Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #51
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Actually, I just picked the first quote from many media, football analysts, as well as many people here. Also, pretty much the only thing this team has huge problems with is Belisuck and that damn spread does on us.

Have you been watching our games then you'll know it's pretty much the only major problem area we have.

Never said they would be torched all year. I said we can't be Elite Qb's using the spread and we've done nothing in since Arizona to fix it.

Anyway, sorry for saying anything negative about the Steelers because obviously they are perfect and your(you're?) not a fan otherwise.

Llama
Dude are you high or something??? When you read that back does it make sense? You may be a fan, but of the bandwagoner, gloom and doom (not to mention not that smart) variety. Yes there are others on here like you who make equally obvious and negative statements, and there are media outlets that love to point out the glaring weaknesses of the O-line and DB situation in da burgh...but those guys have been saying the same old tired things since Arizona, and here we are again...year after year back in the playoffs, back in the SB. So thanks for repeating the obvious, thanks for clearing it up to those of us who have been not watching the steelers the past 5 years and letting us know that the weakness of our defense is against a spread offense. Why not use your media prowess to break down the other 31 teams and post on their message boards something 99% of them already know and see what kind of response you get.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #52
sexyllama
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 169
Member Number: 18213
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Funny enough I called out all your BS and you say are you HI.

I say I don't like the selection and I'm and idiot and your perfect?

Are you high? You stupid. Go point out the obvious. Your not a fan. I just summed your entire thought process up much more quickly than you could.

Later fool, I won't express my disappointment for the draft choices because obviously you don't agree which makes me high or an idiot? Later dumbass.

Llama
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #53
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Funny enough I called out all your BS and you say are you HI.

I say I don't like the selection and I'm and idiot and your perfect?

Are you high? You stupid. Go point out the obvious. Your not a fan. I just summed your entire thought process up much more quickly than you could.

Later fool, I won't express my disappointment for the draft choices because obviously you don't agree which makes me high or an idiot? Later dumbass.

Llama
Called out all my BS? Where in that incomprehensible drivel did you call anything out except confirming that you "just picked the first quote from many media ( ) football analysts ( ) as well as many other people on here"

I asked if you are high because coming from someone who isn't high, and is trying to find meaning in the broken sentences, misspelled and segmented words, and "unique vision and advanced vision" it's very hard to take you or anything you say seriously.

You can express your disappointment for the draft choices, but at least be an individual and use your god given "unique and advanced vision" to tell us who you wanted to be drafted and give some insight as to why instead of just hopping along what peter king, or what some other gloom and doomer moron on here is saying. Your logic (see how I used your?) is flawed and you can't even concede that maybe, JUST MAYBE CB is not as important in this defense as say a DE who can stop the run, take up blockers, and free the LB's to PRESSURE the QB enabling us to get by with the bend but don't break "softee" coverage that dick tends to use. I know it can be frustrating to watch, but more often than not it has worked for us. 3 SB trips in 6 years is all the proof you need that it works. So why now, after a tough loss, should we abandon everything we've done before that worked so well for so long and go out and draft based on need. Why panic? Why ? Give me some solid reasons, not what you heard on sportscenter or rotoworld or espn....I'm giving you a chance to prove your salt. Go right on ahead and wow everyone.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #54
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Anyway, sorry for saying anything negative about the Steelers because obviously they are perfect and your not a fan otherwise.
There's nothing wrong with criticizing the team. I assure you I disagree with many of their decisions . But you've taken criticism to a whole new level. You threw in the towel after the Heyward pick. You didn't even wait to see who we picked in rounds 2 and 3 before you were declaring the draft a complete disaster. Just take a deep breath.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #55
fuzzy159
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 16
Member Number: 18380
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
BTW, Green Bay throwing on almost every down is called "A Game Plan"

The Super Bowl coverage sorta hinted that they would do that because our PASS DEFENSE was considered below average. I'll let you in on a another big secret... most of the media points out that we don't have a pass D.

Peter King:
Some guys should be Steelers. Cam Heyward fits very well there. He's a versatile defensive end who can play the run well and penetrate well to bother the passer. Might be the long-term replacement for Brett Keisel, who turns 33 in September. But I'm like everyone else: I think Pittsburgh should have gone corner here, with such a desperate need at the position, or offensive tackle.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1KyCnDrwH
You do realize that pass rushing helps with pass coverage?

Heyward can eat up blocks allowing Woodley and company to get more pressure on the QB forcing him to get rid of the ball faster. The longer the corners have to stay with a WR the higher the chance of that WR getting open. The Steelers do need a corner because of the lack of skill we have at the position but they addressed it by getting Brown.

No cornerback available at 31 would benefit the team more than Heyward can. Heyward is a very good player and will fit perfectly with the Steelers.

I love all three of our picks so far.
__________________
fuzzy159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #56
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
BritishSteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 1,495
Gender: Male
Member Number: 878
Thanks: 295
Thanked 425 Times in 193 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Picking at 31, and without a stack of extra picks to bargain with, you'll never get every single player you want in the draft anyway - We picked up immediate help on a D-Line plagued by injuries over the past few seasons with a DE that will help bring pressure, we picked up cover for a position on the O-line we're going to have problems with in a years time (Adams will retire I think leaving us short of effective cover for Colon), and we picked up a CB that a lot of scouting reports projected as a solid 2nd rounder at the bottom of the third.

Good job so far in my view - we don't yet know what form free agency will take, so I'm not gonna throw this draft out because we didn't give up a second and a fourth to pick up Prince Amukamara.
__________________
All Humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!.
BritishSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #57
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Texas
Posts: 49
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12193
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
Picking at 31, and without a stack of extra picks to bargain with, you'll never get every single player you want in the draft anyway.

We have a freakin' BINGO!!!! You have 1 of 2 choices.... you can root for a loser like the Detroit Lions, and have a great time with your friends on draft day every year mulling over all the great picks you get in the top 10, and still suck. Or you can be part of the Steeler Nation and have to wait a few hours every draft day for your pick between 18 - 30. And with those "non lottery" picks you have to trust that the talent evaluation and the ability of the coaching staff will give us a winner on the field every year.

I happen to think that the front office has done a fantastic job with this draft considering where we pick and the holes we have to fill. Throw in the fact that we have some 2nd and 3rd year players ready to step up and start making a difference, it's NOT the gloom and doom some are feeling/projecting.. All the armchair Mel Kiper Jr's aside... pfffffttt...... I've got NO complaints about this draft so far. I might suggest that the bitchers and moaners do some research on the draft prospects and how they FIT WITH THE STEELERS.

Still wouldn't mind seeing us get one more CB and interior offensive lineman. Oh, and on a personal note, I would love to see the Steelers take a chance on Mark Herzlich in the 6th, if he is still available. Most players below the 5th are camp red meat anyway and this guy at one time was a late first, early second round pick.
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #58
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
BritishSteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 1,495
Gender: Male
Member Number: 878
Thanks: 295
Thanked 425 Times in 193 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTexasSteel View Post

Still wouldn't mind seeing us get one more CB and interior offensive lineman. Oh, and on a personal note, I would love to see the Steelers take a chance on Mark Herzlich in the 6th, if he is still available. Most players below the 5th are camp red meat anyway and this guy at one time was a late first, early second round pick.
Once you get to the the camp-bait section of the draft, that's the time to start looking at the player projects - Herzlich has all kinds of upside if he's passed medically fit - a steeler attitude and he tore the place up as a Senior and played a bit at fullback if I recall correctly, so obviously Arians will love that. At 6 or 7, and with the doctor's OK, he's a pretty decent shout. I'd also take a hard look at Alex Henery in the 5th or 6th - Sweez did OK last year but I'm not sure he's the long-term answer, and Henery can punt pretty effectively, important given that Sepulveda is looking increasingly injury-prone.
__________________
All Humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!.
BritishSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #59
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
Anyway, sorry for saying anything negative about the Steelers because obviously they are perfect and your not a fan otherwise.
I personally don't care whether you say bad things about the Steelers. I openly criticize Ben because I think he's overrated by most Steelers fans. Your bs complaints don't make sense though.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #60
sexyllama
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 169
Member Number: 18213
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Who do you want on day 2 of the draft?

Amazing.

MY BS complaint is that our DB's are shit and they are the most pressing need? Seriously, I don't make sense? 90% of the media and football analyst say we are razor-thin at CB and I'm crazy? Okay...

Our downfall for the last TWO years has been accurate QB's that spread us out. Remember the year we didn't make the playoffs? Sure we were off but our pass Defense got bombed. Last year, we got lucky and didn't face a good passing team until the SB then "Bam!" GB followed Belisucks plan to a capital T. Spread us out and hit the slot for 5-10 yards a pop.

As for our picks- find my post where I said Heyward or Gilbert suck? Nope, wrong ****ing again.
I said for a team that has nothing at CB, we really didn't address it well.

I'm a little suspect that the 11th... THE 11th DE is going to be the best DE in the first round and that nobody else noticed he was THAT GOOD. But, you have to go with our LB/DE scouts because they are the best. After what Kugs did with the line, I'd argue Gilbert will probably start because he actually worked miracles last year and coached up some average OL's to actually compete.

Now, onto the DB's:

MINUSES
0. Taylor, Madison, Mundy, and Gay are all UFA's. I don't people even realize that.
1. You know since Tomlin has taken over we HAVE NOT developed one CB?
2. The current DB's that won the Superbowl were all from Cowher
3. Our old backfield coach never did anything close to what Kugs did last year. Come on man, you remember every play Gay and Mundy were in, it was a ****ing slaughter. The only thing that saved us were a lot of bad QB throws. Oh and Ben bailing us out with that insane Hail Mary.
4. As I said in another post, Curtis Brown was basically the Texas McFadden. I bet 10s of thousand on College Football and I know the Top 20 teams inside and out. Texas gave up several 300-400 yard rushing games, several 300-400 passing games. Look up what Oklahoma St. did to the guy.
5. Past the 2nd Round *almost* all of these guys are projects except punters and kickers : 0
6. After the above facts, is it that hard to make sense that we still have a big hole in our Defensive Backfield
7. It's not hard to imagine Troy P. getting hurt for a few games NOW look at our DB's without him.

PLUSES
1. Tomlin and Lake actually coach any of the DB's to play, we'll see. Hey, Kugs did it in a year...Maybe..
2. Maybe, we had a plan to grab some DB's through Free Agency. Granted, the Steelers don't but they have made an exception when good players are available and we have a need.

Llama
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts