Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #31
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,075 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Maybe you didn't get the memo, but we made it to the SB last year with this secondary. You guys sound a lot like chicken little right now.
Maybe you missed it but we didn't beat a single elite quarterback last season as a result of that secondary and were lucky to get to the Super Bowl to begin with by drawing matchups with the Jets and Ravens. That's not gonna happen again.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #32
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Maybe you didn't finish watching the SB but GB handed us our ass in two quarters then coasted.
We lost by six points after giving up 3 TOs.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers did his Tom Brady impression by throwing for 300, the Steelers didn't even come close to touching him, he threw quick 3-5 step passes, averaged 10y/pass, and we LOST.
Yes. We lost the SUPER BOWL. lol. In other words, we were the second best team; and you want to get all hysterical about CBs. Hilarious. On top of that, they guy that tore us a new one is probably one of the best QBs in the league, with probably the best 1-2-3 receiving corps in the league.

Do you know why we were even in the game despite giving up 300 yards passing and 3 TOs? Because the Packers couldn't run the ball. Do you know why they couldn't run the ball? Because the Steelers have the best front seven in the game, and Cam will only perpetuate our solid DL - which will keep us in games like the SB in the future, even if we don't have the best CBs in the league.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's a well known problem that our secondary is horrible but okay. They are awesome and can't wait for that Pat's game.

Llama
Even though we're in a division with teams that try to run having RBs like Cedrick Benson, Peyton Hillis, and Ray Rice, with inexperienced/terrible QBs like Flacco, McCoy, and some rookie the Bengals just picked up. That's six games a year against teams that are much better at running the ball. Instead, you want to prepare for the Patriots, who we may or may not play each season. In fact, we made it past them in the playoffs without even playing them.

Sounds like a sound strategy.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #33
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

clopp,

Totally respect your opinion if you think they are good but on Day 1 of last year the National media and most of the hardcore Steeler fans thought we had big issues with our Secondary and on several games and the SB it proved to be fatally true.

As others have stated sure we'll beat the teams with Average QBs but once you get the playoffs it's a different story and we've been owned multiple times by Brady and now Rodgers. (and since the Arizona 3/4th quarters vs. Arizona)

The year before that when we didn't make the playoffs our Pass Defense was directly responsible for many of the losses, we couldn't hold a lead, and QB's picked our weak secondary apart.

Like I said, maybe they plan to get some free agent CB's otherwise it will be another rough playoffs/SB vs an elite QB.
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #34
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
We lost by six points after giving up 3 TOs.

Do you know why we were even in the game despite giving up 300 yards passing and 3 TOs? Because the Packers couldn't run the ball. Do you know why they couldn't run the ball? Because the Steelers have the best front seven in the game, and Cam will only perpetuate our solid DL - which will keep us in games like the SB in the future, even if we don't have the best CBs in the league.
Uhh.. we got beatdown by Brady. I was at that game. I've never saw a ball challenged by our D.

GB couldn't RUN? ARE YOU SURE?

J. Starks 11 carries 52 yards with a 4.7 YARD AVERAGE. I'd say 4.7 is great but there was no need to run.

A. Rodgers 24/39 300 yards 3 TD and 111.5 rating? They would have scored two or three more with some of those easy drops.

Just like New England there is NO REASON TO RUN when you can go 4-wide, spread the field, and make Pittsburgh chase.

Llama

Like I said it's good enough to win in the Regular Season but I fear the Playoffs or a bad draw vs. Brady.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #35
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

the truth is...we should have never made it to the SB last year. I don't want to have to "get to the SB without playing NE...".
If you have to try and 'avoid' playing certain teams...then theres a problem. A big problem.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #36
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Uhh.. we got beatdown by Brady. I was at that game. I've never saw a ball challenged by our D.
How did that affect our super bowl run?

Quote:
GB couldn't RUN? ARE YOU SURE?

J. Starks 11 carries 52 yards with a 4.7 YARD AVERAGE. I'd say 4.7 is great but there was no need to run.
They ran for 52 yards. That's not very much. They only tried to run 11 times becuase they knew they couldn't sustain it. They used their running game as a change of pace. This despite the fact they had a 14 point lead. They knew they couldn't protect it by running, and this is exactly what kept the Steelers in the game.

Quote:
A. Rodgers 24/39 300 yards 3 TD and 111.5 rating? They would have scored two or three more with some of those easy drops.
If, if, if......That's part of Lebeau's strategy. Somebody will make a mistake at some point or another.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #37
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,075 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Curtis Brown. I guess I can live with that. Better than an Olineman or something else like I was expecting. I would have preffered Davon House.

I hope we get somebody decent in free agency though.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #38
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Curtis Brown. I guess I can live with that. Better than an Olineman or something else like I was expecting. I would have preffered Davon House.

I hope we get somebody decent in free agency though.
Brown is the safier pick but some people believe House may have a bigger upside after some experience
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
the truth is...we should have never made it to the SB last year. I don't want to have to "get to the SB without playing NE...".
If you have to try and 'avoid' playing certain teams...then theres a problem. A big problem.
We didn't "avoid" anyone. We beat a fierce division rival to advance to the AFC Championship. They're the ones who failed to sack up against the Jets.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #40
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

I guess we'll know in a few years but this draft is looking suspect. Didn't like Curtis Brown or any of the other Tier 3 CB's (there was a reason Texas was 5-7)

I'm guessing they are going to get 2-3 CB's through Free Agency.

"If, if, if......That's part of Lebeau's strategy. Somebody will make a mistake at some point or another."

Yeah, great strategy because we lost and they kept scoring. Remember, he didn't stop Warner either. We one because of Big Ben not the pass D. And the same spread is what Belisuck has pioneered to beat us.

Once again, they could have ran more... but why?
If, like Brady, you can throw without a CB within 5 yards of the receiver and gain 10 yards a catch there is no need to run.

Llama