Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #21
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Cold Hard Football Facts - Steelers Need Left Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
This article sucks.....The DL made a play......Kemo is a road grader and is gonna be the guard for 8 more years at least.....Who comes up with this crap.......Thats like saying Randy White sucks cuase he got blocked by Mike Webster in the Super Bowl..
Meanwhile Randy WHite Is a hof er.........

I wont stand for this terrible crap......Kemo is one of the best guards in the league......

Kemo is a fat, stubborn turd who is horrid in pass protection. You saying he's on of the best guards in the league makes me vomit. He can pull pretty good in run support but that's it. Other than that, he's just a big fat guy who takes up space. I can name about 26 guards who are better than him in the NFL.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #22
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
For real? Ben himself during an NFL Network interview said the hit had nothing to do with the throw. He also said in the interview that he under threw Wallace and that should never happen, EVER.

I am not doubting that Kemo got beat off the line, but it had nothing to do with the interception. Nick Collins read the play perfectly and cut the pass off at the perfect time. The ball was still off target, it was to the outside like it needed to be but it was about ten years too short.

Either way the game is over. Kemo got beat. The ball was off. The end.
Mike Tomlin asked Ben "what happened?" shortly after the interception. Ben responded "my arm got hit." He even makes the motion with his hand when he's on the sideline.

Ben is known for covering from his offensive line's mistakes. That was certainly the case. Saying there's "no excuse for underthrowing Wallace" is a bunch of bullshit. He's the fastest or 2nd fastest receiver in the league. Of course there's an excuse for underthrowing him and he does it often.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #23
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Mike Tomlin asked Ben "what happened?" shortly after the interception. Ben responded "my arm got hit." He even makes the motion with his hand when he's on the sideline.

Ben is known for covering from his offensive line's mistakes. That was certainly the case. Saying there's "no excuse for underthrowing Wallace" is a bunch of bullshit. He's the fastest or 2nd fastest receiver in the league. Of course there's an excuse for underthrowing him and he does it often.
In your opinion there is an excuse for underthrowing him. Ben has said multiple times that there is no excuse and the ball should be there. So, am I gonna take your word that there is an excuse or the QB who says that there isn't?

I'm going with the QB on this one.

Why is everyone so down on Kemo anyway? Until Pouncey he has been one of our better lineman. He has his issues on pass blocking but Pouncey has really helped with that. Max Starks has gotten a lot better as well but the right side of the line has always been an issue with our team.

We start with what lineman we need to draft and somehow get to a Kemo bashing fest with everyone who has watched the Super Bowl a million times. The thing with opinions is everyone has one.

Let me try to end this again, and get back to the subject at hand. Kemo screwed up. Ben threw a crappy ball. We lost. The end.

Back to the draft...I am a huge fan of Mike Pouncey (how awesome would that be?) but I feel that we could grab Nate Solder or Danny Watkins. I think Danny will be there in the second round but Nate might go before we draft.

Does anyone think that we will not take a lineman though? There are no real standout CB that will be there in the late second round. What do you all think?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #24
55BaileyFan
Starter

Quote:
Kemo is a fat, stubborn turd who is horrid in pass protection. You saying he's on of the best guards in the league makes me vomit. He can pull pretty good in run support but that's it. Other than that, he's just a big fat guy who takes up space. I can name about 26 guards who are better than him in the NFL.
I would love to hear the 26 guards.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #25
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

I was way highher on Kemo last offseason than I am this offseason. Like others have mentioned, he can be a beast when pulling but getting beat in pass protection and losing his temper and drawing stupid penalties outshadowed his positives this year.

I don't think LG is the biggest priority on the o-line though. Kemo is far more stable than the revolving door we have at RG (Foster was actually okay, but his legursky and essex aren't permanent solutions) and then we need some help at tackle. We don't have enough luxury of depth at either slot to dismiss Kemo right now, in my personal view.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
55BaileyFan
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
I was way highher on Kemo last offseason than I am this offseason. Like others have mentioned, he can be a beast when pulling but getting beat in pass protection and losing his temper and drawing stupid penalties outshadowed his positives this year.

I don't think LG is the biggest priority on the o-line though. Kemo is far more stable than the revolving door we have at RG (Foster was actually okay, but his legursky and essex aren't permanent solutions) and then we need some help at tackle. We don't have enough luxury of depth at either slot to dismiss Kemo right now, in my personal view.
I agree, I think at some point later we could upgrade from Kemo but I think right now that right side needs attention, we really need a corner and some young guns on the defensive line so when our big boys retire we have someone to step in. That is how Keisel got his job and I think we can build towards that as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #27
DanRooney
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BaileyFan View Post
I would love to hear the 26 guards.
1. Steve Hutchinson
2. Jahri Evans
3. Shawn Andrews
4. Logan Mankins
5. Leonard Davis
6. Davin Joseph
7. Ben Grubbs
8. Arron Sears
9. Eric Steinbach
10. Brian Waters
11. Chris Snee
12. Carl Nicks
13. Kris Dielman
14. Justin Blalock
15. Justin Smiley
16. Chris Kuper
17. Stephen Neal

Got about 17 and this is just off the top of my head.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

First on all, LG is _not_ our biggest concern. Kemo is a fat, talent-limited OG, who
really can suck ass in pass protection; that much is true. But he is hardly our biggest
weakness and it's unlikely he will be losing his starting job any time soon. I would say
you can count on him being there through his current contract, period. Our LT spot
is below average, even with Starks playing. He has super slow feet. LT is the most
vital spot on the OL. LG is so so. Center is solid for a decade. RG.....who the F is our
starting RG right now? RT is fairly solid with Hotel for another year. Then we got a bunch
of loose parts with Essex, Foster, et al.

As far as Kemo being fat, who on our OL isn't fat except for Pouncy? Pgh puts an
emphasis on our OL being really BIG at the expense of it being athletic. I am not
sure I agree with that philosophy, to be honest. We end up with bunch of blobs
with giant guts, who huff and puff too much as the game goes on. I don't know
whose decision it was to go with fat guys. You don't expect any OLmen to be thin,
obviously. But guts that huge, like Colon, etc? I can't imagine that is the best way
to go.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #29
55BaileyFan
Starter

Quote:
1. Steve Hutchinson
2. Jahri Evans
3. Shawn Andrews
4. Logan Mankins
5. Leonard Davis
6. Davin Joseph
7. Ben Grubbs
8. Arron Sears
9. Eric Steinbach
10. Brian Waters
11. Chris Snee
12. Carl Nicks
13. Kris Dielman
14. Justin Blalock
15. Justin Smiley
16. Chris Kuper
17. Stephen Neal

Got about 17 and this is just off the top of my head.
Kuper, Nicks, Neal, Sears, Davis ARE huge stretches. Smiley is even keel, not any better. Blalock is arguable. I only see about ten people who are head over heels better than Kemo.

I have not seen Chris ranked worse than 20th from any reputable source. You can keep your opinion about him he isn't going anywhere.