Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #111
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: I guess we're in the hunt for Plaxico again?

It would have been nice to have him, but it wasnt a necessety. Im over it. Ready to move on and start the season!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #112
xli...
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17864

Quote:
Originally Posted by solardave View Post
Why should we. We don't need Plaxico. Look at our track record and tell me we need to hunt down high (or even medium dollar) FA's.
Last year I thought our o-line woes were huge and we would have to do something. We did. We drafted a pro bowl center and made it to the big game. even then we used a backup center when Maurkice went down.
I've come to trust the FO when they yawn at all these free agents and then bring in someone like Flozell to get us to the big dance on the cheap.
Well they didn't really yawn at this FA, they had an afternoon of meetings, broke bread with players/coaches, etc.

I'm fine with the team not going after all these FA (with 6 rings they know what they are doing) but when they do go after one and it doesn't work out, it just kinda sucks.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #113
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,205 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xli... View Post
Who is still out there and looks affordable?
I've lobbied for Jason Snelling for a long time, RB/FB from Atlanta. He had a big body presence about him and can give Ben a reliable threat out of the backfield as well as share carries with Mendenhall if need be. A big body between the tackles but yet, can still catch swinging out to be a threat in the passing game.

Barber signed with the Bears, I always said he'd look great in Black and Gold. I'd like to see a push to land somebody. If not, Mewelde will get his last chance, along with Redman. Not sure what John Clay or Baron Batch would have to offer.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #114
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Haha, Sexy Rexy.

Something tells me Plax didn't see this:

Get use to it New York. You won't be going to 4 straight AFC Titles games.
Sickening thing is, he's still on tv talkin bout winning it all again.....That shits gettin old. When the end results produce pics like this it is priceless....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #115
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

I heard that he asked Mike Wallace for #17 and Wallace told him to go FCUK himself

That pretty much killed the deal
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #116
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Jets vs Eagles... 2011 Paper Champs Super Bowl... book it.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #117
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Three Super Bowl and four AFC championship appearances in the last 7 years - too bad the front office has nothing to show for how it has been spending its $$$.

It takes talent to achieve those results and talent gets paid or walks - Steelers are a veteran team that has lost only one FA in the last 7 years (Burress) who was in his prime when he left - that is why they are capped out

Your post would led one to believe the Steelers front office is as clueless as the Bills or Browns
The FO definetly makes good decisions, but I often wonder to how we are always so close every year without any big FA signings and teams like the Jets can buy as many guys as they want every year. You made a good point and I agree with you, the FO knows what it's doing, but I still don't see how we are always over or at the cap.

It sucks to see Burris go to the Jets. We would have beat the Jets in the regular season if not for some HORRIBLE calls at the end, or Spaeth's hands of stone, whichever you want to say lost it, and we smashed on them hard in the AFC championship game. It's a shame they ended up catching up so much, but we still beat them, and in the first half we destroyed them. That being said, and I know it sounds contradicting to what I just said, but how are we going to match up against Holmes and Burris? Is Edwards staying as a 3WR? Who do we have to cover these guys, Ike Taylor? He can play ok against one of them but not all game and not against both of them. Holmes against McFadden or Burris against McFadden is a nightmare for us. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I always believe the Steelers can win, but doesn't that sound horrible, McFadden covering one of these guys. I'm assuming Edwards will leave, but what if he doesn't. We don't play the Jets this year unless it's in the playoffs, but I can definetly see us against them in the playoffs. I'm not trying to rant or complain, it just doesn't sound good.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #118
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Ill take being bored during the offseason and signings every year if we keep putting a good team on the field.

Leave this time for the browns fans to be excited.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #119
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,142 Times in 2,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
tha deal was made over the phone
he was not even in their facilities
ESPN is reporting Plax was changing flights in Los Angeles on his way to meet with the 49ers (so much for the theory winning another championship was a big factor for Burress)

Plax's agent said he already had told the Eagles he would sign if they met his # - the Jets said can we get the same deal - Plax said yes, Jets offered a guaranteed $3 million (and $17,000) which Burress accepted.

This was all about the Benjamins - Steelers got played
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #120
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,205 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
ESPN is reporting Plax was changing flights in Los Angeles on his way to meet with the 49ers (so much for the theory winning another championship was a big factor for Burress)

Plax's agent said he already had told the Eagles he would sign if they met his # - the Jets said can we get the same deal - Plax said yes, Jets offered a guaranteed $3 million (and $17,000) which Burress accepted.

This was all about the Benjamins - Steelers got played
We were nothing but a pawn in his bag-o-tricks. Yes, you're right. We just got played worse than a woman in heat. Had no intentions on coming here.