Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #31
Steeler4life1972
Banned

Member Number: 17121
Default Re: Week 2 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I got to listen to the game on the web,wish those 2 drives that fizzled would have worked out but overall HAPPY!!! Could someone that watched give a grade to the secondary! Wheres Bobby jr. and the rest of the rat invasion? Cheers to the win and continued success
Maybe we need to go to the ravens site and rub it in to those assholes like they do us...wait...we are classier than that!!!
Steeler4life1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #32
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Week 2 Post Game Thread: Steelers blank Seahawks, 24-0

That's the way I wanted to see them win, with dominance, Seattle didn't even cross mid field except once. I still didn't see any real intensity, but it is the Seahawks and we were dominating most of the time. Ben was off on some throws, but overall had a good game, 22/30 w/ 298 passing yards, a touchdown, and no picks. He missed some throws and if he can reel in those throws, he will have huge games. Keisel played well, but I didn't see much pass rush, Harrison was a no show most of the game as was Woodley. I think that's bigger then what a lot of people think, with Woodley and Harrison no show's, we have no pash rush. Receivers got open, Mendenhall played well as did Redman, the D looks like they are back with the exception of the pash rush, Ben looked way better, we are definetly on the way up. Main things that bother me is how far off Ben was a few times and the lack of pass rush and pass blocking. The O line, horrible again, but that will not change this season. All said, great game, won it the way they should, like to see them work out the last few quirks and shut down the Manningless Colts like this.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,038 Times in 416 Posts

We need to work on the big plays and using momentum to our advantage. More experience with the WRs and Ben will help this.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #34
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
While Collins is garbage against 95% of the league, he does a decent job against the Steelers

If we don't don't jump on them early and get the crowd out of it.....it could be another stressful game
YEa, that has always puzzled me, why we have a hard time defending Kerry Collins.

But anyway, good game this week. Like most people in the world, I expected us to beat Seattle. They're a bad team, but at least we made them look like a bad team. It's something. I'm mainly glad that Ben wasn't seriously injured. A lot of weaknesses still visible especially our o-line
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #35
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,631 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
YEa, that has always puzzled me, why we have a hard time defending Kerry Collins.

But anyway, good game this week. Like most people in the world, I expected us to beat Seattle. They're a bad team, but at least we made them look like a bad team. It's something. I'm mainly glad that Ben wasn't seriously injured. A lot of weaknesses still visible especially our o-line
the times kerry collins had good games vs us, he was on 2 super bowl contender teams. once on a giants team that eventually went to the super bowl (then loss to the ravens), and another on the titans who were the #1 seed. it's not so much collins vs us, but that team vs ours. I highly doubt he can lead the depleted colts vs us to a victory.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

It doesnt matter who we beat, we did what good teams are supposed to do against bad teams - WIN! And it was a shut out. No matter how bad a team is it's still the NFL and shut outs are special. Great job Steelers!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #37
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
It doesnt matter who we beat, we did what good teams are supposed to do against bad teams - WIN! And it was a shut out. No matter how bad a team is it's still the NFL and shut outs are special. Great job Steelers!
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #38
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts

winner winner chicken dinner
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #39
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Did Gay start? I watched the game at a bar and I never pick up on the little things when i'm not at home...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #40
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
but I didn't see much pass rush, Harrison was a no show most of the game as was Woodle
you won't until lebeau does a better job with the blitzes. they seem to be the same bland blitzes over and over. they need to run more stunts.

i don't think harrison will be a factor until he gets his strength/conditioning back. he isn't all over the field like has been in years past.