Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #81
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,422 Times in 922 Posts
Default Re: Chance we can land a top CB prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
I'll debate what the Steelers FO does. Everybody said our weak link was DB and all we heard was denial from LeBeau and Tomlin.

Guess what? We got bombed for the last two years by our inept DB's and DB coaching. We haven't developed a DB SINCE COWHER. TOMLIN HAS NOT DEVELOPED A DB. We are still using Cowhers....

I'll take a wild guess. We'll do well during the Regular season then get bombed when we have to play a good passing team like the Pats, etc.

Llama
Or maybe they didn't want to waste a pick on players they thought were not ready.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #82
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Scouting report on heyward:

Cameron Heyward is a very underrated player in my book, he possesses all the skills needed to be a very effective 5 technique in a 3-4, and possesses the skills at a high level. He has the ideal size, he has great overall strength, and uses his hands very well which makes him great against the run. And also has the explosion, quickness, and once again, violent hand use, to get into the backfield and mess things up. I think people were expecting him to be more of a sack artist, but he just isn't that guy. He reminds me a lot of Richard Seymour, someone who stops the run first, but also is an effective penetrator. Heyward would be best suited in a 3-4 at the 5 Technique, but also could be effective in a 4-3 as a 3 technique where he could use his athleticism to shoot the gap and make plays, though he would have to bulk up a little bit to make that switch. Heyward I think will be a steal somewhere late in round 1.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #83
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Or maybe Heyward can cover the TE or SLOT because...

Because Green Bay is still ****ing throwing on us.... but I guess we'll love getting bombed this year and then lose to a Rodgers/Brady/New Orleans...

Because we know they what they will do... line up four and watch the our clowns give up 10 yards a clip.

Llama

Yeah, I'm sure CB's 3-10 will not start or do well in the NFL.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #84
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

I would have wanted a corner too but I look at this way, other than Hood, we really didn't have a lot of youth/depth on the D-Line. Heyward will allow us to get more pressure on the QB too. I think they'll pick two of nose tackle, corner, or offensive line tomorrow.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #85
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Or maybe Heyward can cover the TE or SLOT because...

Because Green Bay is still ****ing throwing on us.... but I guess we'll love getting bombed this year and then lose to a Rodgers/Brady/New Orleans...

Because we know they what they will do... line up four and watch the our clowns give up 10 yards a clip.

Llama

Yeah, I'm sure CB's 3-10 will not start or do well in the NFL.
If your mad about it, how about you get your lazy ass up become a scout for the Steelers and fix our problems for us. No? Then deal with it. We still 6 other picks and I really like Davon House and Chimidi Chekwa. Both are really physical.

Still on the board which are good:
Aaron Williams
Brandon Harris
Ras I Dowling
Davon House
Shareece Wright
Curtis Brown
Chimidi Chekwa

They might also like Butler to fill in as a starter. And they might have a deal worked out with Ike, just waiting till FA starts.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #86
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

you would have rather reached for a OT or CB, you people are pathetic........Heyward is pretty close to a sure-thing....experienced and good player...Beyond Peterson, Akumara, and Smith there werent any "elite" corners......I think Ras I Dowling could be a steal
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #87
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

You are obviously mad about it brah.

Like I said, watch us get bombed again and like it. You guys act like it is rocket science. How did we lose the last two years? .... I'm pretty sure you remember how we the lost...

Reach for a CB? I don't think our DB coaches/scouts have a clue that is why we can't draft them. Sure we'll get one tomorrow who can not crack the practice squad! Awesome.

I think you are mad because you know what's going to happen or do you want to watch the SB again?

Llama
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #88
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Maurkice Pouncey
Evander Hood
Rashard Mendenhall
Lawrence Timmons
Santonio Holmes
Heath Miller
Ben Roethlisberger
Troy Polamalu
Kendall Simmons
Casey Hampton
Plaxico Burress

and you guys still bash the Steelers 1st round pick decisions? please.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #89
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,915 Times in 776 Posts

It starts in the trenches of the d-line. Pressure. Fact of the matter is, the Steelers are VERY old on the defensive line AND are all over 30 even in our depth. This years corner draft is very average, so we could get a value pick at #2 or #3 at the corner position and stride right along.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #90
SH-Rock
Living Legend

It's amazing how you consider yourself a Steeler fan, but lose hope when something doesn't go your way. We have the oldest defense in the league and our D-Line is banged up. Smith can't play a whole season, Kiesel is getting up there in age as well. True they didn't need a DE as a first round pick, but like I said before, the CB that were left are pretty average. And even if we drafted one, he would only play in the 2012-2013 season not this season.