Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,302
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 323
Thanked 389 Times in 248 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Watch the documentary Loose Change in YouTube
...and there it is...
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
fart
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 33
Member Number: 18364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Watch the documentary Loose Change in YouTube

Read the 9-11 commission's report on the attacks and see if you can refute any of the scientific explanations they laid out.
fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 367 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

I'm not trying to start a 9/11 argument. The evidence is there, more then just youtube. The explanations in the 9/11 commission are hog wash, there's nothing to disprove from them, they are straight out lies. If you think there were that many anomolies in one day that's fine, I don't. But my argument was not really about that, it was about the right of speech. After the Tiger Woods issue was brought up, I do see it differently, it's all public opinion. It's a shame that it is the case, but I guess it is what it is.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
But my argument was not really about that, it was about the right of speech.
This is what was at issue when some of us originally debated Mendy's comments. Yes, he has the right to say what he wants. And people have the right to criticize what he says. And Champion has the right to not want him associated with their company.

"Freedom" of speech is a little misleading ... it often comes with a cost. Sure, you're free to say whatever you want, but you're going to be held accountable for what you say. That's a lesson Mendy obviously didn't learn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
austinfrench76
Head Coach
 
austinfrench76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,711
Member Number: 3516
Thanks: 862
Thanked 583 Times in 362 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Everyone has rights, both individual and corporately. They can choose to drop him as he could have chosen not to represent them. Just another awful, stupid, waste-of-time lawsuit.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #16
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
From Mendenhal's comments, it seems like he's saying that he doesn't think 9/11 was a regular terrorist attack, rather an inside job or done with inside help. So if he doesn't think Bin Laden was actually involved then I could see why he wouldn't cheer his death. I'm not saying I'm a 9/11 "truther" but there is overwhelming evidence that it was not a regular terrorist attack. So why should voicing your alternative opinion cost you a sponsorship?
Oh boy, "OPEN GIANT CAN OF WORMS HERE."

Here's the thing. FACT: The "establishment" mows you down if you
are a public person (actor, sports person, politician, et al) and question
the official version of the story; you will be taken down. It is the ultimate 3rd rail.
It might not happen overnight, but it will happen. Now, we can debate why
that is, but there is no question that if you publicly question the validity
of the official story, they are coming after you to ruin you one way or the other.
Every public person I can think of who openly questioned their story has
lost their job, been framed for some BS charge or have been some
how ruined.

Again, we can debate why that is, but there is no question that those who
question it get systematically taken down. If Mendy doesn't change his
tune soon, he will be done in the NFL. Bank on it. Charlie Sheen
questioned it. He lost the highest paid gig in TV. Was it all because
he is crazy or did he get set up to begin with? He had easily contained
his partying to perform at his job - staring in the most popular sitcom
on TV. It wasn't until that "woman" came out with her lame story that
he lost his gig. She was about as credible as the woman who framed
the IMF banker president. Steven Jones had a professor gig at BYU. Not any more.

Oh, and before the ideologues rush to claim that anyone who questions
it is crazy, then maybe you should ask yourself why so many experts such
as engineers, arch. and pilots have openly asserted that the official version
is simply impossible. Thousands of them.

http://www.ae911truth.org/
http://pilotsfor911truth.org/
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
This is what was at issue when some of us originally debated Mendy's comments. Yes, he has the right to say what he wants. And people have the right to criticize what he says. And Champion has the right to not want him associated with their company.

"Freedom" of speech is a little misleading ... it often comes with a cost. Sure, you're free to say whatever you want, but you're going to be held accountable for what you say. That's a lesson Mendy obviously didn't learn.
I actually respect RM for being aware enough to question when things
deserve to be questioned. His only error is choosing when and where
to fight the fight. You can't just grab that 3rd rail thinking you are bullet
proof. If he keeps it up, he will be out of the NFL soon. The NFL is
VERY much a part of the establishment. They will find an angle on
destroying his credibility and get him. He might be harder to nail than
a Charlie Sheen (who obviously had issues to easily take him down)
but they will at least make him out to be a loon, lose his high profile
job, so whenever he mentions this stuff, the vast majority will roll
their eyes and say he is a nut. He won't have any platform to preach
it. Speaking the truth is not a bullet proof vest. As a matter of fact,
speaking the truth often puts a bulls eye on your @ss.

That IMF president went against "the establishment" (not 911 stuff) and
how long did it take to produce a woman saying he sexually assaulted
her? I knew that stunk of a set up immediately. And now what? Turns
out she has a huge past of lying about this very thing.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by fart View Post
Read the 9-11 commission's report on the attacks and see if you can refute any of the scientific explanations they laid out.
Refute them? That's about as hard as falling off a moss-covered log.
How about their explanation for why 7 fell down? "At this point, we don't
know." Iron clad science indeed.

If 7 really fell down by just having a few small fires going, then they
would do an emergency research on that, as a steel framed
building has NEVER collapsed due to fires - not before or SINCE
then. But we are to believe it just kind of collapsed, at free fall
speed, in it's own footprint, from "small fires." Such a claim
is pure lunacy.

Who would have anything to gain from a false flag attack?
Who would have the motive?
Who would have the means?

Some guy hoping around caves? Yea, that's totally believable.
Why didn't they use any of the proven mode of crime investigation
for this? If you look at all the coincidences needed to make their
story true, it should blow your mind. Members of their own commission
have come out and said the investigation was a total fraud and they
could not stand by any of it.

Cell phones worked at 30,000 feet back then?
Steel melts at 800 degrees instead of the known scientific
temps needed, 2,500 degrees, which is impossible from
a fire of jet fuel and office furniture.

"Pilots" not capable of flying a single engine Cessna flew
a jumbo jet in a manner that expert pilots could not even
have pulled off.

Flying a 757 a few feet off the ground, at 500 MPH without scrapping
the ground? Not possible, according to pilots.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Good God - not this again!! I assume you've been watching Youtube videos with Thumper?
Yea, it's always a hoot when someone operating in ignorance
makes fun of someone who is educated. There is far more
than youtube vids out there, but what is wrong with youtube vids?
It's a medium, not a slanted source; it contains all things, good,
bad, accurate, loony, funny, serious, insightful, crap filled - all
of it.

This shallow minded stance clearly indicates America has plenty
of sheep with limited ability to think. So, let me ask? Are all books
accurate and truthful? No? Really? Then anything that's in a library
is now a joke since some books are not true. That is how ludicrous
your take on youtube is. It's that pathetic. When one doesn't grasp
the difference between a source and a type of medium, they
better keep their lawn mowing job, because they just don't have
the ability to think on anything but a very low level.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #20
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall plans to sue endorser for dropping him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
please show me the evidence because im extremly eager to hear this. as for the sponsor, they can chose who they want to represent there company and who they do not want


Why did #7 collapse? It didn't get hit with planes.
Why did Silverstein order to "pull it ?"
How could they fall at free fall speeds? Physically impossible.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts