Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: Wow, Steelers at Ravens week one

Looks like the idiot troll is back. Joy.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
They are both good QB's but I don't see that much of a gap between them. There is more of a gap between those two and Rodgers.
Assuming you exclude minor measures of career success such as Super Bowl appearances and wins
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #23
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,539 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.
I think you are being a little overdramatic. Ben is getting married in July. If by chance, according to you, there has been "damage" to his psyche, just think what the and support of his new wife will do for him. PSYCH!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #24
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
I disagree that losing the first game of the season would be "devastating" to the Ravens
Sure it would be painful but being 0-1 would not be that hard to come back from.

Remember the Ravens beat the Steelers at Heinz field last year with Flacco leading the team to a dramatic last minute game winning TD. So even if the Ravens lost at home they could come back and even the score on the road.

Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year. And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

And I believe that if the Ravens had made it to the Super Bowl and were down by six points with two minutes to go, Joe would not have failed. I think he would have led the Ravens to the winning TD in that situation if he had been handed the ball with the chance to win it all. Especially against a depleted Packers secondary. Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory. (He did the same thing later in Atlanta, a last minute TD drive. but the team got ripped off on a subsequent uncalled offensive pass interference call against Atlanta at the end of the game)

At this point we don't even know if the game will be played but it if is I think the Ravens will be 1-0 after week one.
Weak would be your countless excuses for your teams loses and your numerous reason that they will win in the future. Your beginning to be like my brother in law with your prediction of a win every time against Pittsburgh and it not happening very often. With the Browns he picks them every time and he's right about 1 out of 12 times. I suspect you will pick them every time and will likely be right about 1 out of 3 times. That's been the case thus far and I don't see it changing much.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631

Quote:
And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.
You would think a motorcycle accident would have traumatic effects too, but he still finds a way to kick your team's ass every year.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #26
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg24 View Post
You would think a motorcycle accident would have traumatic effects too, but he still finds a way to kick your team's ass every year.
WOW, I really like how you said that. Pwnage and Ownage!!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #27
ggoldman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14758

I think James Harrison is gonna get another sack where he makes Flacco run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Bobby Jr...can we have an unbiased opinion from you for once...everytime we play the ravens you ALWAYS say they are gonna win but it hardly ever pans out when it counts. Give me some substance behind your thinking and I will pay a little more attention to you!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #29
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 View Post
Bobby Jr...can we have an unbiased opinion from you for once...everytime we play the ravens you ALWAYS say they are gonna win but it hardly ever pans out when it counts. Give me some substance behind your thinking and I will pay a little more attention to you!
Aaah, and therein lies the rub. You won't find much of anything resembling substance or thinking in booby jr.'s posts.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #30
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler4life1972 View Post
I disagree that my predictions don't come true. I predicted the Ravens would beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh in the first game last year and that came true. I predicted the Packers would beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl last year, and that certainly was a game which counts.

Let's face it most of these Steelers Ravens games in recent years have been very close games which could have gone either way. The Steelers have usually won, but at least some of this can be attributed to Lady Luck. Close NFL games can go either way, one play or one bad call can make the difference.

In my opinion, there is more upside to the Ravens this year than the Steelers. Historically, the team which loses the Super Bowl has a tough time the following year, and sometimes for a long time after that. And the way the Steelers lost has to be especially troubling, having a chance to win with a two minute offense against a depleted Green Bay defense, and not crossing midfield.

Also while the Ravens have some age, the Steelers have the oldest D in the NFL.
I also believe the Ravens have a head coach advantage. All in all, I think the odds are the Ravens will finish ahead of the Steelers this season (if there is one).

Anyway time for me to go and root on my Orioles against the Yankees. Time enough for this Steelers-Ravens debate in the fall.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote