Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #11
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerman View Post
but are we really in the position for project corners i mean remember ike maybe gone this year leaving gay mcfadden and butler. and we still have holes on the Oline that need to be addressed. if we dont find some answer to the secondary your going to be watching last years superbowl every game against us. but that is just my opinion
disagree, there are only a few teams with the QB/WR's to do what the packers did... and we only play a few of them. Colts, Patriots, and maybe Houston are the teams that could give us fits. Chiefs maybe a good test. I don't know how it will play out, but I think Ike will be back, he says he doesn't want to play for anyone else and I believe they will let a vet go to go towards his signing bonus. I'm thinking hoke will be gone if we get a NT late, and maybe Spaeth will be replaced by a UFA. Moore could be let go. There are a number of guys that could be released and replaced in the draft to make some cap money available.

I'd rather watch last year's superbowl than the playoff game against jacksonville where they ran all over us on 3rd and 4th down. I like our chances with ben keeping us in the game if it becomes a shootout vs. becoming weak in DL and gambling on CB's early on.

We don't really have choice but to continue to have project CB's. That's just the way it goes when you draft late I guess. I like the idea of you make the strength of your defense as a whole your top priority in the draft, and fill the other needs in order of importance. O-line...tbh not that important, we've won with the weakest line maybe in the history of the NFL...CB...not that important. Prevent the big play, not much to ask of any CB. Something they've been pretty good at the past few years. Even Ike gets burned (think buffalo) So saying he's top shelf isn't saying much about how good you have to be to start on this defense. He has the luxury of having a lesser CB being thrown at more..poor mcfadden..lol

I'm hoping they grab a steal CB in the second, if we could get williams that would be great, ras dowling would be great too...if not go BPA on either line or LB.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
rangerman
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Member Number: 18371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

colt mccoy threw for 280 is he elite in his first or second start. so basically we are conceding the patriot game the colts game maybe the chiefs game and possibly the houston game? your also forgetting flacco throws for over 220 usually against us, your also only looking at the regular season what happens if we face the pats in the playoffs or the colts or the chiefs i bet we will wish we had a good corner then. i trust the staff believe me i just dont agree with everything that happens.
rangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #13
rangerman
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Member Number: 18371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

not flaming at you finesward just debating and discussing nothing personal
rangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerman View Post
but are we really in the position for project corners i mean remember ike maybe gone this year leaving gay mcfadden and butler. and we still have holes on the Oline that need to be addressed. if we dont find some answer to the secondary your going to be watching last years superbowl every game against us. but that is just my opinion
With all due respect, I think most Steeler's fans are being hyberbolic about the secondary. We made it to the Super Bowl last year with a below-average secondary and got tore up by a great quarterback. Not every team the Steelers play will have Aaron Rodgers under center. We'll be a play-off team with or without Harris or Williams on the squad.

Second thing you guys are ignoring is the waiting period for a rookie on the Steelers. Very rarely does a rookie start his rookie year and do well. Considering this, the Steelers aren't drafting a player to help them next year; they draft players to help them in 2-3 years. This is why they are consistently in SB contention.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
rangerman
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Member Number: 18371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

cloppbeast you make excellent points i just wish the secondary could be above average. if we have done what we have with a below average think what we could have done with a good secondary and a good o-line.
rangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,112
Member Number: 13149
Thanks: 390
Thanked 187 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
CB.......................................CB....... ..............................CB


Perhaps we need a replay of SB 45?
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #17
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerman View Post
cloppbeast you make excellent points i just wish the secondary could be above average. if we have done what we have with a below average think what we could have done with a good secondary and a good o-line.
I agree with you. It seems like we're just 1 CB away from having an excellent secondary. It's frustrating because it seems like that should be easy, judging by the fact that we draft such good players all over the place recently like Pouncey, Hood, Timmons, and Woodley. I'm sure Colbert wishes more than anybody there were some good CBs worth taking. Unfortunately, we don't have a player-making machine, so we're stuck with what the draft provides.

I am hopeful that Butler will be a great player. He now has a years worth of experience which should help him next year. I think the 2011 season will be a telling year for Crezdon. If we can resign Taylor, Butler plays to the potential we all feel he has, and Gay continues playing well in the nickel, the secondary might actually be good next year without even drafting a CB.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,112
Member Number: 13149
Thanks: 390
Thanked 187 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
With all due respect, I think most Steeler's fans are being hyberbolic about the secondary. We made it to the Super Bowl last year with a below-average secondary and got tore up by a great quarterback. Not every team the Steelers play will have Aaron Rodgers under center. We'll be a play-off team with or without Harris or Williams on the squad.

Second thing you guys are ignoring is the waiting period for a rookie on the Steelers. Very rarely does a rookie start his rookie year and do well. Considering this, the Steelers aren't drafting a player to help them next year; they draft players to help them in 2-3 years. This is why they are consistently in SB contention.
And if we make it back to the Superbowl odds are we'll be facing a great QB and get our secondary eaten up again.....Great D lineman and LB's don't mean a thing if the ball is gone long before they get to the QB
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,558
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,414 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I agree with you. It seems like we're just 1 CB away from having an excellent secondary. It's frustrating because it seems like that should be easy, judging by the fact that we draft such good players all over the place recently like Pouncey, Hood, Timmons, and Woodley. I'm sure Colbert wishes more than anybody there were some good CBs worth taking. Unfortunately, we don't have a player-making machine, so we're stuck with what the draft provides.

I am hopeful that Butler will be a great player. He now has a years worth of experience which should help him next year. I think the 2011 season will be a telling year for Crezdon. If we can resign Taylor, Butler plays to the potential we all feel he has, and Gay continues playing well in the nickel, the secondary might actually be good next year without even drafting a CB.

ding ding ding

corners next year can be
cb1 swag
cb 2 mcfadden/butler
cb 3 butler/mcfadden
cb 4 gay/lewis/ drafted cb
cb 5 lewis/gay


if we do draft and see him as a dime back, now were talking...
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
rangerman
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Member Number: 18371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CAM HEYWARD BABY!!!

i just have this feeling we may try after dowling or brown and even house perhaps. i think if they work hard they may see the field.
rangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts