Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #21
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFan View Post
I think you guys got ambushed today and I don't expect the next meeting to play out in such a lopsided fashion. However, the Ravens made major changes in the off season, all of which were done with the Steelers in mind. Your team, OTOH, kept a pat hand and gave out some huge contracts that will have long term consequences. In a way, it's understandable, you have to reward those guys who have done so much, but it's a meter that's going to keep running for a while.

As I see it, the Steelers had a horrible game, the Ravens had a great game, but now the genie is out of the bottle and you'll have a hard time getting it back in.
The Ravens won a regular season game today. It was equivalent to their SB, a statement game. I see a lot of panic, I see the Steelers had a crappy game. It won't happen all season, I have no reason to panic, I have no reason to think the Steelers won't win the division, and the genie that you speak of has to stay healthy and play like today if they're gonna get past the Steelers in the post season. It's a long season, the Ravens just won their SB, congrats, but they only won a regular season game, let's not act like it was the AFCCG. You bet the same thing won't happen here in November friend.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #22
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294

I have been a fan and close follower of the Steelers for more than 30 years...this was the worst game I have ever seen them play, and that's saying something since I have seen some horrible games/seasons.

I blame this on lack of preparation and game planning specifically on the coaching staff combined with lack of heart on both sides of the ball. Where were our play makers today?

NO pressure on Flacco, which is the only way to beat this team and him + horrible offensive play calling (thanks once again Bruce) = a brutal beat down on week one to our division rivals.

Let's hope we can right this ship and get an opportunity to take 2 out of 3, but if game play continues in this direction, that may be far cry from reality.
Drizztbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFan View Post
I think you guys got ambushed today and I don't expect the next meeting to play out in such a lopsided fashion. However, the Ravens made major changes in the off season, all of which were done with the Steelers in mind. Your team, OTOH, kept a pat hand and gave out some huge contracts that will have long term consequences. In a way, it's understandable, you have to reward those guys who have done so much, but it's a meter that's going to keep running for a while.

As I see it, the Steelers had a horrible game, the Ravens had a great game, but now the genie is out of the bottle and you'll have a hard time getting it back in.

What "huge" contracts did we give out that will have long term consequences?
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
The Ravens won a regular season game today. It was equivalent to their SB, a statement game. I see a lot of panic, I see the Steelers had a crappy game. It won't happen all season, I have no reason to panic, I have no reason to think the Steelers won't win the division, and the genie that you speak of has to stay healthy and play like today if they're gonna get past the Steelers in the post season. It's a long season, the Ravens just won their SB, congrats, but they only won a regular season game, let's not act like it was the AFCCG. You bet the same thing won't happen here in November friend.
Yep , thats what i keep telling myself, its only one game. So why does it hurt so much? guess i'm a sore loser.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #25
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
Agreed. Ravens were ready to play and we weren't. Still a long season to play.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #26
NCBlackWolf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18115

Very well said.

Woodley disappointed today. He wasn't playing hard at all. Just don't get it.
If you can't get up for this game, then there is some real issues and hand.
and I love the Beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizztbob View Post
I have been a fan and close follower of the Steelers for more than 30 years...this was the worst game I have ever seen them play, and that's saying something since I have seen some horrible games/seasons.

I blame this on lack of preparation and game planning specifically on the coaching staff combined with lack of heart on both sides of the ball. Where were our play makers today?

NO pressure on Flacco, which is the only way to beat this team and him + horrible offensive play calling (thanks once again Bruce) = a brutal beat down on week one to our division rivals.

Let's hope we can right this ship and get an opportunity to take 2 out of 3, but if game play continues in this direction, that may be far cry from reality.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #27
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Almost through the 2nd Q on DVr, lol

Harrison mustve been held 8 times so far, 1 called.

Smith needs a F%$^%^ wheel chair and Kiesel is being schooled. What a waste of 5mill on Smith, thats some CB money or a good OLINE. If Dline lets everything through the LB's cant do their job.

Mcfadden, we shouldnt complain at all, because we all said he sucks.

Spent 200million on LB's and coupons on CB and Oline.

Big ben is not a F#$%^^ pocket passer and it sure seems like that is what they want him to do. He scrambles he makes plays.

Made Flacco look like a haal of fame QB instead of the choker he is.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbad@50 View Post
Yep , thats what i keep telling myself, its only one game. So why does it hurt so much? guess i'm a sore loser.
LOL, you're jst mad cause of who we lost to, the thuggiest team in the NFL. Harpunk just acted like he won his SB and essentially he did. This was their statement game, tired of being the Steelers red-headed little brother. Anyone who thinks the Ravens can maintain this type of play all season is delusional. The Steelers will be fine and get hot when it counts.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,115 Times in 607 Posts

Bottom line this one hurt, I didn't see a whole lot of heart, I have to wonder if sitting the starters for the last pre-season game worked? That to me IMO leads to rust, lack of game speed and too much confidence as well as arrogance. I think the Steelers heard all the hype about their "weapons", well guess what the "weapons" misfired today. The defense has a long way to go, as a matter of fact if I received a big contract, I would help the team and the salary cap out, I would give my game check back because none of them deserve, just my thoughts!!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #30
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Has Troy come back from the bank yet? I heard he was lte getting to the game to make sure the check cleared before he suited up?

He should give his game day check back too.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote