Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #141
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Week 1 Post Game Thread

I love how Ravens fans show up right after the worst pounding I've seen in recent memory.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #142
mashsoccer37
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14991

Terrible game... The fake field goal run felt like a dick-move to even call to me when you're up 21 points, but I'm glad they did it bc I guess it will just add fuel to the fire when we get ready for the Ravens for next game. The only players I noticed in a positive way were Wallace (but only after the Ravens went into Prevent D) and Ike Taylor. Taylor was white on rice today... He's the only Steeler that lived up to his contract today.

Also, what's up with Phil Simms verbally fellating the Ravens? I remember thinking it in the beginning of the game and it got exponentially worse as the game went on (I realize we got whipped and he needed something to talk about, but wtf?) When Ed Reed got his first interception... "Ed Reed, the biggest playmaker in the game making plays again".... I'm sorry, but I coulda been playing safety for the Ravens today and I woulda had those two interceptions. If he had caught that ball where he was sliding and the ball was across his body that woulda been making a play, but when a QB makes a piss-poor decision and floats the ball into your arms that is not making a play.

Poor effort all around, was dominated from the start in all facets of the game... Was disappointed to see our guys get big contract extensions in the offseason and not show up (except for Ike)
mashsoccer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #143
mashsoccer37
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Ravens Fan View Post
Yeah. I agree, just curious but to you guys think Flacco is a BAD QUARTERBACK. Not just against the Steelers, but as a whole. I don't get all the love towards Matt Ryan, he almost always plays awful against good defenses and hasn't won anything in the postseason.
Just my opinion, but I do think that Flacco is a below-average to average QB. I've lived in Baltimore for a few years so I catch a bunch of games and he seems to take a snap on passing plays with one receiver in mind and if the receiver isn't open he checks it down to Ray Rice all the time. He doesn't seem to be able to make progressions and read who is open, it's a two step process: Look at the receiver, throw to Rice. Having said that, that might be the way Cam Cameron has built the offense since Rice is a pretty potent weapon.

I think this year will be Flacco's career defining year... He's had his time in the league to get acclimated and I know that the talk is that Cameron is going to open up the playbook more this year and allow Flacco to expand on his work. Either he will rise to the occasion and become an upper-tier QB in the next few years or he'll remain a middling one... I think we will see what his future holds this year.

Interested to hear your thoughts though
mashsoccer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #144
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

I think Ryan gets the love he gets because he's your prototypical all American type QB ala Manning and Brady. I am not sure where I'd put Flacco on the list. I wouldn't call him average since that implies that half of the QB's in the league are better than him and I don't feel that way. I also don't feel he's top ten really either. I guess I'd put Joe in the top dozen or so. The problem Flacco has had though if you ask me so far in his career is he's struggled to win the big game and I don't know if he's the guy to carry a team's offense. Ray Rice IMO is the Ravens best offensive player. I like his talent a lot since he's one of those backs that can run really well and can catch good too which unfortunately for us we saw in the game today. . I think some Baltimore fans are a little impatient with him because they've seen how quickly Ben became succesful here with the Steelers and they of course want that.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #145
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBlackWolf View Post
Very well said.

Woodley disappointed today. He wasn't playing hard at all. Just don't get it.
If you can't get up for this game, then there is some real issues and hand.
and I love the Beast.
i get hated on this a lot, but i have never been impressed by woodley. he received his huge pay increase and he is still the same. i will admit his sack was all him rather than one of his untouched sacks or blocked by a RB sack. i expect a lot more from woodley now. he should be tenacious on every play, but i seriously doubt will ever happen. he's paid more than harrison so his motor should be revving higher
Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #146
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Wow.....what's up with that new rookie QB today, huh? You know, that #7 guy.....Ben Whatshisburger? Man, he better start improving real quick or I'd say start Charlie Batch. At least his career can only go up from here though. We need that rookie back who started in '04, what happend to that guy?
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #147
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
i get hated on this a lot, but i have never been impressed by woodley. he received his huge pay increase and he is still the same. i will admit his sack was all him rather than one of his untouched sacks or blocked by a RB sack. i expect a lot more from woodley now. he should be tenacious on every play, but i seriously doubt will ever happen. he's paid more than harrison so his motor should be revving higher
And to be honest, he doesn't get held with nearly the frequency Harrison does. He should be doing more, given that. Harrison, of course, gets gang-raped on every snap and still somehow manages to make the play. Simply amazing.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #148
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

I've thought about this for a while now and I think our schemes on both sides of the ball are tired and played out. Teams know exactly what they are gonna get when they play us. I see a lack of creativity on both sides...yes I do think lebeau is one of the best but I believe in this stage of his career its getting old and teams are game planning very well against us. Arians on the other hand doesnt have a creative speck in his brain!! I do believe this will be lebeau's final year and next year I think Tomlin will instill more of his philosophies in the defense. Arians needs to go!! Lack of creativity and a terrible O-line = death of our quarterback. If something dont change then Ben will be running for his life all season! I think it is time to rebuild a lot of areas from the ground up, only problem is that takes more money.
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #149
Mick0311
Banned

Member Number: 18800

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashsoccer37 View Post
Terrible game... The fake field goal run felt like a dick-move to even call to me when you're up 21 points, but I'm glad they did it bc I guess it will just add fuel to the fire when we get ready for the Ravens for next game. The only players I noticed in a positive way were Wallace (but only after the Ravens went into Prevent D) and Ike Taylor. Taylor was white on rice today... He's the only Steeler that lived up to his contract today.

Also, what's up with Phil Simms verbally fellating the Ravens? I remember thinking it in the beginning of the game and it got exponentially worse as the game went on (I realize we got whipped and he needed something to talk about, but wtf?) When Ed Reed got his first interception... "Ed Reed, the biggest playmaker in the game making plays again".... I'm sorry, but I coulda been playing safety for the Ravens today and I woulda had those two interceptions. If he had caught that ball where he was sliding and the ball was across his body that woulda been making a play, but when a QB makes a piss-poor decision and floats the ball into your arms that is not making a play.

Poor effort all around, was dominated from the start in all facets of the game... Was disappointed to see our guys get big contract extensions in the offseason and not show up (except for Ike)

I don't think it was a dick move. You guys have a great team, that has recently come back on us. That made it a 4 possesion game, and pretty much out of reach with the amount of time left in the game.

In regards to analysts fluffing on us, hardly a one gave us a chance in this game. Also, if you think it's a fluke that Reed got those two picks, well, that's nearly 60 flukes in his career. Best safety in football, and he knows where to be.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #150
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick0311 View Post
I don't think it was a dick move. You guys have a great team, that has recently come back on us. That made it a 4 possesion game, and pretty much out of reach with the amount of time left in the game.

In regards to analysts fluffing on us, hardly a one gave us a chance in this game. Also, if you think it's a fluke that Reed got those two picks, well, that's nearly 60 flukes in his career. Best safety in football, and he knows where to be.
Troll alert! First post and obvious Ravens fan. If you dont like what your reading in here then dont come in here let alone post something!! Im sure the Ravens have their own board...take your opinions there not in our house!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote