Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #41
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
thats what you consider a real steeler fan, basically anyone that doesnt have a lot of money is not a real fan..


you are a moron... no point in even discuss this with you
Straw man argument alert. Never asserted only those fans with $
are real fans. But let me guess: Your response is another way of
saying, "I've never actually been to a game in Pgh." If you had been,
you'd know the difference between having done so and not. I can
see you don't know. OK, fine. Maybe you have been to Steelers games
in an away forum, closer to where you live. Have you don't that? Or
were you too busy playing Madden?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #42
Danny136200
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 245
Member Number: 17651
Thanks: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11213/1164346-66.stm

Really no surprise. I _knew_ this was the case before I ever
read it. I know this team, this ownership. Sad thing is, they
COULD have easily found the $ with some obvious moves
other teams make. Why didn't they? Because the Rooneys
_do_ purposely let their total salaries come up against the cap
so they have the excuse not to pay more. You don't think they
could make Smith, Foote and a few others re-do their deals
and have offered as much $ as NY did? As soon as I heard
Plex signed for $3 million, I told some guys at the gym, "I guarantee
you Pgh offered something closer to $2 million, not 3 and I bet
Pgh's deal wasn't guaranteed." And what is coming out now? That
very thing.

Imagine this team with Plex on one side, Wallace on the other.
That would have been strong. As it is now, I am not sure I like
our chances vs. NE or NY to win the AFC again. But if we got
Plex, and we could have, I would like our chances. They could have
easily found the space to sign him. But they just point at the cap
and use it as their excuse to not pay, when in fact, they could easily
make moves to find more room. Oh, and now Sanders had to have
another surgery on his foot. Not good.
You know, we HAVE to spend three million dollars on a 34 year old, egotistical, haven't played for 2 years because he shot himself, wide receiver, he would put us over the top!

Or, how about not spend that money, get under the cap, and let the young receivers that we have flourish.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #43
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,550
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Ok, I have been to a myriad of play off games, sitting in the cold, outside.
How many have you been to?
the only thing you keep bringing about in relation to a real steeler fan is having money to go to games..

and if you want to talk about going to games makes you a real fan, how about being there in December when Pittsburgh is out of the hunt, that would make you more of a "real" fan, then going to a playoff game
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #44
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,550
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Straw man argument alert. Never asserted only those fans with $
are real fans. But let me guess: Your response is another way of
saying, "I've never actually been to a game in Pgh." If you had been,
you'd know the difference between having done so and not. I can
see you don't know. OK, fine. Maybe you have been to Steelers games
in an away forum, closer to where you live. Have you don't that? Or
were you too busy playing Madden?
i have been to games before, like i said no point in arguing with someone like you.. not worth my time
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #45
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,711
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,872
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Ok, I have been to a myriad of play off games, sitting in the cold, outside.
How many have you been to?
Why would that matter to anyone who isn't self-absorbed and egotistical?

Do you HAVE to attend games to be a real fan?

(both rhetorical questions...the answer to each question respectively is "it shouldn't" and "hell no")

It seems this kind of topic gets tossed around every year....and it's usually started by some guy thumping his chest about how much more of a fan he is than anyone else. In the meantime all that does is make said individual(s) look like total jackasses...which is probably their main mission in life anyhow.


All you have to do to be a fan is cheer your team on, support their efforts and be loyal. Everything else is just extra. If people choose to spend their extra money on tickets and merchandise...fantastic for them. Not everybody can do that though. Simple fact of life. Sitting on a message board and judging other people's fandom though is completely asinine and ridiculous (not to mention sad).

/rant
__________________
Look at these eyebrows. These are attack eyebrows! They could take off bottle caps!
http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #46
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,550
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Why would that matter to anyone who isn't self-absorbed and egotistical?

Do you HAVE to attend games to be a real fan?

(both rhetorical questions...the answer to each question respectively is "it shouldn't" and "hell no")

It seems this kind of topic gets tossed around every year....and it's usually started by some guy thumping his chest about how much more of a fan he is than anyone else. In the meantime all that does is make said individual(s) look like total jackasses...which is probably their main mission in life anyhow.


All you have to do to be a fan is cheer your team on, support their efforts and be loyal. Everything else is just extra. If people choose to spend their extra money on tickets and merchandise...fantastic for them. Not everybody can do that though. Simple fact of life. Sitting on a message board and judging other people's fandom though is completely asinine and ridiculous (not to mention sad).

/rant

well said
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #47
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,711
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,872
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
You know, we HAVE to spend three million dollars on a 34 year old, egotistical, haven't played for 2 years because he shot himself, wide receiver, he would put us over the top!

Or, how about not spend that money, get under the cap, and let the young receivers that we have flourish.


Quoted for truth!

I don't get why so many are up in arms over Plax not signing here. Big freaking deal...I didn't want him back to begin with. And it's always easier to teach the young guys new tricks anyhow.
__________________
Look at these eyebrows. These are attack eyebrows! They could take off bottle caps!
http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #48
ebsteelers
Living Legend
 
ebsteelers's Avatar
 
SpeedPong Champion!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,550
Member Number: 18215
Thanks: 814
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,409 Posts
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post


Quoted for truth!

I don't get why so many are up in arms over Plax not signing here. Big freaking deal...I didn't want him back to begin with. And it's always easier to teach the young guys new tricks anyhow.
wouldnt people rather (if we needed to sign a wide out) malcom floyd? someone who played and produced last year, or randy moss (who would shut up for a year if needed)
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #49
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,711
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,872
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsteelers View Post
wouldnt people rather (if we needed to sign a wide out) malcom floyd? someone who played and produced last year, or randy moss (who would shut up for a year if needed)
Maybe, if you really feel you need a veteran presence on the team in that area. Myself, I get more excited about the younger group of players...and I'm pretty positive the coaches do too.

The WR position just wasn't one of my concerns this year, we just need a capable guy to come in for a decent price to fill El's spot basically. Don't need anything fancy, just someone capable and healthy.

The whole Plax thing just reeked like the Jagr thing did with the Pens. Just gambles that could end up being a waste of money.
__________________
Look at these eyebrows. These are attack eyebrows! They could take off bottle caps!
http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #50
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: $ was the reason Plex didn't join team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Why would that matter to anyone who isn't self-absorbed and egotistical?

Do you HAVE to attend games to be a real fan?

(both rhetorical questions...the answer to each question respectively is "it shouldn't" and "hell no")

It seems this kind of topic gets tossed around every year....and it's usually started by some guy thumping his chest about how much more of a fan he is than anyone else. In the meantime all that does is make said individual(s) look like total jackasses...which is probably their main mission in life anyhow.


All you have to do to be a fan is cheer your team on, support their efforts and be loyal. Everything else is just extra. If people choose to spend their extra money on tickets and merchandise...fantastic for them. Not everybody can do that though. Simple fact of life. Sitting on a message board and judging other people's fandom though is completely asinine and ridiculous (not to mention sad).

/rant
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts