Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4943
Default What I Love About the Steelers

Here's what I love about the Steelers. They are amazing at replenishing and developing young talent. Hines Ward is old and will retire sooner rather than later, but the Steelers have Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders behind him being groomed to replace him. Our two defensive ends are old, so we have Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward, two young good first round picks, waiting in the wings. At linebacker, Farrior and Harrison are getting up there, but Sylvester and Worilds are waiting their turn. At corner, behind aging starters Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden we have Keenan Lewis, Curtis Brown, and Donovan Warren. The Steelers are a machine and I love every bit of it.

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,877 Times in 4,503 Posts
Default Re: What I Love About the Steelers

i love it too. its a well run organization that sticks to a winning formula.

im getting sick of fans who arent in tune with the steelers way, who constantly bitch about keeping aging veterans who are proven leaders and champions, as soon as a rookie "replacement" is drafted.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Pittsburgh43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16073

Definitely feel the same way.

Tony: That's an awesome picture you have as your avatar.
Pittsburgh43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:59 AM   #4
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I agree, the team knows how to stay on top and always have top notch players, I love that. I love Pittsburgh (the few times I've been), I love the Steelers style of play, who they are and what they stand for, I love how it's different being a Steeler fan then it is any other team. Most of all I love that on gameday, I know someone is getting knocked the f*#$ out!!!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #5
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i love it too. its a well run organization that sticks to a winning formula.

im getting sick of fans who arent in tune with the steelers way, who constantly bitch about keeping aging veterans who are proven leaders and champions, as soon as a rookie "replacement" is drafted.
I absolutely agree with everything said. The knock from all the negatives is the o-line. Our problem there the way I see it is we just win to many games. What a dilemma,huh?
I guess they think we should throw some games,have a couple loosing seasons so we can draft blue chip o-linemen and then we can start winning again. Or we could sell the farm for free agents like the Redskins, Cowboy, and Raiders because we all know they're right in the hunt every year. Right?

No thanks I'll praise the FO for the way they do it. They hit home runs more than they strike out. And our coaching staff knows how to get the best out the the ones they line up. If the Steelers moved away and I was forced to root for another team I'd quit watching the game,PERIOD!!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,915 Times in 2,321 Posts
My Mood: Fine

totally agree. i am hoping and praying that we pick up a huge win at baltimore in wk 1. that will go a long way in taking the sb 45 loss out of my mouth. that would really give us a jump on the division and instill some confidence for the long haul. i wasn't even upset at the loss as i thought i would be at first - it has taken a while to brew. the nfl network keeps previewing that super bowl champs video with the packers where they talk about the belt and clay matthews hair. im getting so sick of hearing about it. i really hope someone can knock them out this year. of course, the best medicine would be to get some revenge against the patriots in the playoffs and get a rematch with green bay. it would be the toughest road but if we get a 7th lombardi that way a lot of people would shut up for a long time. rambling now . . .
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

of course it doesn't matter what others say - just getting sick of hearing from some annoying patriots fans about we didn't belong in the super bowl because if they faced us in the afc they would have easily beat us. supposedly we are lucky to have our last 3 super bowl appearances/wins because we havent had to face them . . .just want that chance some day - i have a feeling the outcome would be different
Old 08-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
of course it doesn't matter what others say - just getting sick of hearing from some annoying patriots fans about we didn't belong in the super bowl because if they faced us in the afc they would have easily beat us. supposedly we are lucky to have our last 3 super bowl appearances/wins because we havent had to face them . . .just want that chance some day - i have a feeling the outcome would be different
Wow you just did a lot of rambling! Its okay thought because I agree with all of it! I hope and believe that this year we can easiily beat the Patriots!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallabeast17 View Post
Wow you just did a lot of rambling! Its okay thought because I agree with all of it! I hope and believe that this year we can easiily beat the Patriots!
Patriots will be a tough game, but as i have stated before, I think the ratbirds are gonna get there asses handed to them on opening day this year. I just have that feeling! ( not that it really carries credit) LOL! Big ben is gonna light up there secondary and leave the door open for severe running attack. They wont know what to defend, pass run huh???
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

heck to the yes. lol. I think we are going to raise some eyebrows with the offense. If we can just pick up where we left off last year when the O-line was healthy we are in business.

"Driver's seat..."