Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #31
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Steelers Extend Lawrence Timmons 5 years $50 mil

I really like that we got Timmons and Woodley locked up. With Worilds and Sylvester having there whole careers ahead of them, the Steelers will carry on the tradition of having an excellent LB corps.With Ward, Smith, Farrior, Hampton, and Harrison so close to retirement, I think it's safe to say that at least one of them will retire at the end of the season, most likely 2. If we win the SB I would say most likely 3. That will free up room and the cap will go up. The FO will not let Wallace or Polamalu go. Wallace is probably our Ward of the future, I don't mean that in capability or style of play, but he will most likely be the face of our receiving corps.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #32
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

This was easily the best move of the offseason. He's our most versatile and athletic LBer and I guarantee you he'll eventually be the best ILB in the NFL. The media and some of you guys won't realize it though since he plays on the Steelers and they tend to think the greats on the defensive side of the ball play on shitty teams.

Timmons isn't the future or a future star. He' now. Rewatch every game this season. You can argue he played better than Patrick Willis (he absolutely did in the first six games of the season).
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #33
DanRooney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I really like that we got Timmons and Woodley locked up. With Worilds and Sylvester having there whole careers ahead of them, the Steelers will carry on the tradition of having an excellent LB corps.With Ward, Smith, Farrior, Hampton, and Harrison so close to retirement, I think it's safe to say that at least one of them will retire at the end of the season, most likely 2. If we win the SB I would say most likely 3. That will free up room and the cap will go up. The FO will not let Wallace or Polamalu go. Wallace is probably our Ward of the future, I don't mean that in capability or style of play, but he will most likely be the face of our receiving corps.
Worilds has been shitting the bed.

Responding to the other posts, without a doubt Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke will be gone after this season. Hampton has 2-3 years left in him. Farrior should be gone but he'll continue to hinder the development of Sylvester for 2-3 seasons. Same goes with Ward in regards to Brown/Sanders. Hopefully we win this year so he'll retire.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #34
dreegking
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18661

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Worilds has been shitting the bed.

Responding to the other posts, without a doubt Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke will be gone after this season. Hampton has 2-3 years left in him. Farrior should be gone but he'll continue to hinder the development of Sylvester for 2-3 seasons. Same goes with Ward in regards to Brown/Sanders. Hopefully we win this year so he'll retire.
You have a lot of sour opinions. I am all for moving forward and such - but you never seem to show any gratitude for a player's service. Especially, when it comes to world class players.

The young guys will get more time than the vets when they are actually better contributors. Get a grip.
dreegking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #35
DanRooney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
You have a lot of sour opinions. I am all for moving forward and such - but you never seem to show any gratitude for a player's service. Especially, when it comes to world class players.

The young guys will get more time than the vets when they are actually better contributors. Get a grip.
Not really sour. Just honest about the whole situation. I wouldn't put Rod Woodson on the field today just because he's one of the best players to ever wear our uniform or my favorite player of all time.

He might be an upgrade over Gay though tbh.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #36
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
There is no way on earth they will let Wallace get away. Are you kidding? He has the potential to be one of the top WRs in the NFL over the next few years. Get real. They will find a way to keep him on the team.
Hines Ward notwithstanding, all of our WRs move along after their rookie contract. Steelers don't seem to believe in paying them bank.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #37
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4943

Burress and Santonio are douchebags though that's why they're gone...they also were a constant threat to be suspended so they weren't worth a $50 million investment

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #38
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
Burress and Santonio are douchebags though that's why they're gone...they also were a constant threat to be suspended so they weren't worth a $50 million investment
After Burress' little presser following the NE playoff loss it seemed pretty clear to me he had a ****ed up attitude.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #39
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Santonio's a stoner, like most everyone on this very board, I suspect. I'm not sure anyone here knows him well enough to call him a "douchebag". Seems more like sour grapes than an accurate assessment.