Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #131
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Member Number: 18789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Yeah, I'm not too worried about the season yet. If they're still playing like this in week 3 and 4, then I'll be worried.

I hope they get a little bit of redemption against the Patriots. That would be the biggest confidence booster of them all. We'll see though.

I expect both teams to make the playoffs though...barring total team collapses...which I guess most would say is possible or is happening to the Steelers. I'm not one to pronounce them dead yet though.
If the Steelers do beat the Patriots before they play the Ravens, I'd be a bit worried. I think the Patriots are vastly improved on Defense and they'll always be good on Offense with Tom Brady under center, so if the Steelers win that's a huge confidence boost and a great test to see how much they've improved.
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #132
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,298
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 315
Thanked 389 Times in 248 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
I expected a response where I wouldn't be attacked or insulted for no reason. The majority of your posts were filled with uneccessary profanity and no person or team is perfect, making a negative assumption that is not 100% off is a crime or something here?
Sorry I didn't meet your expectations Dad. You're just acting very naive to ask that question on a Steelers site in the way you did and expect roses and ponies.

I spent all afternoon surrounded by Ravens fans giving me crap & then I get on here and read your post. Just hit me the wrong way I guess...
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #133
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,298
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 315
Thanked 389 Times in 248 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
If the Steelers do beat the Patriots before they play the Ravens, I'd be a bit worried. I think the Patriots are vastly improved on Defense and they'll always be good on Offense with Tom Brady under center, so if the Steelers win that's a huge confidence boost and a great test to see how much they've improved.
If we are to beat the Pats we'll need to improve vastly too. Not sure how. It may be time to get the young DBs going. O-line must play better too.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #134
GMU Steeler
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,032
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 46
Thanked 901 Times in 477 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

If we're going to beat the Pats, we need nice, long, substained drives and to cause Brady to make mistakes. Tough task but not impossible. I really do want to see our young db's stepping up in the next game though. You gotta hope that one of them will look like a potential starter since Ike Taylor ain't getting any younger though Ike did well today.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #135
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Member Number: 18789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
If we are to beat the Pats we'll need to improve vastly too. Not sure how. It may be time to get the young DBs going. O-line must play better too.
Personally, I think the Steelers should have drafted a sure-fire starter at Cornerback like Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling. I know 4th and 5th rounders can be good and even great, but it takes time more times than it doesn't. The only reason I think they should have picked a Cornerback higher is because they were Super Bowl runner-ups and could repeat, if they got better at the one thing they mainly had a problem with; containing the pass.
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #136
GMU Steeler
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,032
Member Number: 16173
Thanks: 46
Thanked 901 Times in 477 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
Personally, I think the Steelers should have drafted a sure-fire starter at Cornerback like Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling. I know 4th and 5th rounders can be good and even great, but it takes time more times than it doesn't. The only reason I think they should have picked a Cornerback higher is because they were Super Bowl runner-ups and could repeat, if they got better at the one thing they mainly had a problem with; containing the pass.
3rd and 4th but your point is fair. What I heard was htat Aaron Williams didn't really fit our scheme and that why we passed on him for his teammate, Curtis Brown. I wouldn't have minded Dowling. We've got a couple UVA guys already in Farrior and Miller, and UVA guys tend to be smart. I think there was worry about Dowling being inury prone though. I think the reason why they chose Cam is because he was the BPA on the big board and outside of Ziggy Hood we really had no youth at the d-line as both Keisel, Smith, Nick Eason (who is now gone) were all over 30 at the time. It's just a shame we missed getting Revis in 2007. Lawrence Timmons is the man but Revis is an excellent CB to put it kindly. We usually go BPA though which IMO is a working strategy.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #137
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,298
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 315
Thanked 389 Times in 248 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
Personally, I think the Steelers should have drafted a sure-fire starter at Cornerback like Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling. I know 4th and 5th rounders can be good and even great, but it takes time more times than it doesn't. The only reason I think they should have picked a Cornerback higher is because they were Super Bowl runner-ups and could repeat, if they got better at the one thing they mainly had a problem with; containing the pass.
Can't argue with this. The Steelers rely on pass rush to create quick decisions by the opposing QB. The DBs are just supposed to keep the play in front of them. So, the FO tends to focus on LBs and DL.

Honestly, the most glaring issue I saw in this game was absolutely no pressure on Flacco. That's what kills us against Brady. He gets the ball out so quickly that we can't get to him. Couple that with our DBs playing 10-15 yards off the WRs and Brady will dink & dunk us all the way down the field.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #138
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Member Number: 18789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Can't argue with this. The Steelers rely on pass rush to create quick decisions by the opposing QB. The DBs are just supposed to keep the play in front of them. So, the FO tends to focus on LBs and DL.

Honestly, the most glaring issue I saw in this game was absolutely no pressure on Flacco. That's what kills us against Brady. He gets the ball out so quickly that we can't get to him. Couple that with our DBs playing 10-15 yards off the WRs and Brady will dink & dunk us all the way down the field.
Well, to be honest. I think our offensive line is ACTUALLY revamped, it's not just some fluke, by getting big-name free agents and stuff. Bryant McKinnie really seems to be inspired to work harder and it might have to do with Ed Reed being his former teammate at the University of Miami. Who knows though, but I doubt we'll give up 40 sacks again this season.
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #139
SteeleReign
Team President
 
SteeleReign's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,298
Member Number: 13943
Thanks: 315
Thanked 389 Times in 248 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
Well, to be honest. I think our offensive line is ACTUALLY revamped, it's not just some fluke, by getting big-name free agents and stuff. Bryant McKinnie really seems to be inspired to work harder and it might have to do with Ed Reed being his former teammate at the University of Miami. Who knows though, but I doubt we'll give up 40 sacks again this season.
Your line looked good, but if our defense can't impose their will then we will lose a lot of games. We must speed up the QBs reads to win. I will also say that Flacco looked as good as I've ever seen him.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #140
Baltimore Ravens Fan
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 77
Member Number: 18789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Your line looked good, but if our defense can't impose their will then we will lose a lot of games. We must speed up the QBs reads to win. I will also say that Flacco looked as good as I've ever seen him.
Yeah. I agree, just curious but to you guys think Flacco is a BAD QUARTERBACK. Not just against the Steelers, but as a whole. I don't get all the love towards Matt Ryan, he almost always plays awful against good defenses and hasn't won anything in the postseason.
Baltimore Ravens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts