Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #41
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: bengals suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
for one, culpepper has actually made it to the playoffs more than ONCE and led the legue in something.

for 2, culpeppers injury was at the beginning of the season 05, not the end of the season in 06. hes closer along to being back in action.

carson just cant skip over the healing and rehab phase of his injury. its just reality
I'm not knocking Culpepper's playing ability in regards to his signing with Miami...I am saying that there should at least be some questions surrounding his health going into next season, especially since he's a mobile QB. Weren't original reports saying that Culpepper would miss half of next season, too? What happened to that? If he's recovering quicker than expected, then why isn't that a possibility for Carson too?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #42
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I agree there's alot of questions surrounding Daunte's health for this year. The kind of injury he had and when it occured.. you just cant rush a guy like that back and try to harness him in.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:37 PM   #43
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

Now they are saying culpepper may or may not be ready to go ... is all smoke to me,
Plain and simple truth is the Dolphins and Bengals both better have someone ready to go in case. I dont know Palmers particualr situation but i would presume that if Culpepper's injury happened earlier in the season and he is questionable, since Plamers happened aot later that he would prolly need more time to heal.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #44
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
Now they are saying culpepper may or may not be ready to go ... is all smoke to me,
Plain and simple truth is the Dolphins and Bengals both better have someone ready to go in case. I dont know Palmers particualr situation but i would presume that if Culpepper's injury happened earlier in the season and he is questionable, since Plamers happened aot later that he would prolly need more time to heal.
Palmer's injury wasn't nearly as bad as Culpepper's. Culpepper tore his ACL, MCL and PCL, Palmer tore only his ACL and MCL. The PCL is by far the worst because it requires you to rehab much more slowly and sometimes it requires a second surgery a year after the initial surgery in order to fix the other ligaments. Therefore, Culpepper's injury requires much more recovery time. If anybody's injury was career threatening, it was Culpepper's.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #45
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,790 Times in 3,689 Posts

rod woodson and palmer had the same injuries. r. woodson was the 1st player to have that injury and play in the same year. woodson got hurt the 1st game of the season and returned for a few token plays in sb XXX. i dont know if anyone has returned in less time since then.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #46
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Palmer's injury wasn't nearly as bad as Culpepper's. Culpepper tore his ACL, MCL and PCL, Palmer tore only his ACL and MCL. The PCL is by far the worst because it requires you to rehab much more slowly and sometimes it requires a second surgery a year after the initial surgery in order to fix the other ligaments. Therefore, Culpepper's injury requires much more recovery time. If anybody's injury was career threatening, it was Culpepper's.
Your right, and Culpepper like to run around, things have now chenged for him
Old 04-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #47
Palmers Knee

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggetyDank
I think that Palmer's injury is way worse than the Bungholes are letting on, but one thing makes me wonder - if they know this, why the hell would they get rid of Kitna? He was one of the best backups in the league. I'm assuming of course that the Bengals front office isn't stupid - after all, they've always made the right personnel moves in the past. Is Akili Smith still available?
On Palmer...
Okay, I couldn't get through the entire thread before commenting, and this post requires a response. No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected. I think the fact that they didn't overspend to bring in Martin or Harrington shows they feel pretty confident about him being back on time, much like what they've been saying for months now.

On Kitna...
The stories about Chad getting into that fight with Hue Jackson were "fabricated" in Marvin's words. And after all of that took place, he backed Chad and said publicly that the leak will not be with the team next year. Just recently I heard that Kitna was that "leak", so no matter how good of a back-up he was, Marvin won't keep those guys around. And seeing how the Bengals just extended Chad's contract through 2011, I think it's safe to say that that story was indeed "fabricated", if not at the very least "imbellished".

On Steelers Fans...
I'm not on here to be a prick or stir the pot, I just like to hear other teams opinions, regardless of how "blow hardish" they can be at times. But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck". That's just plain stupid. They have arguably the best offense in the NFL now that Edge is in Arizona, and the majority of their defense is young, the same defense that played all of last year without either of their starting safties. So if you want to bash the Bengals, go right ahead. But also realize they beat you at home and lead you at half in the playoffs, something no other team managed to do. Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer.

So here's to an exciting season and hopefully two great games betweeen Cincy & Pittsburgh. I hope for competition sake, Carson is healthy for both games. Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?

Last edited by Palmers Knee; 04-26-2006 at 08:01 PM.