Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001
Default Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is?

The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Are the "Experts" so Blind that They Cant See How Good Redman Is?

the experts don't watch the team as closely as we do. I think we're more qualified to call ourselves experts on the steelers than they are
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the experts don't watch the team as closely as we do. I think we're more qualified to call ourselves experts on the steelers than they are
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Absolutely correct about the experts! We know our team, they are asked to know every team. It's funny how alot of these guys say things that make you scratch your balls, er, your head.. Redzone could be big for us this year WITH Mendenhall playing!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
The Tribune Review's front article in the Sports section talks about how the Steelers are screwed if Mendenhall goes down with an injury. "Who is going to replace him?" they ask. They seem to think Mewelde would be the logical choice. They even discuss Baron Batch. They do say good things about Redman but criticize him for having no touchdowns in the redone. For God's sake he hardly ever got the ball in the redzone. When he did, he shined (I.e. Baltimore game). He had 52 carries for 247 yards, just under 5 yards a carry.
He also does the little things like pick up the blitz. I never hear anyone say this, but I think Redman has the potential to be a starter. If not for the Steelers, then some other team. It would be a great combination to have Mendenhall and Redman as our backs. I don't understand why Tomlin or Arians can't see how good Redman is.
I like Redman, he is a lunchpail type runner...I've seen nothing to suggest he is anything more than a backup though...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

I think the preseason games will determine how big of a role Redman will serve this season. I expect that he will see more playing time, however.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
INOX
Water Boy

Member Number: 2655

I think Redman is going to end up with significant production in 2011. I have a bad feeling about Rashard.
INOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #8
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
I think Redman is a solid back and good replacement for an injured Mendenhall and a good spot player and late game player
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 AM   #9
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Redmans ypc was higher then Mendenhalls. i think you can take Mendy out and give Redman 300 carries this season and we will run for just as many if not more yards
Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218

Do I like Redman...sure I do...He's a Steeler! But I'm not going to claim I know more than anybody else...I've seen his play, and I'm glad he's on our team...but I don't think he's better than Mendy....decent back up, and I hope he gets a lot of carries this year to save some wear off Mendy, but he's not a HOF back in waiting IMO...if I'm wrong, I'm wrong...but something in the thousands of plays he's run in practice must have shown the coaches something that in the dozens of plays we've missed out on. If he stays under the radar, maybe we can resign him for less money?
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote