettis. So we’re going back for that and I have to go and train him so we’ll work during the day. He goes to these two events then I’ll fly back really early Saturday morning. This is going to be a tough week for us with all the travel! The producers will find a local dance studio so we’ll go there during the day and work all day long.

OK! VIDEO: WATCH HINES WARD & KYM JOHNSON DELIVER A SEXY SAMBA ON DANCING WITH THE STARS!

I’m really excited to go to Pittsburgh because Hines has told me so much about Pittsburgh, and from what I’ve seen of the Steeler Nation fans, they’ve been so support of us so it’ll be really nice to go back there. I’m sure Hines will show me around the city which I’m really excited about. I want to get one of his football jerseys to wear! (Well dressed like that she will fit right into the burgh!. - mesa)

With Hines being an athlete he has the best mentality for this competition, because he treats it like a football game. It’s play by play and now that this this one’s gone, it’s next week. He never rests on his laurels. He’s never like, “Okay, I did great last week, I’ll take it easy next week.” No way, he works just as hard every single week. He will be working even harder this week because it’s a new dance — he did really well on the samaba and he wants to be consistent or even do better every week. If there’s one thing Hines does is works very hard.

We have to take the redeye out tonight — we’re going to Pittsburgh just hoping we get through! We’ll do the show, I’m going to race home, walk my dog and say goodbye to her, and then we’ll head out to the airport, take the redeye and go straight to rehearsal. It will be exhausting, but that’s okay! I just hope we can get through and we end up going to Pittsburgh.

We all end up having a lot of fun together before the show, but because we’ve got such a stressful week coming up, I’ll start working on our next dance just hoping we get through, just so I’m prepared. I’ll probably spend most of today in my trailer choreographing our next dance.

Fingers crossed and thanks for all the support!

Kym