Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Default Re: Dick LeBeau

Really 20% new playbook? That is a lot of plays.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #12
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
I believe we will be fine at the season of the season. Teams will probably throw 40 plus times a game on us and that will wear the Defense down.
Fortunately our schedule is weaker than normal. We can handle average teams.
the steelers tend to play down against weaker opponents.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #13
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want1MoreSB View Post
Now that the teams have figured out how to counter Dick's defensive schemes, do you think he will come up with new schemes this season. Now, I am not going to blame him for the SB loss. But I do think he could have done better against the high potent GB offense. I wonder why he has not addressed the DBs (slowness) issue yet. It's sort of ironic that both Dick and Mike T. have been DB players and coaches in the past.
no, it will be the same. 8 to 10 yard cushions and bland pass rushing. also, if harrison's back hindering him the defense will surely feel it.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #14
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

he is one of the best ever yet people think he's getting old just because of one bad game. its impossible to shut down every team every game especially when your playing against a QB like Rodgers.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

Look like LeBeau is going blitz the d-backs more then he has the last couple of years.
effyou515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
Want1MoreSB
Water Boy

Member Number: 18699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Yeah - LeBeau really should have told Polamalu and Harrison not to get hurt before the Super Bowl
Hmmm.....if the success of our defense depends upon two players, then we are in trouble. Actually, GB had a lot more injuries than our team. I think they had at least 11 players on IR. As I said, I am not blaming Dick for the loss. I believe our offense and STs were responsible for giving up 21 points. Ben threw an INT from the end zone after our ST screwed up. Ben had a chance to pull it off but couldn't. At the end of the day, GB as a team played the game at a much higher level than our team.
Want1MoreSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #17
Want1MoreSB
Water Boy

Member Number: 18699

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Not very many teams have figured out his schemes. The fact that the type of offense that beats us is the same is not a coincidence but still most teams can't beat us with it. The Pats always beat us with it, the Packers have ONCE, but nobody else is able to beat us using that offensive style. We are not going to struggle against just any team that spreads the field, goes 2 TE, etc., but the Pats and at least once the Packers, have been able to show that if a really good team uses those plays that they can beat us. That being said, I hope he did a lot of new stuff for if we play a capable offense that spreads the field like the Packers, and maybe the Colts and Falcons. I hope we have a total different game scheme for Brady this year.
That's a good analysis--thanks. I am new to this forum and I like this much better than the other "message board".

You are right, Belichic has created the "blue print" on how to beat our defense consistently. Having said that, Mike T. has been able to beat him once and Rex Ryan has done a good job as well. I hope our team can somehow manage to beat the crap out of Brady & co.
Want1MoreSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #18
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,370 Posts

First off, I fully believe that out of any team out there - the Steelers are the masters at not showing all their cards - and yes, even in a regular season game. The blatant prevent we used against the Patriots was hilarious. Am I saying we let them beat us? Heck no! Am I saying that we had something saved for a potential rematch? You betcha!

Secondly - regardless of all the mistakes of the secondary and the poor decision making by our offense and special teams in SB 45 - we still only lost by 6 pts. That is something to hang our hat on. We still ranked slightly above average in pass defense at the end of the season. We could have ranked worse except for the last 12 games we played - we ranked #1 in the league.

Thirdly - just like the Saints coach said after their loss to the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs - "Any given Sunday you can lose to a team you are better than - parity has prevailed." The Packers played A+ offense, turnover-creatin' defense and that's that. We played a D game and still STILL had a chance to win it in the end.

Fourthly - Oh ye of little faith. The Steelers haters have given this teams plenty of reason to prove some things wrongs. Backs are officially up against the wall. Que the Renegade music . . .

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #19
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,370 Posts

and I'll say now for the record that I made too many words plural due to Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote