Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #31
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Salary cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
We have a very good group of young wr with Wallace, brown and sanders. With hines still being here where exactly would Burress fit in, especially at the money he may desire. I am hopeful the Steelers say NO to Plax.
I'm not big on bringing in Plax, but I don't think he will cost big money.

Last edited by pancake; 07-30-2011 at 03:02 AM.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
Steelervinny
Water Boy

Member Number: 3199

We absolutely don't need Plax. We are stacked at Wide Receiver. I like Brown more than Sanders, and I love them both. We owe it to Ward to let him finish his career in the 'Burgh. Who even knows what Sweed could have been if he didn't drop two sure TD's that cost us victories in both games. We need to keep Diesel one more year and then let Ziggy run wild after that. We also owe it to Farrior to stay another year. Glad Flozell's gone (Too old), sad to see El gone (again) but it had to be done. And I loved Starks ever since he was ranked 94 speed in Madden about 4 years ago. Every interception he would catch up and clobber the guy. Awesome. But he was more size than skill.
Steelervinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #33
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

I just don't see how we can pick up Plaxico. While it would be nice to give Ben a big target, especially in the red zone, I don't see him taking the money that we would probably have to pay him
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #34
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
I just don't see how we can pick up Plaxico. While it would be nice to give Ben a big target, especially in the red zone, I don't see him taking the money that we would probably have to pay him
That's what I don't understand, how do we not have the money? I will admit that I really just started learning about how the salary cap works, but the Steelers NEVER sign a big free agent and although some of our players make good money, the Steelers usually don't give out big $$$ contracts. So how can the Jets and other teams buy up all kinds of expensive big name free agents and if we want one in the last 3 or 4 years then we can't afford it? I know that is the situation, I just don't understand it.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #35
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

I'm really interested in how the meeting with the Giants went...

I don't see us matching the Giants offer and even if we do I don't see Plax choosing the Burgh.

Still want to know how the meeting went though...

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #36
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I know some will give me the gears for this, but I would like to give Sweed 1 more opportunity to be the big red zone threat we are looking for. Plax , IMO, burned a bridge with us, acted foolishly and went to jail, and he DOES deserve another chance. But so does Sweed and we have him under contract for less money than it would cost to bring in Burress. Let's see how well Sweed does in the preseason, see if he has "grown up" Maybe if he has put his personal demons aside he can be a very good player for us. While Limus is still under contract I would like to see him get the opportunity, obviously the coaches think there might be something there or he would have been discarded.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #37
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelervinny View Post
We absolutely don't need Plax. We are stacked at Wide Receiver. I like Brown more than Sanders, and I love them both. We owe it to Ward to let him finish his career in the 'Burgh. Who even knows what Sweed could have been if he didn't drop two sure TD's that cost us victories in both games. We need to keep Diesel one more year and then let Ziggy run wild after that. We also owe it to Farrior to stay another year. Glad Flozell's gone (Too old), sad to see El gone (again) but it had to be done. And I loved Starks ever since he was ranked 94 speed in Madden about 4 years ago. Every interception he would catch up and clobber the guy. Awesome. But he was more size than skill.
We are not Stacked at wr...The potential is there...still very unproven
Old 07-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #38
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
We are not Stacked at wr...The potential is there...still very unproven
I agree. Hines will be done this year anyway, not like Brown and Sanders will never get a chance. We need him next year more then this year when Hines leaves, but in addition to Hines and Wallace this year gives the offense a #1 offense potential. I hope we get him
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #39
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

After our big cuts, we are still over the cap... I just read this on PG. We need Woodley to sign a long term deal.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #40
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
After our big cuts, we are still over the cap... I just read this on PG. We need Woodley to sign a long term deal.
By how much do you know? I'm too lazy to go look up an accurate article.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote