Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001
Default Re: What I Love About the Steelers

We have the talent at receiver to really open it up. But I don't know if the offensive line can give Ben enough time. That's why I'm in favor of running the ball more this year. Run Mendenhall and Redman at the defense for awhile, set up the playaction and hit one of our receivers deep.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 View Post
Patriots will be a tough game, but as i have stated before, I think the ratbirds are gonna get there asses handed to them on opening day this year. I just have that feeling! ( not that it really carries credit) LOL! Big ben is gonna light up there secondary and leave the door open for severe running attack. They wont know what to defend, pass run huh???
I agree.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick

What do I love about the Steelers?

Everything!!!
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

What team in sports is constantly having rule changes to try and keep them from being too good?
The Mel Blount rule that prevented the bump and run on receivers.
The Hines Ward Rule that protects defenders from blind side blocks.
The new rules against shots to the head known as the Steeler's Rule.
Unbelievable. Now even a rule that will call "in the grasp" sooner eliminating some of Big Ben's extended plays. There's even on the good side the Rooney Rule about hiring minorities.

I also love:
Amazing franchise with Legendary players, coaches, and teams. What other team had The Bus, Mean Joe Greene, Jack Splat, & Big Ben. You don't hear other teams calling other players by nicknames. Marketing merchandise around The Steel Curtain and the Terrible Towel, and throw in a legendary Radio Voice like Myron Cope, TV movies with Joe Greene and one on Rocky Blier's life story played by Robert Urich, a Legendary Pepsi Commercial with Mean Joe. Once again Amazing and like no other team maybe in history.

And a defense that kicks butt and has been kicking butt for a long time. If you remember Gregg Lloyd playing then you remember the fear in opposing players eyes when he was coming at them. To this day I have not seen that kind of fear.

I love it all. The mystique, the legends, the intimidation, and most importantly the Super Bowls.

As John Facenda once said in an NFL Film on the Steelers "Some say there is the National Football League and then there is the Pittsburgh Steelers." How true those words really are.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #15
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

This is one of the things I love too. I took great pride in pointing out when we won Super Bowl XL that with a few exceptions (Farrior, Bettis, Mike Logan, and few others) that the entire team was comprised of guys either drafted by us or signed in UDFA. I guess that's why it always amuses me when I hear us compared to teams like the Yankees. Yeah both clubs are successful but we don't solve our problems with free agency. We build from the ground up and I think it's why our teams consistency have strong chemistry. It's a big reason why I never liked the Redskins especially since Snyder bought them.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote