Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,558
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,616
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Have you guys even watching both these guys play? DJ also is a top
level kick and punt returner. MW is a like a modern day Lofton or Alvin
Harper - both great players but they all only do 1 thing: go deep. DJ can
do much, much more. He is more explosive over all. I like MW just fine.
Love him, in fact. But DJ is the better over all player.
your cup of idiot juice doth runneth over.

are you freaking blind? do bottom line numbers and stats mean anything to you?

your boy desean jackson had 20 punt returns last year for a paltry 231 yds and 1 td. add his 2 fumbles and the fact that he had no kickoff returns and even antonio brown is twice as good of a returner he is.

mike wallace simply outproduces him in a more run oriented offense, where he isnt even the legitimate #1 receiving option.

geeze, youre a moron.

why dont you go say something else in another thread and see if you can make yourself look like an even bigger ass.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #22
DanRooney
Head Coach
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,837
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 136 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Of course you can find a few plays that are not go routes. But the
vast majority of his plays are, or, the ones that work any ways. On
4th down in the Super Bowl, they tried some shorter pass play
for MW and it ended up an incompletion to end our chances. The
play sucked; never had a chance.

I am not complaining about MW at all. Love that they got lucky on the
pick. But I am just saying that DJ is the slightly better player. Great
players make great plays when they count most. DJ leads in the category.
Many players can make plays when they are on top. Great ones make
the plays during crunch time. MW did _not_ get it done in the Super Bowl.
Ben's fault as well. He overthrew him an other receivers all night and targeted him way too many f'n times. I'm sure the Packers gameplan was to contain Wallace at all cost after what he did to them the first time.
__________________
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
thumper
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,192
Member Number: 13415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
your cup of idiot juice doth runneth over.

are you freaking blind? do bottom line numbers and stats mean anything to you?

your boy desean jackson had 20 punt returns last year for a paltry 231 yds and 1 td. add his 2 fumbles and the fact that he had no kickoff returns and even antonio brown is twice as good of a returner he is.

mike wallace simply outproduces him in a more run oriented offense, where he isnt even the legitimate #1 receiving option.

geeze, youre a moron.

why dont you go say something else in another thread and see if you can make yourself look like an even bigger ass.
OK, "Tony HipFAT" whatever you say. I guess everyone in a Steelers'
uniform is automatically better than all other players at their position.
Did you even graduate high school? GED at least? You attempt to use
the English language is embarrassing. DJ is a mad baller. MW is good
but great players make great plays when they are in the biggest games.
MW failed to do that. Even Hines found a way to drop a TD on GB.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
DanRooney
Head Coach
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,837
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 136 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Well Peyton Manning must not be great. He makes the worst plays in the biggest games.
__________________
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,558
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,616
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
OK, "Tony HipFAT" whatever you say. I guess everyone in a Steelers'
uniform is automatically better than all other players at their position.
Did you even graduate high school? GED at least? You attempt to use
the English language is embarrassing. DJ is a mad baller. MW is good
but great players make great plays when they are in the biggest games.
MW failed to do that. Even Hines found a way to drop a TD on GB.
easy there, ChubDumper. you cant run that limp wristed, donald chump smack on me.

just because you got schooled, is no reason to make the ultimate desperation reach for some 3rd grade playground, english class smack.

especially when your wordplay is like giving a dictionary an abortion.

you lose, clown.

once you prove your "football knowledge" is beyond tecmo bowl level, then you can come at me. until then, save yourself the humiliation.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

oh snap how did I ever forget about Tecmo Bowl

theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #27
sharkweek
Head Coach
 
sharkweek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,867
Member Number: 14205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Jackson is obviously the more notorious player but that's only because he's had more opportunities to dazzle us watching him with the football in his hands, that certainly doesn't mean he's the better WR or even better player, he's just the more exciting one. When we hit the "home run" with Wallace its not as exciting as an "in the park home run" from Jackson, but the resulting TD nets the same points, and we get more such results from Wallace than the Eagles do from Jackson.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #28
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer
 
SteelersTilIDie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 350
Member Number: 4943
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
IMO Wallace is the better all around reciever. His route running improved last season to the point he is now considered our #1 wide out. He BLOCKS, something you see very little of from Jackson. He is humble and not at all like the self promoting Jackson. Wallace is still working on his rookie contract, which he has outplayed, but he keeps coming to work putting TEAM ahead of himself, Jackson holds out and acts like a spoiled brat, NO, I will take Wallace any time over Jackson.

DeSean Jackson is the better all around receiver at this point. He is a way better route runner than Wallace and has been the Eagles #1 receiver since his rookie year. So what if Jackson doesn't block and him showboating has nothing to do with his receiving skills. Jackson is one of the top 15 receivers in the league and deserves to make more than $800,000 a year, and has had 3 good years on his rookie contract, not 1. He was the only receiver in the league last year with a higher yards per catch than wallace too. I would take him over Wallace right now. In addition, he is one of the best punt returners in the league. Also, I hate this argument about hold outs. A player isn't a 'spoiled brat' when he out-performs his contract and holds out for a new one, because if a player under-performs the team either forces him to take a serious pay cut or releases him. Wallace really has no argument about a new contract with only one good year under his belt.


Wallace Career Stats-99 catches for 2,013 yards and 16 TD with a 20.3 yard average
Jackson Career Stats-171 catches for 3,124 yards and 17 TD with an 18.3 yard average.

72 more catches for 1,111 more yards and 1 more TD.
__________________

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll

Last edited by SteelersTilIDie; 08-22-2011 at 11:43 AM.
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #29
DanRooney
Head Coach
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,837
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 136 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
DeSean Jackson is the better all around receiver at this point. He is a way better route runner than Wallace and has been the Eagles #1 receiver since his rookie year. So what if Jackson doesn't block and him showboating has nothing to do with his receiving skills. Jackson is one of the top 15 receivers in the league and deserves to make more than $800,000 a year, and has had 3 good years on his rookie contract, not 1. He was the only receiver in the league last year with a higher yards per catch than wallace too. I would take him over Wallace right now. Also, I hate this argument about hold outs. A player isn't a 'spoiled brat' when he out-performs his contract and holds out for a new one, because if a player under-performs the team either forces him to take a serious pay cut or releases him. Wallace really has no argument about a new contract with only one good year under his belt.


Wallace Career Stats-99 catches for 2,013 yards and 16 TD with a 20.3 yard average
Jackson Career Stats-171 catches for 3,124 yards and 17 TD with an 18.3 yard average.

72 more catches for 1,111 more yards and 1 more TD.
Cool story bro, but DeSean has been in the league for one more year than Wallace. Wallace on avg beats DeSean regarding statistics, unless you think Wallace isn't going to have 1,111 yards with less than 1 TD next year.
__________________
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,558
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,616
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default Re: MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
72 more catches for 1,111 more yards and 1 more TD.
...with 1 more year on a team with scrub receivers, that doesnt even pretend to know how to run the ball.

if the eagles had santonio holmes and hines ward, jackson, in his rookie year, woulda looked about as good as freddie mitchell.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts