Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: Street fight: Hines vs. Sugar Ray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Isn't it amazing when you soak in what a true "pro" in his area can do?
Think of how fast a MLB pitcher throws. How big and fast NFL players
are. And Ray wasn't just a pro, he was one of the best ever. Like I said
Bonaduce tried to give it a go, and it was over in a blink of an eye. Ray
just lit him up to the body with three quick shots and Danny went down
and didn't even recall what happened. And Danny fights and was on
all kinds of juice and HGH, admittedly.
Aside from playing the ugly kid in the Partidge Family and being a DJ, Bonaduce is nothing more than an old, washed-up, wanna-be-never-was, drug addict. Yet you compare him with professional athletes and use him as a yardstick to measure Sugar Ray's greatness?

It just goes to show you that ESPN has no content for shows like First Take. That's about the damned dumbest conversation you could have this side of My Father Can Kick Your Father's A$$ we used to hear on elementary school playgrounds. I'd rather pound my jibbs with a sledge hammer than watch that show.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #22
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
This is so not even close it hardly merits discussion. It is amazing how people will contort logic to arrive at a conclusion that makes them feel warm and fuzzy on the inside b/c their favorite player gets to win.

Sugar Ray would absolutely destroy Hines Ward.

Have a look at the Vai Sikahema vs. Canseco video. Do you really think it would make any difference if that had been a street fight? And Ray Leonard - while older - is still in tremendous shape and fought at the very highest level. Not to mention his competition - Duran, Hagler, Hearns - were all-time greats.

All of whom, by the way, would also completely mangle Hines Ward in a street fight ...

What possible relevance is there with a fight between a retired football player turned tv sportscaster vs. a washed up steriod addled baseball player turned sideshow? And you're out of your mind if you think Jose Canseco would kick Hines Ward's ass. Hell Canseco can't beat third rate reality series actors in a fight, and you think he'd be "mangled" by Jose? Really? Really???!!!

By the way I agree with the basic premise that Ray Leonard would probably beat Hines in a fight. But having seen Hines de-cleat 250 linebackers and taking on 290 lbs linemen head on I don't think it would be nearly as one sided as most of you suppose. Plus I've seen Hines take monster shots to the chops from the best the NFL has to offer and come up smiling, and with the freaking football still safe in his hands! . So none of you will convince me that it would be an early knockout. Hines is one tough son of a bitch, you give him a month to train and I'd wager anything he'd put on a respectable showing.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
What possible relevance is there with a fight between a retired football player turned tv sportscaster vs. a washed up steriod addled baseball player turned sideshow?
Vai was an amateur boxer. Google is your friend buddy.

NFL hits obviously suck but come on dude. Come on. You are clinging to the outcome that makes you feel good and not using your brain.

I am almost certain this would take less than one round if Hines made any effort to stand in the ring and fight. Being tough is one thing but Hines cannot realistically defend himself from the onslaught of punches he would receive.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #24
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Vai was an amateur boxer. Google is your friend buddy.

NFL hits obviously suck but come on dude. Come on. You are clinging to the outcome that makes you feel good and not using your brain.
I know a lot of amateur boxers, what was his record, did he ever beat anyone? a lot of people boxed, it doesn't mean they boxed any good.

Google Canseco, the guy's an absolute joke, and you say he'd "mangle" Ward. Talk about not using your brain!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #25
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
I know a lot of amateur boxers, what was his record, did he ever beat anyone? a lot of people boxed, it doesn't mean they boxed any good.

Google Canseco, the guy's an absolute joke, and you say he'd "mangle" Ward. Talk about not using your brain!
Ok - just to be clear, the Sikahema/Canseco thing was meant as an example of what happens when someone with boxing skill fights someone without it. I was not expressing any view as to a Canseco/Ward outcome.

I am fairly confident that Sikahema would also mangle Hines Ward, however.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Ok - just to be clear, the Sikahema/Canseco thing was meant as an example of what happens when someone with boxing skill fights someone without it. I was not expressing any view as to a Canseco/Ward outcome.

I am fairly confident that Sikahema would also mangle Hines Ward, however.
I'd take action on that. Not saying Hines would win, but Vai's about 50, Hines would make a respecatable showing of it at least.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
I'd take action on that. Not saying Hines would win, but Vai's about 50, Hines would make a respecatable showing of it at least.
I dunno man. Sikahema says he fought between 80 and 90 amateur fights. I mean obviously at some point you get old enough you won't beat anybody but I think Vai still has some gas in the tank. I don't know how old that video is, though because I am too lazy to google it again. Hypocrite, I know.

How about Hines vs. Zbikowski?

Last edited by i82much; 06-21-2011 at 04:04 PM.