Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17631
Default Re: The Official "We're Over .500" Thread

****! The Pirates lost to the Astros tonight thanks to a complete meltdown from Jose Veras. I don't want to talk about it, that was sad. C'mon Bucs, you gotta be better than that. We need to take the series tomorrow, we can't lose to garbage teams in that fashion.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #32
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Big comeback win earler today for da Bucs in Texas. Joel Hanrahan got his first blown save of the year in the 8th inning, but it really wasn't his fault as Veras was yanked for giving up a lead off base hit and a couple of really hard hit outs. The Bucs came back though and scored 3 runs in the 11th inning. Alex Presley was huge tonight as he had three RBIs, Kevin Correia also had a two run double in the second inning.

All in all, pretty crazy game, certainly not one that makes me EXTREMELY excited to face the Reds, but a wins a win, we'll take it.

Keep on battlin, BATTLIN BUCS!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #33
mcg24
Bench Warmer

The BATTLIN BUCS face off against the Reds' Dontrelle Willis tonight. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCS!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #34
mcg24
Bench Warmer

GET OFF ME NL CENTRAL! WE'RE IN FIRST PLACE ALL BY OURSELVES. THAT'S HOW WE DO BUSINESS AT HOME IN PITTSBURGH AIN'T THAT RIGHT BUCCOS? WE DON'T MESS AROUND AGAINST THE REDS!

CHARLIE ELECTRIC STUFF THROWS 5 INNINGS OF SCORELESS BALL AFTER HAVING TO ENDURE A COUPLE OF LONG RAIN DELAYS!

OH AND IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE ALL IN CAPS, CAUSE I'M ****ING SCREAMING AND I'M ****ING PUMPED!

TONY ****ING WATSON COMES THROUGH WITH 2 2/3 INNINGS OF AWESOME RELIEF WORK AND D CUTCH SHUTS DOWN THE REST OF THE INNING, THEN HAMMERTIME COMES IN IN THE 9TH AND DELIVERS WHAT ELSE???? THE HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DBACKS DELIVER AGAINST THE BREWERS TONIGHT AND THE CARDINALS DIDN'T PLAY, SO OUR BUCCOS ARE ALL BY THEMSELVES IN 1ST PLACE IN THE NL CENTRAL. THAT IS HOW WE ****ING DO IT PITTSBURGH. LET'S KEEP IT GOING. BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #35
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Our Buccos take on the Reds again tonight in Pittsburgh. Going for 6 straight wins against Cincinnati for the first time since 1991.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
mcg24
Bench Warmer

TENACITY! THE BATTLIN BUCS WILL NOT QUIT!

18 straight scoreless innings against the best offensive team in the NL. Still not convinced about the Buccos pitching staff yet? Well then you're a moron. James McDonald STILL hasn't made it through seven innings yet this year, but 6 1/3 very effective innings were enough to get the job done. He got in a major jam in the seventh, loading the bases with two of the best Reds hitters at the plate.

Joe Beimel struck out Jay Bruce. One of the biggest strikeouts in PNC Park history. I know that sounds like a stretch....but take into consideration PNC Park's history....yeah, exactly.

Then comes Chris Resop. I was really dogging this guy earlier in the year, it seemed like he just couldn't figure it out in pressure situations. Boy has this guy come around. He gets Stubbs to bounce out to second base and then proceeds to pitch a scoreless 8th.

Hanrahan comes in the 9th. His velocity looked a little down early in the inning, he was only topping out at 96, LOL! He let 2 men on base, then his velocity started to come back up to the 98 range. Hanny nails yet another one down, and the Buccos win again.

The Bucs are receiving major nationwide attention now, as we should be. We no longer have to scoreboard watch other teams after the night is over to see if the Buccos will be in 2nd or 1st place. If the Buccos win, we KNOW they are in first. This team is so solid. Unbelievable that last year we got our 51st win exactly two months from now. What an improvement! What a team! What a city! I LOVE THE BUCCOS, LET'S RIDE THIS PITCHING STAFF ALL THE WAY TO THE POSTSEASON!

BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #37
Wallace108

Member Number:

I have nothing to add. I just didn't want you to get lonely in here, mcg.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #38
mcg24
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I have nothing to add. I just didn't want you to get lonely in here, mcg.
Are you suggesting that you normally have something to add?

WELCOME ABOARD WALLY

Welcome to the lonely confines of the Pittsburgh Pirates section of the Steelers Fever forum!! It has been a cold and dark place for a long long time, but things are looking brighter and brighter every day. The BATTLIN BUCS have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE series starting up tomorrow in the Burgh against the St. Louis Cardinals. PNC Park should be sold out all three days, I wouldn't be surprised if there are attendance records broken. That place is going to be electric. I cannot wait to watch tomorrow. I know you don't love baseball Wally, but I hope you'll be tuning in!!!!

BEAT EM BUCS
Old 07-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #39
mcg24
Bench Warmer

MOOOOOOOOONSTER series kicking off tonight at 6:05 Central time at PNC Park. Pirates have the Cardinals in a 3 game weekend series. PNC Park is already sold out for all three nights.

BEAT EM BATTLIN BUCS. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 07-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #40
mcg24
Bench Warmer

NEAL HUNTINGTON WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING? Pedro Alvarez is tearing up triple A yet you continue to march Chase d'Arnaud out onto the field and he has been absolutely god awful so far. FIGURE IT OUT NEAL. We need bats, and that starts with bringing Pedro up.

The Pirates are down big to the Cardinals and are going to lose their third game in a row. Neal Huntington continues to sit on his ass and do something. I'm getting very frustrated because we are still in this division race but we are falling fast. ****ING DO SOMETHING NEAL.