Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: God Bless America, We Will NOT Hear The End Of It!!! Re: Bobby Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Well I'm not one to gloat but let's face it this game was not a typical Ravens-Steelers game. This was a statement game, a message game. The Ravens didn't want to just beat the Steelers, they wanted to humiliate them. Because of their history. ANd they did.

The past Ravens frustrations, all those close playoff losses, Ben always beating Flacco..... that appears to be history now.

The Ravens rebuilt the team in the off season, Tomlin had reason to worry about all those Ravens changes. Getting rid of fan favorites like Heap and Mason was painful but necessary. The Ravens have become younger, quicker. The Steelers looked like an old team out there today.

Many of the changes the Ravens made were for the specific purpose of matching up better with the Steelers and being able to beat their rivals. I feel like a weight is lifted off the Ravens shoulders and the shoulders of all Ravens fans.

The era of the Steelers domination of this division is likely over. The era of Ben dominating Flacco is over. Flacco looked far the superior QB today.

The Ravens sent a message to all the NFL today.
There is a new team to beat.
You just can't expect this next time. The Steelers literally had no answer. Now, we got tape to go back to and fix it. That was an ass-lashing, a one of a kind beatdown that rarely happens twice.

I give Balty credit, they were sharp, fast and pin-point while Pittsburgh was slow, spotty, and ugly. 7 turnovers? 3 in the redzone? That's 21 possible points. Game 1/16. I'm not panicking. Balty beat us first last season. We will meet again.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Well I'm not one to gloat but let's face it this game was not a typical Ravens-Steelers game. This was a statement game, a message game. The Ravens didn't want to just beat the Steelers, they wanted to humiliate them. Because of their history. ANd they did.

The past Ravens frustrations, all those close playoff losses, Ben always beating Flacco..... that appears to be history now.

The Ravens rebuilt the team in the off season, Tomlin had reason to worry about all those Ravens changes. Getting rid of fan favorites like Heap and Mason was painful but necessary. The Ravens have become younger, quicker. The Steelers looked like an old team out there today.

Many of the changes the Ravens made were for the specific purpose of matching up better with the Steelers and being able to beat their rivals. I feel like a weight is lifted off the Ravens shoulders and the shoulders of all Ravens fans.

The era of the Steelers domination of this division is likely over. The era of Ben dominating Flacco is over. Flacco looked far the superior QB today.

The Ravens sent a message to all the NFL today.
There is a new team to beat.
it looked a lot to me like one team was salivating all off-season for this game; while the other team treated it like it was a win in the bag before it started and got caught with their pants down, unprepared and flat out ****y.

i'd ease up on the changing of the guard talk as if all of a sudden the Steelers are now the Ravens' whipping boys. it was one game, give me a break.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12193

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
it looked a lot to me like one team was salivating all off-season for this game; while the other team treated it like it was a win in the bag before it started and got caught with their pants down, unprepared and flat out ****y.

i'd ease up on the changing of the guard talk as if all of a sudden the Steelers are now the Ravens' whipping boys. it was one game, give me a break.
Yeah, THAT!!

Harbaugh had that look on his face during the game like Will Ferrell in Kicking and Screaming after about 3 double shots of espresso!! I halfway expected him to show up on the sidelines wearing purple silk running suit with the big tiger on the back!! You know that playoff loss just chewed on that psychotic prick for the entire off season. Throw in a healthy dose of bulletin board fodder from our boys along with a very businesslike approach to this game from the Steelers (HUGE MISTAKE) and we came into this game with a huge uphill battle on our hands. I saw this game coming from a mile away! I still hold to my belief that we will go 11 - 5 and make it as a wildcard, barring any catastrophic injuries. From there, it's a whole new season!!!
The Nov 6th game will NOT be a repeat... BOOK IT!!
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,052 Posts

its not terribly surprising considering ravens had to hear about how bad they were for 9 months.

not too worried,, wouldnt of mattered if we lost 8-7 or 35-7.. still 0-1...

on to the seahawks
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,117 Posts

No, bobby jr. isn't one to rub dirt in others faces, that's his redeeming quality.

And I'll congratulate the Ravens on laying down an embarrassing beatdown, but I can't congratulate him or give credit to his predictions...since they are always the same no matter what. The nut was indeed found yesterday.

Already fired up for the rematch though!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote