Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,963 Times in 1,920 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Too early to say Ravens took a step back?

Just watched about 1 minute of Ravens Chiefs. Last time I checked Flacco was playing well into 3rd quarter. The only play I saw him make was an incomplete pass that hit his center in the back and he looked utterly frustrated. It was tied 10 apiece and the commentators said that oddly enough the only receiver he has had any success with was Lee Evans and that their timing isnt looking too good and Harbaugh should be concerned, they shouldn't have let go of so many staples (Heap, Mason, McGahee, etc., etc.

Yea yea it is only the 2nd preseason game - but a good bit of us seem excited about our guys' performance yesterday. So - any one willing to say that we might actually give the Ravens a solid beat down and dominate for once? Or - because of the matchup the chemistry between the two teams is just so that it will be close no matter what? When was the last time we won convincingly in Bmore? I'd love to send a message wk 1 to the rest of the division and league. Thoughts?
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Too early to say Ravens took a step back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Just watched about 1 minute of Ravens Chiefs. Last time I checked Flacco was playing well into 3rd quarter. The only play I saw him make was an incomplete pass that hit his center in the back and he looked utterly frustrated. It was tied 10 apiece and the commentators said that oddly enough the only receiver he has had any success with was Lee Evans and that their timing isnt looking too good and Harbaugh should be concerned, they shouldn't have let go of so many staples (Heap, Mason, McGahee, etc., etc.

Yea yea it is only the 2nd preseason game - but a good bit of us seem excited about our guys' performance yesterday. So - any one willing to say that we might actually give the Ravens a solid beat down and dominate for once? Or - because of the matchup the chemistry between the two teams is just so that it will be close no matter what? When was the last time we won convincingly in Bmore? I'd love to send a message wk 1 to the rest of the division and league. Thoughts?
As much as I'd like to agree, I can't. If we took our loss to the Skins as evidence, we'd have a horrible season, so I put little stock in the Ravens struggles so far. The Ravens will be fine & will fight us all season for the AFCN....unfortunately.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

It's never too early to write off the Ravens. **** them.

Sure, it's wishful thinking, but how awesome would it be to see them look like they did in the Kyle Boller/ailing Steve MacNair era?
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,963 Times in 1,920 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Ok - so the real question is...What would you take - A. A severe whooping of Baltimore at Baltimore or B. A severe whooping of New England this year at home (yea, yea - I want both too!) Heck I'll take C. Both A and B AND having to meet them both in the playoffs again and beating them again lol
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

90% of NFL games come down to less than 10 points difference. This game will be no different.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,742 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

losing mason and heap was a big blow to them. leron mcclain and mcgahee leaving didnt help either. i think the ravens will still be tough but not as good as last year. last season was their best chance to win it all and they blew it imo
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370

I think it will all come down to their consistancy on offense. Their defense will probably just like last year. With their offence, Flacco and his recievers aren't really clicking. Behind Ray rice who do they have? TE? Back up QB? From watching a little bit of their games they lack the consistancy; all they have is the occasional splash play. IMO
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Ok - so the real question is...What would you take - A. A severe whooping of Baltimore at Baltimore or B. A severe whooping of New England this year at home (yea, yea - I want both too!) Heck I'll take C. Both A and B AND having to meet them both in the playoffs again and beating them again lol
I think I hate the Patsies more than the Ravens. However, I'm surrounded by Ravens fans where I live & have to hear their shizz every time the beat us. So....I'll take the Ravens............................................ ..............and the Pats........
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

The ravens will always be in our face trying to pull us down....

I remember the 05 MNF game against them when they had like half their D on IR and Anthony Wright at QB.....yet we were still in a knife fight with them till the last play

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200510...tory/tab:watch
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200510...cap-full-story

I expect nothing less for years to come

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote