Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177
Default Re: CB battle

So... do we have anyone (other than Ike) who can actually play corner this season or is our defense going to stick with the "Troy does something amazing or the other team throws a TD" defensive scheme again?
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,472 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
So... do we have anyone (other than Ike) who can actually play corner this season or is our defense going to stick with the "Troy does something amazing or the other team throws a TD" defensive scheme again?
i'm hoping for keenan lewis or crezdon butler to step up. butler looked good in last year's camp and lewis has another shot to prove himself. he definitely has the physical tools if he can keep up with wallace on a fly route. the main question mark with keenan is if he's mentally matured enough to be ready to go. if he doesn't pull a denver this preseason, i think he has a good chance.

curtis brown definitely won't be a starter this year but if he continues to impress maybe he will steal some time in the nickel package from gay.

if keenan / butler can step up and curtis brown is good enough to replace gay in the nickel, or at least be an effective #5 db against spread attacks, i think our secondary will be greatly improved.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #23
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I don't think the coaching staff understands the situation.Before you start, let's not claim them to be the smartest personnel in the NFL at picking rosters and starting players. I mean they're better than 25+ other teams at it, but they continuously make stupid mistakes that an average fan can spot from a mile away. You guys have to remember that Pouncey starting had little to do with him playing extremely well at camp. It was the injury to Justin Hartshit that allowed him to start day 1. If Hartshit was 100%, Pouncey would have been RG the entire season.

Bringing in Randle El and Arnaz Battle another hilarious blunder. If they would have let Sanders/Brown play from day 1 (let's be real, the world isn't going to end letting a rookie start at #3 receiver), maybe a guy like Brown wouldn't of been lost in the Super Bowl.

They are also absolutely horrible at finding quality DBs. Since Tomlin arrived, they've brought in guys like Gay, Lewis, Joe Burnett, Keiwan Ratliff,Anthony Madison, and others. I was horrified that a special teams ace saw the field during two playoff games. I mean what the hell were they thinking? They were so desperate 2 years ago that he had to bring back Bryant McFadden who was coming off a horrible year in Arizona.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote