Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #101
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,146 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Chance we can land a top CB prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post

No need to reach for a guy you can probably secure in round 2. D-line was a pressing need for us as well. I think they did the right thing here. We'll see how things go in rounds 2 and 3 as far as securing a CB.

I still think Butler shows promise and hopefully Lewis finally gets his head out of his ass.

Buddha
I no people make it seem so bad we did not draft a corner they make it sound like we drafted a kicker In the first round lol
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #102
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Actually, after 2 years of doing nothing in terms of fixing the pass defense, I'm worried.

I'm perfectly fine, just tired of everyone saying "it's fine" and we get bombed year after year. And we are well down the path of being bombed for a 3rd year.

You guys act like we the SB was close... someone tell me what the halftime score was? We haven't covered the pass since the second half of the Arizona SB. Seriously... AND WE SUPPOSEDLY HAVE A DB BACKFIELD GENIUS as a coach.

Yeah, I'm worried.

Llama

PS Laugh all you want but I bet my friends we wouldn't adjust and let GB just bomb away. Guess who won that bet?
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #103
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
You guys act like we the SB was close... someone tell me what the halftime score was?
Uh, the game was close. Last time I checked, the halftime score doesn't really matter.

Wally
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #104
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Actually, after 2 years of doing nothing in terms of fixing the pass defense, I'm worried.

I'm perfectly fine, just tired of everyone saying "it's fine" and we get bombed year after year. And we are well down the path of being bombed for a 3rd year.

You guys act like we the SB was close... someone tell me what the halftime score was? We haven't covered the pass since the second half of the Arizona SB. Seriously... AND WE SUPPOSEDLY HAVE A DB BACKFIELD GENIUS as a coach.

Yeah, I'm worried.

Llama

PS Laugh all you want but I bet my friends we wouldn't adjust and let GB just bomb away. Guess who won that bet?

Look, nobody's saying we're fine in the defensive backfield. I agree that area needs some serious addressing, but to throw away a first round pick on a guy you could potentially get in the 2nd would be wasteful. Why not try to get a stud in another "need" area, and still get a comparable CB in the second that you could have wasted in the first?

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #105
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
Uh, the game was close. Last time I checked, the halftime score doesn't really matter.

Wally

Yeah. Last time I checked a football game is 60 minutes, not 30. We had a chance to win at the end and blew it. Can't win 'em all!

Buddha

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #106
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:

Yeah, I'm worried.

Llama

wtf did you want them to do? reach for a CB who could be out of the league in a few years or take a player they fully believe will be a difference maker for years to come? shitty teams panic and reach for needs.. that's why they end up picking top 15 every single year.

guess what? if Ben didn't shit the bed in the first half and Mendenhall didn't fumble the go-ahead score away, we probably would have been Super Bowl champions in spite of our secondary; which according to you is as bad as they come. Warner torched us in SB XLIII, and that was against one of the statistically best defenses of all-time. our defense is vulnerable against elite QBs. it's been that was since Cowher's days.. yet we've still managed to play in 4 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them. and if not for some unfortunate turnovers, would have won all 4.

i suggest you chill out and let the Steelers do their thing.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #107
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
wtf did you want them to do? reach for a CB who could be out of the league in a few years or take a player they fully believe will be a difference maker for years to come? shitty teams panic and reach for needs.. that's why they end up picking top 15 every single year.

Voice of reason? Is that you?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 AM   #108
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Yeah. Last time I checked a football game is 60 minutes, not 30. We had a chance to win at the end and blew it. Can't win 'em all!

Buddha
Last game I watched was more like three and a half hours.

Bartholomew Q. Higginbottom III
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #109
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Last game I watched was more like three and a half hours.

Bartholomew Q. Higginbottom III

You must have DVRed it and been fast forwarding. It was more like 4 and a half for me.

Stinky Wizzleteats, Jr.