Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #101
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Anyone else surprised by how little you care about the loss?

Ok folks...the Schedule is out...and I looked at it, and imagine my joy, when I realized, that I can put all my hate and anger onto the next team we play...and that team...week 1...

is the DIRTY SCUMBAG RAVENS!!!!

OH yeah...Oh this is so much better than having to hate the Falcons for an entire off season like I did last year....so now...now I can officially put all my hate onto our first opponent and its the Gutless Loser Ravens!

HA HA HA HA!

Hey Ravens, how many times have beat the Steelers in the Playoffs again???? OH RIGHT NEVER! CAUSE YOU SUCK! Suck on the manhood of your All Boy Cheer Squad all off season you pieces of trash! You wish you were us, you wish you were a Rival, you hate us cause you are Jealous of us! We hate you cause you don't know when to shut up after we Beat you again and again and again in the Playoffs when it counts most. Heck, we even beat you when we need to Clinch the Division, and Beat you 3 times in a row when its your "season" to get over the Steelers Hump! Only hump you're gonna get over is the HUMP IN YOUR MOMMA'S BACK!

EF YOU RAVENS!!!

Oh yeah...6 Months of this is gonna be so much fun for this guy!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #102
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I read the article in sports illistrated that if Ben would have made the last come back drive to win the game, then he would have been known as the guy that can get away with anything. I guess we'll never know if thats true or not or if he had any influences not to win the game. But i still think somethings fishy. Who knows, but it still sucks!
Maybe it was bad karma, or divine retribution, who knows. But there were a lot of people outside Pittsburgh who were glad that Ben didn't win last year that is what the SI article was saying.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #103
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Maybe it was bad karma, or divine retribution, who knows. But there were a lot of people outside Pittsburgh who were glad that Ben didn't win last year that is what the SI article was saying.
Agreed that Roethlieberger's situation caused many casual fans to root against the Steelers last season - although #7 was not charged with a crime the Milledgeville event combined with the Nevada allegations and Goodell deciding to tee up Roethlisberger definitely created a backlash

But as has been the case with Ray Lewis (who pleaded guilty to obstructing the investigation of the Atlanta murder in which his crew was involved) with the passage of time my bet is the animosity directed at Roethlisberger will fade if he stays out of trouble and continues to win
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #104
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Agreed that Roethlieberger's situation caused many casual fans to root against the Steelers last season - although #7 was not charged with a crime the Milledgeville event combined with the Nevada allegations and Goodell deciding to tee up Roethlisberger definitely created a backlash

But as has been the case with Ray Lewis (who pleaded guilty to obstructing the investigation of the Atlanta murder in which his crew was involved) with the passage of time my bet is the animosity directed at Roethlisberger will fade if he stays out of trouble and continues to win
I'd agree with that. Although I would add the animosity towards Ray Lewis due to the Atlanta trouble , that has never completely disappeared among some NFL fans. Likewise I don't think Roethliesbergers reputation will ever be quite as good as it was before the 2nd set of sexual misconduct allegations were made. Also many fans will look upon the 4 game suspension as evidence of guilt.

If Ben keeps clean then there won't be as many fans rooting against the Steelers for the reason of not wanting to see him win.. But it will take time.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #105
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

I didn't prepare myself for anything but a win. Even through the ups and downs of the game I still had hope and then we got the ball with two minutes in the fourth quarter. I got really pumped here, thinking one more time Ben and then BOOM goes the dynamite. That was what killed me. How lost we looked at the end of the game, like we had never done this before.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #106
bblocker14
Water Boy

Member Number: 14832

Losing a Superbowl only brings one thing to mind..................I hate Neil O'donnell!!!

It's Draft Day. I'm coming out of my coma :)
Old 04-29-2011, 04:25 AM   #107
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblocker14 View Post
Losing a Superbowl only brings one thing to mind..................I hate Neil O'donnell!!!

It's Draft Day. I'm coming out of my coma :)
I still believe O'Donell was paid to throw those 2 picks, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote