Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,032 Times in 1,780 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Default Excited about the future

I am excited about our future as a team. Offensively, we have alot of excellent young talented players such as Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Marcus Gilbert, Maurkice Pouncey and Iaasc Redman. Not to mention our current squad is still young and improving in Mendenhall, Wallace and Legursky. Then over on defense we have young guys ready to terrorize offenses, and before long they will be. With Ziggy Hood, Steve Mclendon and Cameron Heyward all improving, they'll be suited up quicker than you think. Hampton, Smith and Keisel are all aging, and won't be around much longer. Our linebackers are excellent as well. James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons and Larry Foote make up an all-time defensive unit. Steven Sylvester, a promising LB out of Utah serving as a backup to Farrior is exciting. Farrior is in his 15th year, and Sylvester will be seeing play time more and more. Timmons and Woodley are both young, and even they have great backups behind them. Then you of course have the deep backs. Heh.

My question is. What do you guys think about our young talent?
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,951 Times in 3,702 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Excited about the future

The wide receivers look like they'll be something else. But I would guess that we're not going to hang on to all three of them for long. I think Mendenhall and Redman could be used very effectively together over the next few years.

Pouncey is an absolute beast. He's as important to the Steelers future as Wallace is.

On the defensive side, I really do like Hood. And Timmons and Woodley show signs of being great players for a long time to come. I'm not sold on Sylvester yet, or really any of our young DB's, but then again I'm no great analyst.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
The wide receivers look like they'll be something else. But I would guess that we're not going to hang on to all three of them for long. I think Mendenhall and Redman could be used very effectively together over the next few years.

Pouncey is an absolute beast. He's as important to the Steelers future as Wallace is.

On the defensive side, I really do like Hood. And Timmons and Woodley show signs of being great players for a long time to come. I'm not sold on Sylvester yet, or really any of our young DB's, but then again I'm no great analyst.
Any young lineman with even the least amount of skill is important to our future, lol. Hopefully we draft a good one in the next draft, or we pick up a FA.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Pouncey is an absolute beast. He's as important to the Steelers future as Wallace is
i would say more important
Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
Steel4ever95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18825

Very excited about some of the young talent the Steelers have. The WR have all the potential in the world, and its going to be a pain for opposing d's to game plan for them, I mentioned it in another post but Holmes and Wallace would have been sick. Mendenhall will really shine when Arains is gone, but I think we all know that. The duo of Mendenhall and Redman will simply punish opposing teams. The line pretty much has Pouncey and thats about it, but he will be an all pro for a long time.

Woodley and Timmons are going to be good stuff for a years to come as well. Jason Worilds showed flashes of what he can do last year, cant wait to see some more of him. Hood will be a darn good DE, and Heyward should fill at the other end pretty good to, I havent seen much of Heyward though. It would be nice to see what the Steelers have in there two CB's they drafted this year to.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

I am waiting to see more of Sylvester. Whenever he is in, he is always around the ball and has "playmaker" written all over him. He made some big plays last year, but has not done anything yet this year....because he hasn't had a chance yet.

We probably won't get to see any of him while Farrior is still able to roll around out there in his wheelchair.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I am waiting to see more of Sylvester. Whenever he is in, he is always around the ball and has "playmaker" written all over him. He made some big plays last year, but has not done anything yet this year....because he hasn't had a chance yet.

We probably won't get to see any of him while Farrior is still able to roll around out there in his wheelchair.
LMAO. Farrior still doing good though, gotta give him credit. But we probably need to move on from him soon, before he's munching on fiber crackers and playing bingo with Batch and Smith on the sidelines.