Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #91
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213
Default Re: Chance we can land a top CB prospect?

I guess I should be happy that we didn't have to draft any of those garbage QB's. They will all be huge busts... maybe Gabbert has a chance but Locker at #8?

Anyway, all those CB's won't even get a chance. 2 Years ago EVERYONE said we couldn't defend pass... we didn't.

Last year we couldn't defend the PASS and luckily we didn't have to play Brady in playoffs then we got mauled by Rodgers. We also don't have very accurate/clutch QB's in our division.

I guess we'll at least get to see the master DB coach Tomlin work his magic.

Llama
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #92
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

It's amazing how you think a DE will cover the SLOT?

We have Bryan't "10 yards a catch" McFadden as our primary option. He has been hot garbage for 2 years? Add up those Arizona stats... he' s giving out free candy in our backfield.
Ike won't sign... somebody will offer him batshit crazy money.
C. Butler can't even find his helmet.
Who else? Exactly, we have -depth at CB.

Two years running we've been gashed by passing teams and Tomlin sticks his head in the sand. Oh yeah, Ben can bail them out... you can only hit that well so many times.

BTW, instead of calling me names because your so mad or telling me how we are going to kick ass because we are the Steelers.

Please tell me how you think we'll cover 4-Wide? Pressure, yeah that's right, that PRESSURE that Brady and Rodgers felt by DESTROYING us in 2 Q's and then coasting for the next two.

Once again, just show me a logical way we'll actually stop a pass? Didn't think so but we'll beat up Cleveland and Cincy! Sweet!

Llama
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #93
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

Like I said before, even if we did draft a corner, the player wouldn't start this year. Also where did you get the impression that "Butler can't find his helmet". The only CB that would start in Dick Lebeau's defense is Patrick Peterson in this draft, unless someone gets injured.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #94
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Exactly, my point-

You're not exactly a master debater. You are proving my point!

WE HAVE NO ONE IN THE BACKFIELD.

So, Cam will come in and STOP THE RUN? Nobody runs on us? They just pass because it's the easiest way to stomp us.

Clark can't cover.
Superman can't cover 4 guys
Ike will be gone.
And as you said "No CB" can just step into this vaunted Defense. A vaunted DEFENSE that hasn't stopped the pass in TWO YEARS. Sure we can pile it on Cincy, Clev, and we'll beat BALT / JETS because they don't have an accurate QB.

I'll go back to my original point. We'll still get bombed by the Pats, NO, Green Bay's. We don't adjust AND we have no CB's

Llama
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #95
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

So our system is so awesome that no CB can grasp the complexity of giving up 10 yards a pass.

Then you add to it that we don't sign FA's.

I'll go out on a limb, our RUN D will be awesome. Our PASS D will be shit.

We'll get to the Playoffs then get bombed by a passing attack we KNEW they would do but won't adjust and won't draft anything to counter it.

Does that sound familiar?

llama
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #96
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
So our system is so awesome that no CB can grasp the complexity of giving up 10 yards a pass.

Then you add to it that we don't sign FA's.

I'll go out on a limb, our RUN D will be awesome. Our PASS D will be shit.

We'll get to the Playoffs then get bombed by a passing attack we KNEW they would do but won't adjust and won't draft anything to counter it.

Does that sound familiar?

llama

CRAP! I guess there's no reason to watch the next season now! Way to ruin it for everyone, llama.

I guess I'll just take up basket weaving or something.

Buddha

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #97
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

I'm okay with Heyward, all the good Olinemen were gone and while I would have prefered a CB I see why we may have chosen him, but we NEED to secure a good CB tomorrow. I'm personally hoping we go after Ras-I Dowling, I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot of the rest of our draft to get him. Williams will be off the board to early for us to trade up but with both Williams and Harris left on Day 2, Dowling might slide far enough for us to get him.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #98
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,742 Times in 824 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Guys they was no corner there to take at 31 that is worth it calm down the steelers no what there doing
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #99
Wallace108

Member Number:

I'm guessing the front office felt Heyward was a better pick than any of the corners still on the board. Perhaps they believe they can get one just as good in the next round without reaching in the first.

Wally
Old 04-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #100
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Guys they was no corner there to take at 31 that is worth it calm down the steelers no what there doing

No need to reach for a guy you can probably secure in round 2. D-line was a pressing need for us as well. I think they did the right thing here. We'll see how things go in rounds 2 and 3 as far as securing a CB.

I still think Butler shows promise and hopefully Lewis finally gets his head out of his ass.

Buddha

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote