Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #61
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Mendy didn't take long!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I don't think he was tearing up on the country to be honest. I mean, some people in the government do some messed up stuff, but the point he was trying to make is that those people never seem to get away with it. There's always someone there to spill the beans, so to speak.

I don't doubt that the government (in general, I don't know who to point exact fingers at), took advantage of the situation after 9/11...but as Riddle has pointed out a number of times, it's silly to think that the whole thing was somehow orchestrated and covered up by an entire government. I have my suspicions about certain things, but some of the shit these people come up with is just ridiculous...like they've watched Enemy of the State or The Manchurian Candidate one too many times.
Thank you for injecting some sanity into my exchange with Pete....I am not sure why he had such difficulty realizing what you just summed up in your above post.

I could make some pretty stereotypical jokes here about Marines and IQs, but I am no genius myself.....so I would be a black kettle taking potshots at the pot, at best LOL. Plus I have never had any problems getting along with Pete around here before, so I am not one to wreck a good thing.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #62
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Hence the unfavorable title of "Conspiracy theorist".....they are overly suspicious people who perceive patterns and conspiracies where there are none.
no patterns ? how about the ONLY buildings in the area that are no longer standing in the complex despite other builds being closer to the twins , and survived the ordeal ?, , were all owned by the same person. the same person who had the foresight to take out a HUGE insurance policy just prior to 9 / 11 , which he made sure terrorist acts were included.

years ago an old roommate took out theft insurance insurance on his motorcycle 6 weeks before it was stolen. the insurance company crawled in his ass with a microscope trying to prove fraud and he waited nearly a year before they finally cut him a check. ... whats more likely to happen ? a motorcycle being stolen in tallahassee florida ? or a terrorist attack that completely destroys only the buildings in NY owned by a certain individual ?

watch the vids

[YOUTUBE]iEuJimaumW4&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]972ETepp4GI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]8n-nT-luFIw&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 05-19-2011 at 12:22 AM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #63
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

See, that's the problem with the internet age. There's plenty of youtube videos and sites that bring their own evidence against the "inside job" theory. I despise people running the government just as much as the next person, but I still think it's crazy to believe that something this big could be covered up. Hell, Clinton couldn't even get a BJ without the whole world finding out...and somehow the completely inept US gov't is going to perform it's own terror strike? I just don't buy it.

Here's a couple vids with really tense music that go against the inside job theory.

[YOUTUBE]tacYjsS-g6k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_kSq663m0G8[/YOUTUBE]
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #64
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
how about me? im a marine my man. what branch were you in?
The smarter half of the Department of the Navy.....

(J/K, I have known some pretty goddamn dumb squids, and some pretty bright gators and vice-versa, I have had conversations with you here and know you to be a bright fellow)

Quote:
im not the one tearing up on my country you are.
There is a world of difference between "tearing up your country" and being objective about your country. I was assuming the latter of the two.

My point was that conspiracy theorists are always quick to point out how incompetent we/our government/our country is, and then in the same breath attribute ninja-like abilities to pull off the grandest scheme in the history of our country without a hitch. It creates a really obvious dichotomy.

If our President can't even get away with getting a fricking blowjob from his under-desk-intern without some big-mouthed lady blowing the boilers for the whole world to see, fat chance of them being able to pull off something like 9/11.....

Like I said, if our government wanted to pull this off, why the elaborate scheme with the planes and whatnot? That smacks of terrorists-- they always seek targets that produce the greatest emotional effects and clearly hitting us in our financial capital counts as such. if the government wanted to do that, they would have just bombed the WTC and blamed it on Al-Queda, which wouldn't be tough to believe, since Al-Queda already bombed the WTC back in the 90's.

Alot of the reason why conspiracy theories crop up, IMHO, is the sense of incredulity. Even the most subversive left-winger has a hard time accepting that we could have been caught so flat-footed on 9/11. It is no small surprise that very similar conspiracy theories got circulated after Pearl Harbor got bombed. How could the Japanese have caught us so off-guard? Answer: human incompetence-- as long as humans are involved, there will be mistakes and oversights.

Pearl Harbor, the U.S.S. Cole, and 9/11 were the product of human complacency, not conspiracies.

Quote:
i figure they would of taught you proper respect in the military
I don't think respect is the issue here. If you are not able to look realistically and without bias at your own country's shortcomings and our place in history without it making you fly off the handle, you are not being very objective and definitely not doing your nation any service that way.

I don't appreciate being told to move to Mexico either. I pay my taxes. Knowing you are still on active duty and receiving that payscale, I probably pay a LOT more in income taxes than you do each year. I've put in my 7 years of military service, would gladly serve the government again if I could (at my ripe age of 33, I cannot re-enter active duty) at whatever capacity. I dream aboutConsidered dropping my nice job and joining the minute-men several times in the past year (a Marine Corps buddy of mine keeps trying to talk me into it-- he knows how I feel about illegal immigrants). I volunteer a lot at local senior centers. I am the primary caretaker for my mother who is disabled ("primary caretaker" being a very cold and undescriptive word) and very sick.

In short, I am a dedicated and patriotic American that neither deserves, nor should I be required to put up with that crap from anybody.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #65
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Hell, Clinton couldn't even get a BJ without the whole world finding out...]
i think that was a setup as well .... who takes off a dress with pecker tracks all over it and hangs it back up in their closet instead of getting it cleaned ? not to mention remembering said dress had pecker tracks on it a year after the fact and offering it up as evidence ...
i'm sure monica made a nice little profit off of the ordeal.
where there's profit involved , there's a motive.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #66
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i think that was a setup as well .... who takes off a dress with pecker tracks all over it and hangs it back up in their closet instead of getting it cleaned ? not to mention remembering said dress had pecker tracks on it a year after the fact and offering it up as evidence ...
i'm sure monica made a nice little profit off of the ordeal.
where there's profit involved , there's a motive.

Well, that's kind of my point. Set up or not...he got caught with his pants down, literally.

And yes, there was profit involved...but everyone found out about it. Even if they had paid her off (I'm not sure if they tried or not), she still blabbed.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 05-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #67
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
The smarter half of the Department of the Navy.....

(J/K, I have known some pretty goddamn dumb squids, and some pretty bright gators and vice-versa, I have had conversations with you here and know you to be a bright fellow)

There is a world of difference between "tearing up your country" and being objective about your country. I was assuming the latter of the two.

My point was that conspiracy theorists are always quick to point out how incompetent we/our government/our country is, and then in the same breath attribute ninja-like abilities to pull off the grandest scheme in the history of our country without a hitch. It creates a really obvious dichotomy.

If our President can't even get away with getting a fricking blowjob from his under-desk-intern without some big-mouthed lady blowing the boilers for the whole world to see, fat chance of them being able to pull off something like 9/11.....

Like I said, if our government wanted to pull this off, why the elaborate scheme with the planes and whatnot? That smacks of terrorists-- they always seek targets that produce the greatest emotional effects and clearly hitting us in our financial capital counts as such. if the government wanted to do that, they would have just bombed the WTC and blamed it on Al-Queda, which wouldn't be tough to believe, since Al-Queda already bombed the WTC back in the 90's.

Alot of the reason why conspiracy theories crop up, IMHO, is the sense of incredulity. Even the most subversive left-winger has a hard time accepting that we could have been caught so flat-footed on 9/11. It is no small surprise that very similar conspiracy theories got circulated after Pearl Harbor got bombed. How could the Japanese have caught us so off-guard? Answer: human incompetence-- as long as humans are involved, there will be mistakes and oversights.

Pearl Harbor, the U.S.S. Cole, and 9/11 were the product of human complacency, not conspiracies.

I don't think respect is the issue here. If you are not able to look realistically and without bias at your own country's shortcomings and our place in history without it making you fly off the handle, you are not being very objective and definitely not doing your nation any service that way.

I don't appreciate being told to move to Mexico either. I pay my taxes. Knowing you are still on active duty and receiving that payscale, I probably pay a LOT more in income taxes than you do each year. I've put in my 7 years of military service, would gladly serve the government again if I could (at my ripe age of 33, I cannot re-enter active duty) at whatever capacity. I dream aboutConsidered dropping my nice job and joining the minute-men several times in the past year (a Marine Corps buddy of mine keeps trying to talk me into it-- he knows how I feel about illegal immigrants). I volunteer a lot at local senior centers. I am the primary caretaker for my mother who is disabled ("primary caretaker" being a very cold and undescriptive word) and very sick.

In short, I am a dedicated and patriotic American that neither deserves, nor should I be required to put up with that crap from anybody.
i was wrong for my post and am sorry. i didnt fully read your post and jumped to the wrong conclusion without being properly informed. you seem like a really good person and i was definatly wrong for saying some of the things i did.
of course there are things i would love to change about our government but its 100% impossible to have perfection there and i excepted that. i didnt like when Clinton was president because he hurt the military when he cut funds but my feelings were irrelevent. i respect the position whether i like the decisions or not
Old 05-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #68
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
i was wrong for my post and am sorry. i didnt fully read your post and jumped to the wrong conclusion without being properly informed. you seem like a really good person and i was definatly wrong for saying some of the things i did.
of course there are things i would love to change about our government but its 100% impossible to have perfection there and i excepted that. i didnt like when Clinton was president because he hurt the military when he cut funds but my feelings were irrelevent. i respect the position whether i like the decisions or not
I apologize as well-- we got off on the wrong foot there. It takes a much bigger man to admit wrongs (on both of us).

Old 05-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #69
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, that's kind of my point. Set up or not...he got caught with his pants down, literally.

And yes, there was profit involved...but everyone found out about it. Even if they had paid her off (I'm not sure if they tried or not), she still blabbed.
I gotta say though-- with that maw, I can easily see why Clinton let her be his under-desk-troll for the afternoon. A comment about being able to pull the chrome off a trailer hitch comes to mind for some reason....
Old 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #70
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
I gotta say though-- with that maw, I can easily see why Clinton let her be his under-desk-troll for the afternoon. A comment about being able to pull the chrome off a trailer hitch comes to mind for some reason....

Hey, I'm not judging him for it at all. There's definitely a lot worse things people can do than get consensual pleasure from another person.

He's a dick for cheating on his wife (and I don't care how ugly or how big of a bitch a woman is...be a man and leave her if you want for something else), but it hardly deserved the uproar that it got.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365