Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479
Default Re: Cold Hard Football Facts - Steelers Need Left Guard

I think it is so funny that we are talking about a whole at LG when the right side has been the worst part of our line for the last few years.

The right side averaged more sacks allowed and penalties per game than the left side the last two years. Flozell was a huge upgrade from Willie Colon who at best in an average lineman but that didn't cure the problems.

Kemoeatu's biggest issue is his pass blocking but for most of the season with Pouncey (who is an amazing pass blocker) that weakness was somewhat dealt with. The Steelers should really invest in a right guard, maybe not in the first round...depending who is left at 31 bu there should be tons of talent in the second round.

The Steelers always take the best available so it is not a shocker that they might not take a G in the first round but this draft is full of guys able to play the RG position. With a solid right guard and a good cornerback we will be Super Bowl XLVI bound.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
55BaileyFan
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I'm a fan of Kemo after he took less money to stay with the team. But, I thought he had a poor season last year. And not because of the Super Bowl. I was at the game and have yet to watch the DVR of it because I'm just not ready to do so. I was still under the impression that the guy who made the tip was Legursky's guy.
The other thing about Kemo is he let his temper cost and almost cost his team a couple of times in big situations. That's a mental mistake and can't happen.
It was Legursky's man and Kemo did really screw up with his temper but Keyaron Fox made another huge screw up in this game with the personal foul of the KR, it is funny that he also had stupid penalty in Super Bowl XLIII.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
It was Legursky's man and Kemo did really screw up with his temper but Keyaron Fox made another huge screw up in this game with the personal foul of the KR, it is funny that he also had stupid penalty in Super Bowl XLIII.
What play are you talking about, or better yet what game were you watching? It was most definetely Kemo who got beat on the pressure that caused the pick 6 in SB XLV.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #14
55BaileyFan
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
What play are you talking about, or better yet what game were you watching? It was most definetely Kemo who got beat on the pressure that caused the pick 6 in SB XLV.
A) That is not the play I was talking about the play in question was later in the game.

B) Ben had released the ball before the defensive lineman got to him and the contact was made after the throw and not during the throw. Ben himself acknowledged that he UNDER THREW Wallace and told the NFL Network that there was no excuse for EVER under throwing Mike Wallace.

Why does every Steeler fan defend Ben for everything? He can't do anything wrong to people. He throws two interceptions and we blame it on his line? Did anybody else notice that the pick was thrown into double coverage? Or that Nick Collins read it perfectly because Ben never took his eyes off Wallace.

I like Ben and I don't think we get this far without him but still. In multiple interviews he said that the picks were his fault and when his line was brought up he said it was not their fault. He also said that he should have paid attention more especially on the second pick.

So, before you want to insult someone about a play or watching a game...get on youtube and watch it over and over again before you post and make sure that you are looking at every aspect. The lineman may have got to him but Ben still had the chance to get the ball out.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
A) B) Ben had released the ball before the defensive lineman got to him and the contact was made after the throw and not during the throw. Ben himself acknowledged that he UNDER THREW Wallace and told the NFL Network that there was no excuse for EVER under throwing Mike Wallace.
So, before you want to insult someone about a play or watching a game...get on youtube and watch it over and over again before you post and make sure that you are looking at every aspect. The lineman may have got to him but Ben still had the chance to get the ball out.
I have watched that play about 100 times now. Kemo got man-handled by Howard Green and Green got his hand in Ben's face hitting his shoulder before the ball was released. That being said, a split second before, Ben did a pump-fake in that same direction. If Ben throws instead of a pump fake, that's a touchdown for the Steelers. Bad play by both Ben and Kemo.
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #16
55BaileyFan
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
I have watched that play about 100 times now. Kemo got man-handled by Howard Green and Green got his hand in Ben's face hitting his shoulder before the ball was released. That being said, a split second before, Ben did a pump-fake in that same direction. If Ben throws instead of a pump fake, that's a touchdown for the Steelers. Bad play by both Ben and Kemo.
For real? Ben himself during an NFL Network interview said the hit had nothing to do with the throw. He also said in the interview that he under threw Wallace and that should never happen, EVER.

I am not doubting that Kemo got beat off the line, but it had nothing to do with the interception. Nick Collins read the play perfectly and cut the pass off at the perfect time. The ball was still off target, it was to the outside like it needed to be but it was about ten years too short.

Either way the game is over. Kemo got beat. The ball was off. The end.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #17
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
A) That is not the play I was talking about the play in question was later in the game.

B) Ben had released the ball before the defensive lineman got to him and the contact was made after the throw and not during the throw. Ben himself acknowledged that he UNDER THREW Wallace and told the NFL Network that there was no excuse for EVER under throwing Mike Wallace.

Why does every Steeler fan defend Ben for everything? He can't do anything wrong to people. He throws two interceptions and we blame it on his line? Did anybody else notice that the pick was thrown into double coverage? Or that Nick Collins read it perfectly because Ben never took his eyes off Wallace.

I like Ben and I don't think we get this far without him but still. In multiple interviews he said that the picks were his fault and when his line was brought up he said it was not their fault. He also said that he should have paid attention more especially on the second pick.

What a load of bullshit and misdirection. Is it really worth addressing such nonsense? .
Old 04-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
That's quite fair.

Not to you Borna but to someone else. No one here is trying to place false blame or absolve anyone for anything. At this point what does it really matter? The play and game are long over, and pointing out aspects of why a play failed are simply that, and nothing deeper or sinister need be inferred.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #19
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
This article sucks.....The DL made a play......Kemo is a road grader and is gonna be the guard for 8 more years at least.....Who comes up with this crap.......Thats like saying Randy White sucks cuase he got blocked by Mike Webster in the Super Bowl..
Meanwhile Randy WHite Is a hof er.........

I wont stand for this terrible crap......Kemo is one of the best guards in the league......

what...lol? kemo is not one of the best guards in the NFL. he commits too many mental errors to be considered one the best in the NFL. kemo is a big, dumb ox. an ox who gets pushed around too much for his so-called size and strength.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #20
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
For real? Ben himself during an NFL Network interview said the hit had nothing to do with the throw. He also said in the interview that he under threw Wallace and that should never happen, EVER.

I am not doubting that Kemo got beat off the line, but it had nothing to do with the interception. Nick Collins read the play perfectly and cut the pass off at the perfect time. The ball was still off target, it was to the outside like it needed to be but it was about ten years too short.

Either way the game is over. Kemo got beat. The ball was off. The end.
Ben showed a true measure of class by saying that. He took all the blame on himself and showed a huge growth in his maturity by being as humble as he was after that loss. I am certainly not placing any blame, but we definitely need some help on the O-line.

I personally believe a FB wouldn't hurt either. Someone to stay back and move in for a block from time to time or give a better lead block for a RB. Pulling a lineman and a TE doesn't always work that well.
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote