Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #31
Sixburgher
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 685
Member Number: 17648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #32
sexyllama
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 169
Member Number: 18213
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Sky is always falling? WTF are you smoking?

I said our pass defense is really bad. The stats back it up.
Our Play vs any good QB backs it up.
Our current DB's back it up
Our coaches inability to cover up how bad they are
Our coaches inability to develop any DB for THREE YEARS!

DING!

Did I say our QB sucks? Did I say our LB's suck? Did I say our DL sucks? Did I even bring up our OL? (They will be fine just unlucky with all the injuries)

Since you are obviously slow or married to Mike Tomlin, I've simply asked you to provide any kind of adult dialog on how the Steelers have improved vs. the 4-wide/QB passing attack that has been there downfall for the last two years?

1. I'll give you a start, hopefully Carnell Lake can get any draft pick in the last three years to produce? Once again it might be a fact there Mrs. Tomlin? Yes or No, have we drafted and developed a DB in the last THREE YEARS?

2. Hopefully, we draft any DB resembling an actual football player (not very hopeful as the draft is a crapshoot and 2nd through 7th is a lot of luck)

3. See... now think with your little brain and give me some more?

Llama
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #33
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Sky is always falling? WTF are you smoking?

I said our pass defense is really bad. The stats back it up.
Our Play vs any good QB backs it up.
Our current DB's back it up
Our coaches inability to cover up how bad they are
Our coaches inability to develop any DB for THREE YEARS!

DING!

Did I say our QB sucks? Did I say our LB's suck? Did I say our DL sucks? Did I even bring up our OL? (They will be fine just unlucky with all the injuries)

Since you are obviously slow or married to Mike Tomlin, I've simply asked you to provide any kind of adult dialog on how the Steelers have improved vs. the 4-wide/QB passing attack that has been there downfall for the last two years?

1. I'll give you a start, hopefully Carnell Lake can get any draft pick in the last three years to produce? Once again it might be a fact there Mrs. Tomlin? Yes or No, have we drafted and developed a DB in the last THREE YEARS?

2. Hopefully, we draft any DB resembling an actual football player (not very hopeful as the draft is a crapshoot and 2nd through 7th is a lot of luck)

3. See... now think with your little brain and give me some more?

Llama
I already told you I agree, you simpleton. I just don't share your "gloom and doom" outlook on how this upcoming season is going to end up. Show me one post where I said our secondary is good. You can't because I didn't say it. Maybe if you actually read the posts instead of just spouting off, you might comprehend that.

You are the one on here REPEATEDLY saying how our secondary sucks so bad we'll never win against a good passing team this year. Thanks for the "adult dialogue", Kreskin. You're a genius.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 AM   #34
sexyllama
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 169
Member Number: 18213
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Hahaha, I think I'm talking to Sara Palin. Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

I said I'm really disappointed in our first round pick ( I think he'll be good ) but he can't help with our HUGE GLARING and NATIONALLY KNOWN PROBLEM.

You spout off a bunch of BS saying I'm not a fan, then you really agree, but I still suck.
You say I don't know shit about the draft, etc. because everyone else is 100% in picking who is good or bad and they absolutely know that all the CB's were a reach... yeah okay.

So, again I bring it back to the facts listed below and then you say "Kreskin" everybody knows this... wow. You betcha, they know it.

I never said it was doom and gloom. I said we'd win the division and go to the Playoffs. But it's looking alot like what the media has said for the last two years and what we had to listen to the entire SB. GB will spread us out and roll.

What happened?
Llama
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #35
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,647
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 972
Thanked 2,807 Times in 1,089 Posts
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Alright almight llama,
What would have you have done if you had the 31st pick?
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #36
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
You have to take the gamble because we HAVE NOT STOPPED AN ELITE PASSING QB/4WIDE since the second half of the Arizona SB.

Like one of the other posters said and I've been saying it for years. Our D doesn't adjust and is great beating Cincy, Clev, Jets, and Baltimore. Why? They don't have accurate QB's.

You realize that we are heading down the exact same path as the last two years. We have zero DB's. ZERO.

We'll get into the playoff then get bombed when you have to play a real team.

Llama

Same Pass Defense. Same Results.
I think your a closet Bengals fan, cause that's how they draft...not how the pittsburgh steelers draft. So, again what was the result of the arizona SB? And did Ben not have a chance to win the game AGAIN at the end of the GB SB? Yeahhh...that's right. No defense is going to completely shut out good passing attacks, but you know if you get pressure on the QB those teams go from great to very average. You are all about the now, Colbert is all about the next 10 years. You think about this season, he drafts for 2015. He's done an excellent job using mostly low 1st rounders.

Sorry no one else is with you in thinking we should change our whole draft philosophy because we have a need at CB. Sorry, not buying it. We didn't start drafting OL after Faneca left just because we had a need for it and ended up winning the SB w/o him. You and thumper should go circle jerk each other and get off on how much better you are than kevin colbert.

And as for helping with our nationally known problem, your problem is you don't understand that a pass rush will negate a good passing QB, as pressure = inaccuracy, fumbles, ints, sacks, and all around pissing and shitting of the QB. If he can fill in and not have a letdown in performance we keep our aging linemen fresh longer, and keep them healthy going into the playoffs where maybe they can get after the QB better than they did against GB. The D line and LB'ers were spent in the SB, you could tell.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #37
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,550
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

sorry llama, im pretty sure kc and the rest of the front office knows more than you,

its not exactly like are dline is young,, and if cam was mid first round talent and we get him end of round 1 then its a good pick, plus why reach for a corner if we can grab one later in round 2,

fresher d line men equals more pressure


like you said if he hasnt developed a dback yet why waste a first round pick according to you?



overall nice pick, and watch a db slide to us
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #38
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,550
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
I think your a closet Bengals fan, cause that's how they draft...not how the pittsburgh steelers draft. So, again what was the result of the arizona SB? And did Ben not have a chance to win the game AGAIN at the end of the GB SB? Yeahhh...that's right. No defense is going to completely shut out good passing attacks, but you know if you get pressure on the QB those teams go from great to very average. You are all about the now, Colbert is all about the next 10 years. You think about this season, he drafts for 2015. He's done an excellent job using mostly low 1st rounders.

Sorry no one else is with you in thinking we should change our whole draft philosophy because we have a need at CB. Sorry, not buying it. We didn't start drafting OL after Faneca left just because we had a need for it and ended up winning the SB w/o him. You and thumper should go circle jerk each other and get off on how much better you are than kevin colbert.

And as for helping with our nationally known problem, your problem is you don't understand that a pass rush will negate a good passing QB, as pressure = inaccuracy, fumbles, ints, sacks, and all around pissing and shitting of the QB. If he can fill in and not have a letdown in performance we keep our aging linemen fresh longer, and keep them healthy going into the playoffs where maybe they can get after the QB better than they did against GB. The D line and LB'ers were spent in the SB, you could tell.

agree, exactly what defenses were stopping the packers or pats last year?
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #39
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

From another thread:


Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
CB's? See our last 3 drafts with Tomlin the genius DB coach and talent finder? Sorry, we are going to get bombed through the air again.

2 years straight now three...

McFadden was crap and he is our only signed DB? The other clowns couldn't even step up over W. Gay.

Llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Guess what? We got bombed for the last two years by our inept DB's and DB coaching.

I'll take a wild guess. We'll do well during the Regular season then get bombed when we have to play a good passing team like the Pats, etc.

Llama
How'd the Pat's season turn out? EVERY team has weaknesses. Ours just happens to be CB.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Or maybe Heyward can cover the TE or SLOT because...

Because Green Bay is still ****ing throwing on us.... but I guess we'll love getting bombed this year and then lose to a Rodgers/Brady/New Orleans...

Because we know they what they will do... line up four and watch the our clowns give up 10 yards a clip.

Llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Like I said, watch us get bombed again and like it. You guys act like it is rocket science. How did we lose the last two years? .... I'm pretty sure you remember how we the lost...

Reach for a CB? I don't think our DB coaches/scouts have a clue that is why we can't draft them. Sure we'll get one tomorrow who can not crack the practice squad! Awesome.

I think you are mad because you know what's going to happen or do you want to watch the SB again?

Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
It's amazing how you think a DE will cover the SLOT?

We have Bryan't "10 yards a catch" McFadden as our primary option. He has been hot garbage for 2 years? Add up those Arizona stats... he' s giving out free candy in our backfield.
Ike won't sign... somebody will offer him batshit crazy money.
C. Butler can't even find his helmet.
Who else? Exactly, we have -depth at CB.

Two years running we've been gashed by passing teams and Tomlin sticks his head in the sand. Oh yeah, Ben can bail them out... you can only hit that well so many times.

Please tell me how you think we'll cover 4-Wide? Pressure, yeah that's right, that PRESSURE that Brady and Rodgers felt by DESTROYING us in 2 Q's and then coasting for the next two.

Once again, just show me a logical way we'll actually stop a pass? Didn't think so but we'll beat up Cleveland and Cincy! Sweet!

Llama
Like was previously stated... pressure on the QB. We did it before with McFadden and Gay playing corner. Why not again with a 2nd round CB pick that can possibly contribute?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Clark can't cover.
Superman can't cover 4 guys
Ike will be gone.
And as you said "No CB" can just step into this vaunted Defense. A vaunted DEFENSE that hasn't stopped the pass in TWO YEARS. Sure we can pile it on Cincy, Clev, and we'll beat BALT / JETS because they don't have an accurate QB.

I'll go back to my original point. We'll still get bombed by the Pats, NO, Green Bay's. We don't adjust AND we have no CB's

Llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Our PASS D will be shit.

We'll get to the Playoffs then get bombed by a passing attack we KNEW they would do but won't adjust and won't draft anything to counter it.

Does that sound familiar?

llama

Sounds like a lot of "doom and gloom" to me. We may as well not even try.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #40
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Over-emphasis on CBs stopping rush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Hahaha, I think I'm talking to Sara Palin. Obviously, reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
And I'm talking to Corky from "Life Goes On". You aren't even arguing MY point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
You spout off a bunch of BS saying I'm not a fan, then you really agree, but I still suck.
I never said you weren't a fan. Show me the post oh "master of reading comprehension". I also never said "you suck". Is there some sort of English-to-retard language barrier I'm not seeing here?

I've also agreed all along that our CBs (aside from Ike) are not very good, just that we shouldn't have reached in the first for a guy we can pick up in the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
You say I don't know shit about the draft, etc. because everyone else is 100% in picking who is good or bad and they absolutely know that all the CB's were a reach... yeah okay.
Again, reading comprehension. Where, exactly, did I say you don't know shit about the draft? Never said it. Also never said that ALL cornerbacks in the draft were a reach. Just possibly the ones available to us at 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
So, again I bring it back to the facts listed below and then you say "Kreskin" everybody knows this... wow. You betcha, they know it.
You're making this too easy, Corky. The exact quote: "
"You are the one on here REPEATEDLY saying how our secondary sucks so bad we'll never win against a good passing team this year. Thanks for the "adult dialogue", Kreskin. You're a genius."

Where does it say "everybody knows this"?


In review:
1) I agree our CBs (except Ike, who may leave) are not very good.
2) I hold out HOPE that Butler or Lewis puts it together this season.
3) I DO NOT share your feelings that we have NO chance against "better passing teams". It's all about exploiting THEIR weaknesses.
4) I do not feel that there was a first round worthy CB pick left at 31.
5) The Steelers WILL pick up a CB in round 2 that could be just as good as anyone available at 31 in the first.
6) You are a total paste-eater.


I can't put it in any simpler terms for you to understand, unless there is some sort of finger-painting function on the site here that I can draw some pictures with that you may comprehend that I don't know about.


Phineas J. Dingyflicker
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts