Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Over all game musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Gay did a great job. No one seems to want to say it, but there you have it. He's not the answer long-term, but when he's good he's good.
Because he is the whipping boy for our crappy coverage....Dare not say Clark and Farrior can't cover or Smith and Keisel get no pass rush...
Old 08-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Because he is the whipping boy for our crappy coverage....Dare not say Clark and Farrior can't cover or Smith and Keisel get no pass rush...
Gosh darn the safety and inside linebacker that can't cover speedy wr's or tall TE's! Or the 3-4 ends that don't rush the passer and instead do their jobs and first stop the run, and second open lanes for the all world LB's harrison and woodley to rack up 10+ sacks each year. Gosh those guys are useless!

Nevermind that they might not get sacks, but are always active in racking up QB hurries...but nahhhh they are useless b/c they don't get sacks. steelthebroken record
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by solardave View Post
99% bad 1% OK. that's Gay. Can't cover, can't tackle. The 1% is the rare play he makes.
Gay is actually a pretty good tackler. Same goes with McFadden who's one of the best tackling corners in the league.

But both are very bad in coverage.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
So in one week we went from being the team with the biggest concerns to being a super bowl contender...

Maybe it's time you pay homage to me (among many others) who said don't put too much stock in the first preseason game But if herm edwards said so... who are we to question his (and yours) opinion? How come your vision didn't keep you from freaking out last week after the redskins game and cry chicken little all over the boards?

For the same reason we said don't put too much stock in the last game, I wouldn't go putting too much in this game either. CB and OL will still be major weaknesses against certain teams, while against others it may not be noticeable. I think the strength of the OL is on running downs. If we can continue to be impressive running the ball we will be able to dictate the game and keep defenses guessing. It's on obvious passing downs that we will be in trouble. This is still a new line and I'm confident later in the season they will gel much like they did last year. And if not, well thats why ben gets paid the big bucks, scramble and make something happen with his legs. Was impressed with the shape he is in. Looks in midseason form, but still making some bad decisions with the ball imo. If I see him flail the ball around when he is being tackled like he did so many times last year I'm going to scream.
Umm, it's not too hard to figure out, FATHines. Last week, they looked
horrible. This week they gave a much better effort. If they came in giving
the same effort as they did last week, I would have similar takes as I did
then. Do you always make simple things in your life confusing? It's really
not complicated, unlike your facebook relationship setting.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
finesward
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Umm, it's not too hard to figure out, FATHines. Last week, they looked
horrible. This week they gave a much better effort. If they came in giving
the same effort as they did last week, I would have similar takes as I did
then. Do you always make simple things in your life confusing? It's really
not complicated, unlike your facebook relationship setting.
Last week they looked like a team uninspired to play a preseason football game against the washington redskins IN washington. Wow that was a shocker! A veteran laden team with not many real position battles coming out flat against a team with position battles at almost EVERY single position, with much more to prove. You balked and huffed and puffed that the end was near and ben was going to get killed and the front office was sooooo stupid for not fixing the db's and OL and this week you've completely changed your tune. Who's the one confused?

Did you really just try to use facebook in an insult? wowwwww.... Are you allowed to be in a relationship with yourself on facebook? Just curious as to what yours says...
Old 08-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Last week they looked like a team uninspired to play a preseason football game against the washington redskins IN washington. Wow that was a shocker! A veteran laden team with not many real position battles coming out flat against a team with position battles at almost EVERY single position, with much more to prove. You balked and huffed and puffed that the end was near and ben was going to get killed and the front office was sooooo stupid for not fixing the db's and OL and this week you've completely changed your tune. Who's the one confused?

Did you really just try to use facebook in an insult? wowwwww.... Are you allowed to be in a relationship with yourself on facebook? Just curious as to what yours says...
Oh, it was an _AWAY_ game last week. Of course they can't be
expected to put forth any effort. That explains everything.

And I didn't completely change anything; I reacted appropriately to their
play, ding dong. Speaking of ding dongs, don't eat too many!
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
ding dong. Speaking of ding dongs, don't eat too many!
[YOUTUBE]T-3Iq3XQkAw[/YOUTUBE]
Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
finesward
Team Captain

Yes it was an away game, and if you think that had nothing to do with the intensity maybe you missed woodley after the game saying they wanted to come out and show the city of pitt what they were capable of. (in so many words) And it was the FIRST preseason game, of course there was going to be some issues. But I didn't go quoting HERM edwards saying the sky is falling now did I?? I mean come on, herm edwards...nuff said.

Quote:
Umm, it's not too hard to figure out, FATHines
Quote:
Speaking of ding dongs, don't eat too many!
And what's with the assertion that I'm overweight? lol I'm like 175 soaking wet. Your really grasping for straws aren't ya dump?