Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #131
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,065
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,831
Thanked 5,773 Times in 2,668 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
A dose of common sense.

If the Steelers make the playoffs, it will be because of their schedule not because they actually deserve it. That's the way I see it now.

Of course, they could get better, but I highly doubt it for a mutlitude of reasons.
Thanks for sharing - now that I know how the season will turn out i can spend my Sundays through February doing something other than watching the games

Atlanta Dan is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #132
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Not much has changed with the Steelers, and that's the problem.They're essentially the same team a year older, with a worse offensive line, a rule change which will hurt their dumbass quarterback
Now Ben is a dumbass on top of being crappy? Have you watched the Steelers much the last 6 years?
tanda10506 is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #133
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Thanks for sharing - now that I know how the season will turn out i can spend my Sundays through February doing something other than watching the games

lol. Sorry for sharing my opinion. I suppose I should just do what everybody else does and say the Steelers "came out flat" or some other stupid cliche that doesn't mean anything.

Of course, my opinion could be wrong, just as yours could be. That's why they play. We make prediction to see if they come true. Hopefully mine is wrong.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #134
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Now Ben is a dumbass on top of being crappy? Have you watched the Steelers much the last 6 years?
I don't think Ben sucks, although that's the word I used previously. I should change it.

I just don't think he's as good as everybody else thinks. He's probably a top-10 QB, maybe just outside.

And yes, he is a dumbass. Anybody who's potentially worth $100 million dollars and a) rides a crotch rocket without a helmet, b) not one year following one sexual assalt charge, fornicates with an underage college girl, who was 'DTF', in a bathroom with a guard watching the door or c) hasn't learned how to get rid of the ball before getting pounded by 300 lb linemen 50 times a year, as far as I'm concerned, such a person is a dumbass.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #135
kirklandrules
Team Captain
 
kirklandrules's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 751
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
lol. great response.

I didn't know we were discussing whether or not I should watch the game. I thought we were discussing whether or not we should be excited about a win agaisnt the Seahawks.

I must have posted in the wrong thread.
My bad ... I'm posting between meetings and took your response to be about the upcoming game. I've heard some gabbing about the Colts stinking it up this year without Manning, then drafting Luck as Mannings future replacement.

I agree that basically winning against a bad Seahawks team doesn't produce a ton of excitement. But I'm still glad they handled their business and are 1-1. A few years ago, the Patriots blistered the Steelers early in the season, then the Steelers lost to the lowly Raiders (in a game they were projected to win easily). So, not repeating that scene and showing improvement sure is a plus.
kirklandrules is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #136
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I don't think Ben sucks, although that's the word I used previously. I should change it.

I just don't think he's as good as everybody else thinks. He's probably a top-10 QB, maybe just outside.

And yes, he is a dumbass. Anybody who's potentially worth $100 million dollars and a) rides a crotch rocket without a helmet, b) not one year following one sexual assalt charge, fornicates with an underage college girl, who was 'DTF', in a bathroom with a guard watching the door or c) hasn't learned how to get rid of the ball before getting pounded by 300 lb linemen 50 times a year, as far as I'm concerned, such a person is a dumbass.
You didnt say he sucked, you said Ward sucked and Ben was "crappy". Ben is underrated by most non Steeler fans, and most NFL experts have him in the top 5 since he wins ALMOST all the important games and has no offensive line whatsoever. Point c that you made I don't think is his fault, usually he is lucky to get 2 seconds to throw and most of the passing plays that we run take longer then 2 seconds to develop. As far as points a and b, I didn't realise you were referring to off the field actions too, so in that case, I would agree with you, although I don't think he will have those problems in the future.
tanda10506 is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #137
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
My bad ... I'm posting between meetings and took your response to be about the upcoming game. I've heard some gabbing about the Colts stinking it up this year without Manning, then drafting Luck as Mannings future replacement.
That would be a good idea for Indy in my opinion.

Quote:
I agree that basically winning against a bad Seahawks team doesn't produce a ton of excitement. But I'm still glad they handled their business and are 1-1. A few years ago, the Patriots blistered the Steelers early in the season, then the Steelers lost to the lowly Raiders (in a game they were projected to win easily). So, not repeating that scene and showing improvement sure is a plus.
I'm glad they won, but I expected it. I hope they get something figured out soon. Offensively, they need to learn how to run the ball, first and foremost. They will need to face the fact Ben isn't the type of quarterback to take control of a game and win it. He needs a running game to be successful.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #138
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
lol. Sorry for sharing my opinion. I suppose I should just do what everybody else does and say the Steelers "came out flat" or some other stupid cliche that doesn't mean anything.

Of course, my opinion could be wrong, just as yours could be. That's why they play. We make prediction to see if they come true. Hopefully mine is wrong.
Most people use their eyes and their brains, not their asses, to formulate coherent observations.
Steelersfan87 is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #139
cloppbeast
Team Captain
 
cloppbeast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Waynesboro
Posts: 868
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Ben is underrated by most non Steeler fans, and most NFL experts have him in the top 5 since he wins ALMOST all the important games and has no offensive line whatsoever
No offensive line? I guess a little hyperbole never hurt anybody.

I am extremely reluctant to give him much credit for winning "most" of the important games he's been in during his carreer. If Alex Smith played alongside one of the lowest scoring defenses year in and year out, he would probably also win many of the important games he plays as well.

When a quarterback only needs to score between 10 and 20 points to win, I won't give him much credit for winning. Sorry.

Quote:
Point c that you made I don't think is his fault, usually he is lucky to get 2 seconds to throw and most of the passing plays that we run take longer then 2 seconds to develop.
The facts disagree with you on this matter. I'll try to find them later this evening for you.

Simply put, he doesn't get sacked 50 times a season with less than 2 seconds to throw. Most of his sacks come after about 10 pump fakes and running around like a chicken with his head cut off refusing to throw the ball away.

Quote:
As far as points a and b, I didn't realise you were referring to off the field actions too, so in that case, I would agree with you, although I don't think he will have those problems in the future.
Fair enough. Off the field issues still say something about his decision making ability in general. But, perhaps I'm just passing personal judgement. My bad.
cloppbeast is offline  
Old 09-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #140
ETL
Team President
Supporter
 
ETL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,232
Member Number: 14528
Thanks: 72
Thanked 298 Times in 148 Posts
Default Re: Not so fast

God, I didn't know that one person's neurotic babbling can last 14 pages....

To the pessamists (wicked, rooney, etc...) - statistically, in the end, there is a good chance that you will be proven right. Why? Because only 1 team will win the SB and that means that 31 out of 32 teams and their fans have some basis for griping. So gripe on, go kick your dog and tell us, "I told you so" and blah, blah, blah, ... (wow, what a miserable existence)

To the optimists - i'm with you and we are all stupid because there is a 96.8% chance that our beloved Steelers will either not make the playoffs or lose the last game. But we will eternally hope and cling on to that 3.2%. It is that 3.2% that makes me watch every sunday, that makes me celebrate wins over lousy opponents like the seahags - no matter what anyone else says and that makes me root for old fogies like Hines Ward and Aaron Smith. Sure, we're on the wrong end of the statistics but its a lot more fun being on this end than the other.
__________________
ETL is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts