Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,145 Times in 475 Posts
Default Re: Wow, Steelers at Ravens week one

Wasting no time. Talk about go-time right off the bat? The winner of this should have monumental lee-way for most of the season while the loser will play catch up . Talk about a welcoming to the NFL 2011 season? Wow, hopefully Ben's dominance against Balty will continue and I assure Balty fans: BEN WILL BE THERE!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,145 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens. And maybe the Ravens picked up some pointers from the Super Bowl too.
Their not going to "lose" their first one so much and are "prepared" to face us so bad that Balty requested to NOT play us on a national stage! Yep, that sounds like a franchise scared to death if you ask me. It WILL be a great opener nonetheless . A treat for all NFL fans.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #13
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Their not going to "lose" their first one so much and are "prepared" to face us so bad that Balty requested to NOT play us on a national stage! Yep, that sounds like a franchise scared to death if you ask me. It WILL be a great opener nonetheless . A treat for all NFL fans.
U read my mind Stainless......Yo Bobby wasnt it the Ravens that cried they didnt want to play the Steelers in a big night game last season.....U sure your not related to Harbough!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
U read my mind Stainless......Yo Bobby wasnt it the Ravens that cried they didnt want to play the Steelers in a big night game last season.....U sure your not related to Harbough!
The NFL honored Baltimore's request to not play night games in Pittsburgh for the last 2 seasons, but they gave them the middle finger this year and told them to shut up and get their pansy asses to Heinz Field the night of November 6th.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
pancake
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Goofy

I should have figured little Bobby would be back. Lol
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #16
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Huge game for the Ravens to open the season - with the post-season dissension within the Ravens after the second half collapse in the playogff game, losing to the Steelers again to open the season would be devastating.

Agreed the Ravens probably picked up some pointers from the Green Bay-Steelers Super Bowl. The way to beat the Steelers is to have a QB who can make the throws under pressure. But the Ravens already knew that from watching Brees and Brady beat Pittsburgh.

Of course the Ravens do not have that type of QB - they have Flacco. May explain why they fired their QB coach and are not giving Flacco the contract extension he is whining about.
I disagree that losing the first game of the season would be "devastating" to the Ravens
Sure it would be painful but being 0-1 would not be that hard to come back from.

Remember the Ravens beat the Steelers at Heinz field last year with Flacco leading the team to a dramatic last minute game winning TD. So even if the Ravens lost at home they could come back and even the score on the road.

Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year. And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

And I believe that if the Ravens had made it to the Super Bowl and were down by six points with two minutes to go, Joe would not have failed. I think he would have led the Ravens to the winning TD in that situation if he had been handed the ball with the chance to win it all. Especially against a depleted Packers secondary. Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory. (He did the same thing later in Atlanta, a last minute TD drive. but the team got ripped off on a subsequent uncalled offensive pass interference call against Atlanta at the end of the game)

At this point we don't even know if the game will be played but it if is I think the Ravens will be 1-0 after week one.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:

Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year.
They can put that on his plaque when Flacco is inducted into Canton

Quote:
Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory.

Too bad for the Ravens the season did not end when the Steelers without Roethlisberger lost to the Ravens in that game in week 4

After he turned that corner, Flacco coughed up the ball on the Polamalu strip when all he had to do was run clock & punt, then failed to bring the Ravens back after the Steelers took the lead in Baltimore in December, notably short hopping the ball to a wide open receiver in the left flat that would have kept the Ravens last drive alive. That loss screwed the Ravens chance fro a playoff home game.

Then he wet the bed in the second half of the playoff loss at Heinz as a key contributor in the Ravens team effort to cough up a 21-7 halftime lead.

Ask any unbiased fan in the league who they would want as their QB if asked to choose between Roethlisberger and Flacco - we both know the answer to that question.

The difference at QB is why the Steelers have not lost to the Ravens when Roethlisberger plays since 2006.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Relaxed

IMHO, this game should be on Sunday Night Football! As a main header!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #19
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Yeah Joe hasn't beaten Ben. That will mean little next year. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. Several of Rothlisbergers wins over Flacco were very close and controversial games. And Ben hadn't lost a Super Bowl until last year either.

Oh and discounting the Ravens win at Pittsburgh because Ben wasn't playing is pretty weak. The Steelers scored more points without Ben in Pittsburgh than they did with him in Baltimore. Also Ben wasn't playing defense, the Steelers had the lead but their defense failed to stop Flacco in the closing seconds of the game in Pittsburgh, that is why they lost.

They are both good QB's but I don't see that much of a gap between them. There is more of a gap between those two and Rodgers.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #20
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Yeah Joe hasn't beaten Ben. That will mean little next year. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. Several of Rothlisbergers wins over Flacco were very close and controversial games. And Ben hadn't lost a Super Bowl until last year either.

Oh and discounting the Ravens win at Pittsburgh because Ben wasn't playing is pretty weak. The Steelers scored more points without Ben in Pittsburgh than they did with him in Baltimore. Also Ben wasn't playing defense, the Steelers had the lead but their defense failed to stop Flacco in the closing seconds of the game in Pittsburgh, that is why they lost.

They are both good QB's but I don't see that much of a gap between them. There is more of a gap between those two and Rodgers.
Oh the Irony of you saying that. I believe you Baltimore fans know a little thing or two about not giving credit, where credits due.